While working out do you think about...

Options

Replies

• kittenkirst
    kittenkirst Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My friends have told me I am odd as I work out fractions e.g. At 0.5km I am at 1/10th of my run, etc and I do that constantly throughout and once over half way I count how many fractions left e.g at 4km I think I have only 2/10ths left (or 1/5th) etc

Is that strange?
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I usually think about what a bad *kitten* i am, how strong i am, how great i am going to feel afterwards, what fun social plans i have on the horizon and what cute outfits i am going to wear and how great i am going to look in said cute outfits. LOL

^^ love this^^
    thinks some of the same things if i am honest whilst working out, also trying not to die or fall off any machine,find myself thinking about my friends too.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Just giggling at all the thinking people are doing. I run to not think... I think about my form, my pace, my route, my run... When working with a DVD or lifting weights, I think about form, intensity, and quality of the workout. I push hard, guess I don't have time to let me mind wander. It's the only time of day I'm not forced to "think".
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    None of the above?

I think about performing each rep to the best of my ability.

This. Though if I'm doing cardio I try to run on grass or something varied so I have to focus on stepping.

I also like to think about how I'm a man and built for this kind of stuff. My body is a machine, and I definitely can continue running.
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    My thoughts vary day to day. Our machines are LifeFitness and when I am wanting to stop I look at it and tell myself, over and over again, "Life Fitness....Fitness for Life". I gaze around at others, watch my calories burned wrack up, watch the miles add up, enjoy the eye candy when present, idolize beautiful female bodies, think about my to do list for the day.....I could go on and on and on. The mind is a powerful thing!
  • neeko_3
    neeko_3 Posts: 68
    Options
    my awesome music
  • ednaflores619
    ednaflores619 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My plans for the weekend, the dress I want to wear for my birthday, going to grad school, finding a new job, my hot professor, my hot Zumba instructor, or I look around class (not in a pervy way) and see girls whose bodies I wish I had.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    All sorts of random stuff
  • DavidH50
    DavidH50 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Maybe a little...but not to me. Anyway, I think you are very pretty.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    First 1/2 mile: This is great. Sun is shining, birds are chirping....dangit Pepper stop jumping up on me I am not a cow (she is a herding breed)!
    Second 1/2 mile: God this sucks. Why did I ever start doing this?
    Second mile: Woot, doing good! Dangit! Buster, Pepper stop wrestling! Stupid pups...oh look, bird!
    Third mile: Almost done, truck is right there. Yay, water!
    Forth mile (walking now as still building mileage): MMM...aqua. Yum. Oh look! Bird!
    Fifth mile: Darnit Pepper! Buster! Stop it! I am all muddy and wet now. Grr...here...go get the stick.
    Sixth mile: Yay, done. Now to go home, get a nice bath. Oh, look bird!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I think about what I'm doing. I'm not capable of thinking about anything else. I'm a first class klutz. If I don't focus on my movements I hurt myself. >.<
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    6) is it over yet?

^^^Definitely!!!
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    not dieing.

when Im lifting, yep... pretty much! :laugh: :laugh:
  • Cheri_Moves
    Options
    *I focus on my sets/reps/intervals...
    *Not dying...
    * That dude is strong! oh, wait... what was I doing?
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    How great Im going to look in the next few months
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I need to try to distract myself or zone out when doing cardio or I start with the "I want to stop now" mentality. Usually I think about the song I'm listening to or what meals I could cook that day/week. Also hope there is a good show on the gym tv.
  • Cheri_Moves
    Options
    My thoughts vary day to day. Our machines are LifeFitness and when I am wanting to stop I look at it and tell myself, over and over again, "Life Fitness....Fitness for Life". I gaze around at others, watch my calories burned wrack up, watch the miles add up, enjoy the eye candy when present, idolize beautiful female bodies, think about my to do list for the day.....I could go on and on and on. The mind is a powerful thing!

Besides the life fitness machines, our minds are very similar...
  • Pema91
    Pema91 Posts: 44
    Options
    If I'm working with my PT, I'm thinking 'I hate you, I hate you', probably the same as what women think of their husbands as they are giving birth!! If I am on my own and doing cardio I'll zone out to whatever is relevant in my life at that moment and if I am weight lifting I'll be concentrating on that to increase efficiency and avoid injury (although not like that's helped a lot, I'm off training this spring due to injury!!).

Interesting to see everyone else's responses!

Ms Px
  • HawkeyeLite
    Options
    I love this topic! I think for me it depends on if it's a good workout or a bad workout!

If it's bad, I keep checking the time - how much time do I have left? And I keep reminding myself why I'm doing this - but mostly I think about how I want to quit. :( Luckily those days are far and few between!

Mostly it's a good workout, so if I'm at the gym (at bootcamp class) I just tune out the world and pay attention to my body and how I'm doing in the mirror. Also sometimes, I look at myself and think - way to go! Look at those arms. :) I also look around the gym and check out how other people look. Which sounds bad - but it's not judgmental in a bad way - it's like, check out that dude's arms! Or that chick can totally lift a lot of weight! So it makes me work harder because I'm impressed by the people around me.

During my run, I usually think about the guy I'm seeing, or the plan for the day, the music and the lyrics I'm listening to, how strong my legs feel that day, how my stride is....
  • Loftearmen
    Loftearmen Posts: 380
    Options
    Getting as fired up as I can. Snorting ammonia, heavy metal and smashing siht.