small weight difference,big physical transformation,pics plz

Options

Replies

• MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Only 13 lbs total.
    Just finished my first 12 weeks of Body-for-LIFE and wanted to share my results, but first a very short bio; I am a 33 year old stay at home mom of 5 kids and I did all of my workouts at home. I'll keep it to the point, below are my starting and end of the 12 week stats. After are my before and after pictures (hope they turn out I have never posted pictures before). I will begin my second 12 weeks soon and am already excited to see the results!

Starting Stats;
    Weight: 132 lbs
    Waist (smallest point): 29 inches
    Hips (widest point): 39 inches
    Thigh: 23 inches
    Body Fat: 29-31%

End of 12 Weeks;
    Weight: 119 lbs
    Waist (smallest point): 24.5 inches
    Hips (widest point): 34.5 inches
    Thigh: 20 inches
    Body Fat: 19-20%

Dec2012-Feb2013169_zpsa6f469a6.jpg

Dec2012-Feb2013171_zpsc02b9f73.jpg

Bodyforlife003_zps3e13120a.jpg

Bodyforlife008_zps443431bb.jpg

a8e8a199-1520-4004-9709-5c3212e128c3_zps4dfaf276.jpg

0d26c5ab-ce43-4f50-a430-845809cdfd90_zps004e05f3.jpg
    A~MA~ZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look awesome!!!!
  • ElsB1
    ElsB1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is all very motivating!!! Thanks guy, for sharing your pics!
  • thegreatestlove
    thegreatestlove Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    These posts are just what I needed to see. I have not lost much, but I can tell in my appearance. I was so concerned about the scale that I only focused on how much I weighed rather than inches lost. These posts have really motivated me to keep it up!!

Thanks again MFP!
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Only 13 lbs total.
    Just finished my first 12 weeks of Body-for-LIFE and wanted to share my results, but first a very short bio; I am a 33 year old stay at home mom of 5 kids and I did all of my workouts at home. I'll keep it to the point, below are my starting and end of the 12 week stats.

*speechless*
  • Guisma
    Guisma Posts: 215
    Options
    This is a great thread. As women, we get so focused on the number on the scale...myself included. It was not until I started adding strength training did I start to see the biggest difference in body recomposition. The picture on the the left, I am 169 lbs. In the picture on the right, I am about 160 lbs. Not much of a difference in scale weight, but a noticeable difference in how parts of my body look. Also, I am about 5'10"
    265c7a56-23fb-4811-8df3-7157f85c8396_zpseb251cd1.jpg

sorry..looks like the picture on the right got cut off. Gives a general idea anyway :)

Did u do a specific exercise to loose inches of your hips?
  • maltipink
    maltipink Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread. As women, we get so focused on the number on the scale...myself included. It was not until I started adding strength training did I start to see the biggest difference in body recomposition. The picture on the the left, I am 169 lbs. In the picture on the right, I am about 160 lbs. Not much of a difference in scale weight, but a noticeable difference in how parts of my body look. Also, I am about 5'10"
    265c7a56-23fb-4811-8df3-7157f85c8396_zpseb251cd1.jpg

sorry..looks like the picture on the right got cut off. Gives a general idea anyway :)

Did u do a specific exercise to loose inches of your hips?

No, I just started eating better and adding more strength training and removing excessive cardio :)
  • Guisma
    Guisma Posts: 215
    Options
    i asked cos my hips are holding on lol but great result ! gradulations !
  • bhbarros
    bhbarros Posts: 101
    Options
    16anmmg.jpg

This was from last summer. It was a difference of only 5 pounds, but I lost over 2 inches from each thigh, almost 3 inches from my hips, and 3+ inches from my stomach. My body was also a lot harder than it had been at the beginning.

Then again, I am 5'2", so any little change is noticeable, good or (unfortunately) bad!
    Gosh, I need to get back to that!
  • posypink
    posypink Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I am homing in on 2 1/2 stone (about half way to target now...) and thought I would take some photos as I don't see it in the mirror, and in my head I am still 12st 9, when I know the scales say differently - does anyone else find that?

Anyway, I took some photos in Jan when I was 1 1/2 stone down from my original weight, and then some again on Wednesday - now almost 2 1/2 stone from my original weight - I wish I had some from the beginning, but never mind! I'll start from January's photos and work from that.

I also did one of me breathing in, as for the first time ever in my life I can see an outline of, now I think they are called ribs?! Hee hee, feeling much happier with myself and confident since starting this weight loss journey and I couldn't do it without the support on here!

ComparisonJan-Apr2013_zpsf4811425.jpg

We can do it! xxxx
  • rosasharon
    rosasharon Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    bump for my topics :)
  • Mtleiker
    Mtleiker Posts: 160
    Options
    Bump.
  • posypink
    posypink Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • maltipink
    maltipink Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    i asked cos my hips are holding on lol but great result ! gradulations !

Thank you! I completely understand though. It makes finding pants that fit an absolute nightmare! I just wanted a pair of jeans to actually fit!
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump bump!
  • sadyel
    sadyel Posts: 250
    Options
    16anmmg.jpg

This was from last summer. It was a difference of only 5 pounds, but I lost over 2 inches from each thigh, almost 3 inches from my hips, and 3+ inches from my stomach. My body was also a lot harder than it had been at the beginning.

Then again, I am 5'2", so any little change is noticeable, good or (unfortunately) bad!
    Gosh, I need to get back to that!

Wow love this! Cant believe the difference is only 5lb massive difference well done
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    8+months+back.png

8+months+front.png

About 4 pounds difference. NROL4W start and finish.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    This is about 6 pounds.
    LEft - 147 about
    right 141 about

Profile pic!
  • tmitchellh
    tmitchellh Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone who posted pictures! I was looking for examples of transformations without big weight loss and this was really encouraging. I have been working out pretty regularly for two years and have trouble losing actual lbs. I don't even see that I've lost a lot of inches. BUT, if you look at pictures of me from a couple of years ago you can see a difference, its weird.

Just seeing how good you all look makes me want to keep it up and make sure I keep measuring and take some pictures maybe....
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975603-small-weight-change-but-there-is-a-difference-progress-pic

still 40 more pounds to go but here is my progress so far not as good as you guys but def a difference
  • WannaBLoser2013
    Options
    Can I see some photos before and after of noticeable physical change but not so much on the scales, this is for me and other people who get discouraged by the weight on the scales not going down as much as they would like. :smile:

I don't know how to post pictures here, but you can see my profile picture. I think you can see some physical differences and I had only lost 16 pounds since the first pictures. I have 3 pictures there side by side. Most of my weight loss is through physical activity so it is a lot of FAT gone instead of water and muscle loss like those who are not so much physically active.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!