small weight difference,big physical transformation,pics plz

Options

Replies

• StacieHof
    StacieHof Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    1jrhn8.jpg

This isn't a "big physical transformation", but I think it's funny that I weighed the exact same in the before and after picture. This is exactly why I hardly ever step on the scale, if at all. Measuring inches lost is more accurate, at least for me.

Great job!!!! It looks like a big difference to me; you look like an athlete now!
  • maltipink
    maltipink Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread. As women, we get so focused on the number on the scale...myself included. It was not until I started adding strength training did I start to see the biggest difference in body recomposition. The picture on the the left, I am 169 lbs. In the picture on the right, I am about 160 lbs. Not much of a difference in scale weight, but a noticeable difference in how parts of my body look. Also, I am about 5'10"
    265c7a56-23fb-4811-8df3-7157f85c8396_zpseb251cd1.jpg

sorry..looks like the picture on the right got cut off. Gives a general idea anyway :)
  • adradecki
    adradecki Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    StacieHof - you look INCREDIBLE girl!!!! Dang! Nice work!!!!

I just completed my first round of Insanity and posted this picture already (so I feel like I'm spamming haha)..I only lost 9 lbs...but 16 inches! I still have a ways to go though...I am 5'2.

25p0r9d.jpg
  • sarahkalt88
    sarahkalt88 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi! I don't have the pics to show, but since I started working out with my trainer mid-November I've only lost 10lbs officially (I've replaced at least 1lb of fat with muscle per month, 3 lbs in the first two weeks!) however I have lost 25 inches over my body! The biggest change was thru my back. I went from 40 inches around my ribs to 32 inches, and I've lost another 6 inches off my waist. Hips, butt and thighs are slow to follow my upper body, but its coming along!! I can't believe how square my once curvy body had gotten with my weight gain until I saw how shapely my hips can be once again!
  • jenf330
    jenf330 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Ugh, this is a little embarrassing, but here goes:
    2hdnqdv.jpg

I was getting really frustrated with the scale when I decided to take pictures to compare. I'm so glad I did! Big difference, even if the pounds aren't dropping off.

Edit: Whoa...tried to resize.
    Edit 2: Even though these are the same yoga pants, I've dropped a size in my jeans and slacks.
  • michellelemorgan
    michellelemorgan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Only 13 lbs total.
    Just finished my first 12 weeks of Body-for-LIFE and wanted to share my results, but first a very short bio; I am a 33 year old stay at home mom of 5 kids and I did all of my workouts at home. I'll keep it to the point, below are my starting and end of the 12 week stats. After are my before and after pictures (hope they turn out I have never posted pictures before). I will begin my second 12 weeks soon and am already excited to see the results!

Starting Stats;
    Weight: 132 lbs
    Waist (smallest point): 29 inches
    Hips (widest point): 39 inches
    Thigh: 23 inches
    Body Fat: 29-31%

End of 12 Weeks;
    Weight: 119 lbs
    Waist (smallest point): 24.5 inches
    Hips (widest point): 34.5 inches
    Thigh: 20 inches
    Body Fat: 19-20%

Dec2012-Feb2013169_zpsa6f469a6.jpg

Dec2012-Feb2013171_zpsc02b9f73.jpg

Bodyforlife003_zps3e13120a.jpg

Bodyforlife008_zps443431bb.jpg

a8e8a199-1520-4004-9709-5c3212e128c3_zps4dfaf276.jpg

0d26c5ab-ce43-4f50-a430-845809cdfd90_zps004e05f3.jpg

Wow. Uh, yeah. There ya go. That oughtta do it.

Mercy, that's incredible. You go girl!

I've lost 14 and can tell a big difference, but don't have great pics, and it's not this dramatic. We'll just pretend this is me. LOL

Holy Cannoli!!! What magic do you know? ;) good work!
  • StacieHof
    StacieHof Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    StacieHof - you look INCREDIBLE girl!!!! Dang! Nice work!!!!

I just completed my first round of Insanity and posted this picture already (so I feel like I'm spamming haha)..I only lost 9 lbs...but 16 inches! I still have a ways to go though...I am 5'2.

25p0r9d.jpg

Thank you! You have an AMAZING loss!!! I am impressed and it is the inches that count not the pounds that reshape your body! I don't think your spamming people need to have inspiration and know there is hope and you are on topic.
  • RxRachel87
    Options
    This isn't an enormous difference, but it shows what 1 month of hard work can do. This is after 1 month of Jillian Michael's Body Revolution. Only 1 to 2 pounds difference between the two pictures (before on left, after on right). I still have a lot to lose, so it is disheartening to not see the scale move a whole lot, but I lost 7.25 inches in the first month of doing JMBR, so that is motivating in its own right!

comparisonbeforeand1backresize_zps50a66ec4.jpg
  • momtobe06
    momtobe06 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    this is me for sure... check out my blog http://strongisthenewskinny12.blogspot.com/ and go to the tab in the side section and click on " progress".. I have tons of pics.
  • MistressAella
    MistressAella Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I don't personally have a "picture reply" to this thread yet, but I came across this yesterday and it's so Dayum good I have to share:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

Scroll down to where she does a bulk. She's actually 11 pounds HEAVIER in her after picture.... *jaw drop*
  • momtobe06
    momtobe06 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
  • sadyel
    sadyel Posts: 250
    Options
    thanks for the links big help! :)
  • sadyel
    sadyel Posts: 250
    Options
    This isn't an enormous difference, but it shows what 1 month of hard work can do. This is after 1 month of Jillian Michael's Body Revolution. Only 1 to 2 pounds difference between the two pictures (before on left, after on right). I still have a lot to lose, so it is disheartening to not see the scale move a whole lot, but I lost 7.25 inches in the first month of doing JMBR, so that is motivating in its own right!

comparisonbeforeand1backresize_zps50a66ec4.jpg

That is a MASSIVE difference for only 1 or 2lbs! well done :)
  • kittyraj
    kittyraj Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    This is amazing. I was getting disheartened as there's 'no action' on the scales but my clothes fit well and I'm just smaller.

Just goes to show, the scales are deceiving. :-)
  • corduroyveins
    corduroyveins Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how to add pics in here, but I've been taking monthly pictures of my progress...I've only lost around 5-10 lbs at most, but I definitley think I look SO different. Here's a link to one of my blog posts w/ pics: http://corduroyveins.blogspot.com/2013/04/monthly-progress_14.html
  • kalyse
    kalyse Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    my profile pic is a 4-5 lb difference - i think it a pretty big physical difference
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    my profile pic is a 4-5 lb difference - i think it a pretty big physical difference

Yes a big difference, you look great. All of you guys do:)
  • amymcs
    amymcs Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amymcs
    amymcs Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump - stupid scale
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!