Gym Clothes - wish there were more t-shirt options

Options

Replies

• sarahlynnekline
    Options
    I second the old navy shirts! Their cotton razor backs are the best! I hope they get more in stock this year. I just bought something similar to this at Target. Best workout shirt ever! It hides it all for me!
    http://www.target.com/p/c9-by-champion-women-s-fit-and-flare-tank-assorted-colors/-/A-14340367#prodSlot=large_1_2

That is the same as mine. I have it in that crazy bright green.

I've got neon pink! ;)
  • sarahlynnekline
    Options
    I dont worry about the tops as much as the bottoms. I cant seem to find any that will fit over my backside. Some do but as soon as I start to move they start to fall. Its exasperating.

I just found amazing lined shorts at SAMs! The waist has a drawstring and their long enough, but tight enough not to ride up. They also have a higher waist which helps a ton!
  • widrakie
    widrakie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    After all these recommendations! I went to my old navy looking for the tanks... Unfortunately they were TOOO popular!! I could only find extra small's and 2xL's! Same on the website! I'll have to keep watching! I did like them, although maybe almost TOO thin? I fee like you can would see me right right them when I tried them on! Anyone else find similar ones please post here I'd like to get one or 2!
  • fabfindz05
    fabfindz05 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I hate tights shirts and I've never had an issue with finding something fairly cute to workout in. Nike has several Dri Fit options that are relaxed fit. I have found several tank tops that are either relaxed fit or a bit flowy. I either pair them with my running shorts or with compression or or running tights.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Just wear a shirt. Doesn't have to be a "gym shirt" for you to get a good work out in it.
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I agree, Nightterror21! I think the people wearing the revealing clothes are the ones trying to pick someone up. :-) Not me - I'm doing my thing, sweating, & trying to hide the fat that I do have. lol
    ]

If you were really doing your own thing, sweating, & trying to hide the fat that you have you wouldn't have time to be so judgemental ;)

Sometimes at the gym you cant help but look. IF you go to the gym you can not say you have never seen it. Girls/guys in clothes several sizes too small or wearing spandex that shows it all.

When I am working out at the gym on treadmill I am not happy to see the person in from on my with spandex and being able to see their entire crack or spandex so tight I can basically read the brand name of the panties.

IMO it is not ok to be working out sporting the camel toe in the gym.

I see it all the time. But it doesn't necessarily mean because they are wearing something others deem inappropriate that they are there to "pick someone up".
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Most of my workout tops I get at places like TJ Max or Ross and clearance racks at sporting stores. I am baffled how people can wear regular cotton shirts at the gym. Heck I used to and then bought a shirt that moisture wicks and I will never go back. Noy a big fan of tank tops in the gym. I reserve those of hikes so I can layer them.

As for what everyone else wears? I could care less. I'm there to workout.
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I agree, Nightterror21! I think the people wearing the revealing clothes are the ones trying to pick someone up. :-) Not me - I'm doing my thing, sweating, & trying to hide the fat that I do have. lol
    ]

If you were really doing your own thing, sweating, & trying to hide the fat that you have you wouldn't have time to be so judgemental ;)

Sometimes at the gym you cant help but look. IF you go to the gym you can not say you have never seen it. Girls/guys in clothes several sizes too small or wearing spandex that shows it all.

When I am working out at the gym on treadmill I am not happy to see the person in from on my with spandex and being able to see their entire crack or spandex so tight I can basically read the brand name of the panties.

IMO it is not ok to be working out sporting the camel toe in the gym.

I see it all the time. But it doesn't necessarily mean because they are wearing something others deem inappropriate that they are there to "pick someone up".

The ones trying to pick up are the ones who just walk around the gym but never actually work out.
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    ON PINTREST THEY HAVE TURN OLD TSHIRTS INTO WORKOUT TOPS! NO SEW! I DID IT AND THEY ARE AWESOME AND CUTE
  • CMay16
    CMay16 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I don't know where you're from, but I love the workout t-shirts from Superstore, the Joe line. They're so comfy, breathe good, and don't move around a bunch. Exactly what I need :)
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Wear what you like to wear :) There are definitely TShirt options all over the price spectrum. I see them at Target and lululemon (which has some nice light weight non clingy ones)

However, I don't wear tshirts b/c I hate hate HATE my shoulders being covered while I'm sweating...maybe it's OCD or something.

As I've gotten smaller I've gotten brave enough to wear shorts and work out skorts to the gym.

As it gets hotter yet again in Phoenix for my second and a half summer of working out and HIKING in the hot weather I am tempted to finally hike in just a sports bra. It feels SOOOO much better with nothing touching you. Half the guys go shirtless why can't I?????

Anyways, I don't hike in direct sun (trying to hedge off those comments) it's too frekin hot not to go right before dawn or right before dusk. Yes I hike ALL summer. In Phoenix.

Bottom line, wear what lets you focus on getting a great work out! To each their own. For me tshirts drive my shoulders insane. Period. And my underarms. Ugh. The thought is killing my ocd now :)
  • amyrrector
    Options
    I found cute mesh sweatshirts at JCPenney that I love to wear over the cute shirts!
  • bakemma
    bakemma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Pinterest is always the answer. Tons of cute creative ideas! :)
  • sarahkalt88
    sarahkalt88 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have several of the cutest workout pants but when it comes to a workout top - T-SHIRT please. I'm at the gym to get rid of my belly and muffin top - NO WAY will I wear the cute workout tops that shows the rolls, fat arms, etc. Anyone else have this problem? :-(

At time I wish people would wear t-shirts more. Sometimes people at the gym wear clothes that are too revealing.

Those people make me nuts! If your intentions when going to the gym was to look cute and pick up, go to a bar! No makeup and messy hair is my gym staple, and I always cover up! Exercise clothing leaves so little to imagination already, why do you need to expose bare skin!
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I just bought the cutest lime green shirt with the arms and a little of the back being mesh. It's cute, it keeps me dry, and it doesn't cling. Same with a tank I just bought. I have fat arms, but everyone there could be staring at them while they jiggle and I honestly would not notice. I do like just a good ol' tee every now and then, though :) To each their own!
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I found cute mesh sweatshirts at JCPenney that I love to wear over the cute shirts!

Hey me too! They have ones that are just mesh on the arms and a little on the back too, long sleeved. Not revealing at all but really cute :)
  • bluflu2003
    Options
    I have several of the cutest workout pants but when it comes to a workout top - T-SHIRT please. I'm at the gym to get rid of my belly and muffin top - NO WAY will I wear the cute workout tops that shows the rolls, fat arms, etc. Anyone else have this problem? :-(

At time I wish people would wear t-shirts more. Sometimes people at the gym wear clothes that are too revealing.

Those people make me nuts! If your intentions when going to the gym was to look cute and pick up, go to a bar! No makeup and messy hair is my gym staple, and I always cover up! Exercise clothing leaves so little to imagination already, why do you need to expose bare skin!

I’m one of ‘those people’. I am not there to pick-up someone, I’m there to run. I wear old tank tops (some tight, some loose – just depends on what’s clean) and shorts. I’m pretty sure I wear the least amount of clothing at my gym. I really don’t care. I’m a HEAVY sweater and am always dripping when I’m done with my run (my clothes are always completely drenched). The two fans above the row of treadmills are not much help. I don’t wear skimpy clothes to LOOK hot; I wear it because I AM hot, LITERALLY. Do people stare? Yes, I get stares from both men and women. If people want to judge, go right ahead, but I’m not going put more clothing on (and sweat even MORE) just to make those people feel comfortable. If it bothers you, then DON’T LOOK at that person (it’s quite easy; just shift your eyes away). There are plenty of other people to look at that won’t be offensive to you. They’re there for their own reason and they’re entitled to it (whether it be to work out or ‘pick-up someone’).
  • LisaInUP
    LisaInUP Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have some JCP St.Johns Bay shirts. They are not skin tight and also not too loose for weight training days.
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options

I’m one of ‘those people’. I am not there to pick-up someone, I’m there to run. I wear old tank tops (some tight, some loose – just depends on what’s clean) and shorts. I’m pretty sure I wear the least amount of clothing at my gym. I really don’t care. I’m a HEAVY sweater and am always dripping when I’m done with my run (my clothes are always completely drenched). The two fans above the row of treadmills are not much help. I don’t wear skimpy clothes to LOOK hot; I wear it because I AM hot, LITERALLY. Do people stare? Yes, I get stares from both men and women. If people want to judge, go right ahead, but I’m not going put more clothing on (and sweat even MORE) just to make those people feel comfortable. If it bothers you, then DON’T LOOK at that person (it’s quite easy; just shift your eyes away). There are plenty of other people to look at that won’t be offensive to you. They’re there for their own reason and they’re entitled to it (whether it be to work out or ‘pick-up someone’).

Ditto.
  • sollyn
    sollyn Posts: 179
    Options
    That is very funny!