1. Work
2. Family
3. Counting laps/reps
4. Sex
5. Your new body

Replies

• xintothevoidxz
    Options
    Due to lack of motivation recently, it's been "How long have I been doing this? How much time do I have left until my goal?"

I'm trying to get into a new frame of mind :blushing:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    None of the above?

I think about performing each rep to the best of my ability.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I can only focus on my breathing, the reps, the execution. If I get sidetracked and lose count when doing arm exercises it ticks me off.

If I'm listening to good music during the rest in between sets, I dance, rap or sing.

eta: Basically, I think about me, myself and I.
  • Phrakman
    Phrakman Posts: 113
    Options
    not dieing.
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I try not to think because then I get side tracked. If I do think to myself it's usually "come on Shalla", "ahhh", or "I need to push harder" something like that to pump myself up.
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    While running or cycling I just zone out, think about my breathing and watch the world around me.

While lifting weights or doing body weight stuff at home, I think about not stepping on my 4 cats who like to "help".

Exercise is mostly a nice break from thinking for me!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    6) is it over yet?
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    depends on the workout - Jillian Michaels "how long have I been doing it" "good enough for now?" "I hate this B!"..then Zumba...singing away more than half way through..towards the end "wow already been half an hour!" oh and "crap ..can people see in my windows" LOL
  • ravenwork
    ravenwork Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am highly educated and very cerebral, so it is difficult to turn my brain off. However, when I am doing yoga and strength exercises, I do find I need to concentrate on what I am doing. If I start letting my mind wander too much, that's when I lose my balance, or lift improperly and injure myself. Now, when I am doing cardio, running, biking, etc. I think about all sorts of things. Sometimes, I get some great ideas while getting the aerobic exercise. My art, , relationships, politics, science, sex, it's all fair game then.
  • StaticEntropy
    StaticEntropy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Form.
  • sferguson65
    sferguson65 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I think about how hard I have worked to lose the first 25 pounds I lost before starting here and this 20 I have lost since joining. I really don't want this weight back. I will also take anyone who wants to be friends.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    hot and steamy sex.
  • alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    When I run outside I think about things that are stressing me out. When I run on the treadmill at the gym I am usually people watching, lol. Strength training I just think about how much I want it to be done :)
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    6) is it over yet?

This.

And sex. I try to remember every day that I love sex, and the lighter I become, the more my future hubby and I can do. :3
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I'm usually thinking that I'm really glad with my song choice.
  • Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    Options
    no
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I want to stop. I cant stop. I cant do this any more. I'm tired. Your body does what you tell it to. I'd rather be napping. this sucks. it hurts. I dont want to .
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    "I can do this!"
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Definitely 5 lol. When my muscles are like "STOP NO MORE! YOU'RE KILLING US!"I look in the mirror and imagine myself at my max potential!

But mostly, "Why are they looking at me? Is it because I'm in shape? Or because I'm out of shape?" I'm so paranoid lol.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    6) is it over yet?

7) How soon can I post my workout to MFP?

Seriously, depends on the workout. I love kickboxing because I can't think - I need to focus on the combo and form. So my mind and body are both rejuvenated after a workout. For repetitive stuff like running, I just make sure I keep my thoughts positive - like how I'm training for a charity run, ideas for fundraisers, etc. If I start thinking negatively, I physically feel it.