While working out do you think about...

Options

Replies

• VoiceOfTrenton
    VoiceOfTrenton Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If it's weightlifting, I need to concentrate on the form. In all exercises though, I just pay attention to my body and try to tune everything else out. Otherwise my mind would wander all over the map, and that's distracting from the goal.
  • brentalanrhodes
    brentalanrhodes Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My thinking goes back and forth with several topics of thought. The music in my ears, my family, work, to do lists, form, count, time, etc.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I'm usually wondering if this is the rep that I'm going to finally just drop on my head
  • DandelionCupcakes
    DandelionCupcakes Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I do math in my head.
    I don't know why and I wish I could stop. :I
  • FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Uhm, am I the only one that sings like a breathless dying homeless man?
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I usually think about what a bad *kitten* i am, how strong i am, how great i am going to feel afterwards, what fun social plans i have on the horizon and what cute outfits i am going to wear and how great i am going to look in said cute outfits. LOL
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking stuff like OMG I couldn't walk up these stairs without almost hyperventilating and now I run up and down them over and over like the Tazmanian Devil. Then I think "should I slow down? dear lord please don't let my knees give out and I faceplant".
  • brentalanrhodes
    Options
    I am highly educated and very cerebral, so it is difficult to turn my brain off. However, when I am doing yoga and strength exercises, I do find I need to concentrate on what I am doing. If I start letting my mind wander too much, that's when I lose my balance, or lift improperly and injure myself. Now, when I am doing cardio, running, biking, etc. I think about all sorts of things. Sometimes, I get some great ideas while getting the aerobic exercise. My art, , relationships, politics, science, sex, it's all fair game then.

I thought this might be a joke after that first sentence. Seriously? lol
  • babynun
    babynun Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Family, upcoming trip home (1st time in 6 years), my newer tone body
  • AboutT1ME
    AboutT1ME Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    "How on earth is there this much sweat in my body?!?"

Yep the brain is a funny thing...
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    "If I trip over my own legs doing this HIIT on the treadmill I will look like a complete *kitten*...oh look a girl in tights :smokin: : "
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    I hate Shawn T... :sad:
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    When the random times come up that I do some cardio...I think about anything from what kind of dishwasher soap I need to buy to unicorns.

When I'm lifting...I try to focus on form...and any close by cute boys. ok ok I'm kidding about the form...
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    *kitten* this is heavy.....

(i'm a weight lifting n00b....)
  • sassynkp
    sassynkp Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Doing Jillian Micheals Body Revolution- I think "She is trying to kill me!" When I walk I usually just kinda work out any stress I may be feeling and try to come up with creative solutions.
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    depends on the day....I can't lie I do think "uh how much longer do I have to do this?" lol but when I am done I feel good for getting through it...other times I think about my bikini sitting in the drawer and hoping I look good in it this summer LOL
  • andrewjuu
    andrewjuu Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    On good days my mind kinda goes blank & I think of nothing. On bad days when stresses are prevalent all of the above :)
  • brentalanrhodes
    Options
    "I hate my love handles" is at the top of my list of thoughts in the gym. :-/
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    It flips between "I want your body Jillian!" or "F U Jillian!"

I'm doing her Body Revolution right now.
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I typically think about everything that I need to do after working out. I typically make a grocery list while doing cardio and other random stuff like that