What can I eat A LOT of?

Options

Replies

• SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    If you can find a way to balance it with other foods such that you hit yoru calorie/macro goals for the day, you can eat whatever you want.

If you can't control yourself, then ice chips are about your only good option.

^^^^^THIS IS EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW

You can eat pretty much whatever you want that is NOT PROCESSED, but it all depends on how much you are willing to workout. You earn calories thru your burn. Burn to earn. I am putting that on a TShirt, so don't steal it! LOL

Why, what's wrong with processed foods?

A few things are wrong with processed foods:

GMO. 90% of all processed foods are made with GMO. If you don't know what that is, research it. Let's just say it is food made by the world's number one maker of poison.

If it is processed, then usually a great deal of sodium is used to help preserve it and give it shelf life. No bueno.

FAT. Lots of fat in most processed foods. If it is fat free, then check the sugar and sodium content.

Empty calories. Processed foods have no nutritional content. Added "Vitamins and minerals" can rarely be absorbed into the body in any way sufficient enough to provide nutrition. And it usually just makes you more hungry. Pringles - you can't have just one!

Ah, so you're one of *those* people...

I recently saw an article that said how much money companies like Frito Lay put into making their products as addicting as possible. Additionally, it is proven that the more a food is processed, the more it raises your risk of cancer. So if by "one of 'those' people" you mean informed, then yes I suppose she is one of those people! As am I!

Here we go again with the labeling of you are one of those ppl and so forth....nutritionally.. pre packaged preserved, shelf life foods are not as healthy as fresh,ready to eat foods like fruits and veggies. Just like home made food (because you control what you add) are not as high in sodium and other things that restaurants/manufacturers put in their stuff. When you eat and cook from items usually located on the outside isle of most grocery stores you will live a much healthier lifestyle than someone who buys most if not all of their groceries in the isles or eats out most of the time. I have done the research, it all boils down to what your goals are. You dont have to get rid of the crap but your body deserves atleast the chance to go 1 month without the crap and see for yourself if there is a difference. We are all made differently you can have more sodium than I can probably so frito lay has a dedicated customer lol I however am a dedicated customer to dole :D and not their canned stuff

If people could get healthy eating junk I would be one of the healthiest people on the planet. I don't eat completely clean, but I will support anyone who does, because it works. Of course you have to have some exercise as well and you still have to count calories. But, eat a bag of 300 calorie chips vs a high fiber cereal and you will immediately get that the cereal will be much more satisfying and you won't be over eating on that, because it's almost impossible.

I think he is "one of those people", and just wants a good laugh to get people going.

Yah, beware the anti-nutrition, muscle-bound trolls. :wink: (Ever notice that the vast majority of them are heavy-lifting males?) Of course they can eat anything they want (and they probably eat much more nourishing food than they will admit) and junk food too. When you burn 4,000 to 5,000 calories a day, you have no worries about restricting any kind of food. Not so with the rest of us non-Olympus mortals. (Frankly, I think they get a kick out of tormenting women who must be as careful about WHAT they eat as well as how much). We could go on a diet where we eat 1,300 calories exclusively in Pop Tarts and maybe lose a bit of weight (and I say "maybe" advisedly) but at the end we would be flabby and sick and what good is that? It just sets one up for regain anyway. The best thing to do is ignore the anti-nutrition types and concentrate on eating very well. When you are restricting calories, you need to make every one count. Your body will thank you for it and perform better for the long haul. :smile:
  • NWSAVE
    NWSAVE Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Popcorn- no butter, sprinkle Mrs. Dash on top- it's very tastey. I also like to eat a ton of watermelon, large and in charge salads, heaps of salsa on everything, pea pods, popsicles, and frozen pickle juice. Good luck!
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I love broccoli and zuchini - and you have quite a bit for low calories. Raw or nuke it for a couple minutes. yummy!!!
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    when in doubt, vergetables! lots of salad (keep it as dry as possible, or dip your fork in dressing before taking a bite to avoid overloading on the extra fat and calories) or even just some broccoli and cauliflower pieces. :) i love raw veggies.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

Try stepping down the sweetener 1 teaspoon at a time. You can get used to less and less. I used to make 1 gallon of iced tea with 1/4 cup sugar ... now I can't stand sweetened iced tea.

[/quote]

1/4 cup??? I used to make a gallon of sweet tea with 2 and 1/2 cups sugar! Of course I am in the south, LOL. Now I don't drink sweet tea or any sodas at all.
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Yep--you can totally get used to unsweetened beverages. I used to put two teaspoons of sugar in my coffee and now I drink it with just a bit of cream (I'm a lower carb eater). The other day, I ordered a coffee at a drive-thru and they got my order mixed up with that of someone else. When I tasted it, I immediately wanted to spit it out! It was loaded with sugar! Geckk! :tongue:
  • erinlibke
    erinlibke Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Cheecha puffs!!!! They are a puffed wheat and potato snack (way better than rice cakes) and 2 cups is only 90 calories! Ketchup, Dill Pickle, Smokey Bacon, BBQ, Salt and Pepper, Salt and Vinegar, Sweet Cinnamon, Sea Salt and Lime. They are all delicious!!! And if you end up eating the entire family size bad it will still only set you back 300 calories. mmmmm

I don't know if you can get them in the US yet as they are a Canadian snack but Walmart, Safeway and BulkBarn carries a few flavours.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Have a huge salad :)
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    I love Special K Cracker Chips. You can eat alot of them and its not many calories. Its hard not to eat the whole box though!

Maybe fruit? I like strawberries with some fat free cool whip. Or frozen banana slices with peanut butter in the middle.
  • Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    strawberries...bag o salad....cherry tomatoes....edamame (not a WHOLE lot of these w/o too many cals)
  • monna32
    monna32 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Dust ;)
  • victoria090
    victoria090 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    cucumbers & peppers. I swear by them :)
  • titanbonnie
    Options
    I do the same thing
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Vegetables. I made some garlic green beans with lemon for lunch using only 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil, and they're so good and so filling that I feel like I'm cheating.

I agree on the green beans! String beans are filling and very few calories, I make a pot ful and enjoy them for several days

I discovered raw green beans taste wonderful while cleaning/trimming some fresh beans to steam. Very tasty. Low calorie and they are coming into season so they are cheap right now.
  • IronBarbie
    IronBarbie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    WHISKEY, a great snack.

I agree :drinker:
  • Colli78
    Colli78 Posts: 135
    Options
    Bump :)
  • auntballerina14
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/iwillbetinytea/view/50-best-snacks-under-50-calories-515424

This is a post on Iwillbetinytea's blog. Hope that helps. All those are under 50 calories.

Also, I LOVE Quaker Popped snacks. they are snack sized bags for 80-90 calories. They have Savory and sweet kinds.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Ice. 0 calories. You can even flavor them. Sometimes your body just wants to chew something.
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Why are you guys hating on ice chips?! Seriously! I love me some good crushed ice! (no joke, some friends bought me a giant bag if crushed ice for my birthday in high school).

But I do also love frozen grapes. I personally prefer the green variety, but I like the sourness.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Why are you guys hating on ice chips?! Seriously! I love me some good crushed ice! (no joke, some friends bought me a giant bag if crushed ice for my birthday in high school).

But I do also love frozen grapes. I personally prefer the green variety, but I like the sourness.

No hate was just strange to see ice as a snack. When I think of snack I think of something nutritionally satisfying that is consumed with the added benefit of nutrients. But I would not shun ice chips if the right texture to go with my snack esp on these hot florida days like today. But if I had to choose between ice chips and frozen grapes....grapes.
  • mommy_hood
    mommy_hood Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack is a serving of dry KIX cereal. I eat them one at a time they are lightly sweet and by the time I get done with the one serving I no longet want to snack anymore.... not insanely healthy but not super unhealthy either.... it works for me :)