Evil Aspartame

Options
Sugar-free = good for weight Ioss

When the sugar is taken out, artificial (chemical) sweeteners are put in.

Not only are these harmful to your health, but studies have shown that they make you crave carbohydrates and actually make you eat MORE--which increases the number on your scale!

Here is just a partial list of the health effects of Aspartame (aka Equal or NutraSweet):

Eyes:
-Blindness in one or both eyes
-Decreased vision and/or other eye problems such as blurring, flashes, tunnel vision
-Eye pain; Dry eyes/decreased tears

Nerves:
-Seizures
-Headaches/migraines
-Dizziness
-Confusion/memory loss
-Severe drowsiness and sleepiness
-Numbness of the arms and legs
-Slurring of speech
-Tremors/trembling

Psychological/Psychiatric:
-Severe depression
-Irritability/agitation
-Anxiety/phobias (fears)
-Personality changes

Chest:
-Heart palpitations/rapid heart beat
-Shortness of breath
-High blood pressure

Digestive:
-Nausea
-Diarrhea, sometimes with blood in stools
-Stomach pain/pain while swallowing

Skin and Allergies:
-Itching without a rash; Hives

Endocrine and Metabolic:
-Loss of control of diabetes
-Thinning or loss of hair
-Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
-Severe PMS symptoms

The most severe effects of aspartame poisoning are:
-Death
-Irreversible brain damage
-Birth defects, including mental retardation
-Ulcers
-Aspartame addiction and increased craving for sweets
-Hyperactivity in children
-Severe depression
-Aggressive behavior
-Suicidal tendencies
-Cancer

Replies

• etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    :indifferent:
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Yikes!!
  • Richard269
    Options
    Have seen loads of reports that its safe to use !
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    sigh. Fear mongering at its best
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    <---Ph. D in toxicology....drinking aspartame RIGHT NOW as I post.
  • islandlifenc
    islandlifenc Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    And it's even more insidious once people start learning about how the artificial foods industry actively worked to ban Stevia as a natural alternative sweetener so as to prop up their own toxic wares.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/11/17/one-more-reason-to-ban-artificial-sweeteners-from-your-diet.aspx

Sort of like how the corn, soy and rapeseed (canola) industry have actively worked to demonize healthy saturated fats like butter and coconut oil and pushed people into using heart-disease promoting vegetable oils.

People should go to YouTube and look for The Oiling of America to learn more about that!
  • Flash4wrd
    Flash4wrd Posts: 35
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. i dont think people realize. Thats why i avoid it at all costs and wont let my children have it or any other artificial sweetener. I try to avoid as many dyes and preservatives as possible as well as bpa in canned foods (still eat canned foods just not as much). Some might think i am crazy but i believe our health is directly related to what we consume and for most of us its not that good.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I have no doubt that it's safe, but my own anecdotal, personal evidence is that I started to lose weight and fat at a much, much higher rate when I made a conscious effort to avoid sugars and artificial sweeteners.

I'd suggest trying it for a week or two to see if it works for you before dismissing such reports out of hand.
  • FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    this thread brings me lulz. thanks OP!

also...

100% of people who have used oxygen have DIED.
    the EXACT SAME statistic holds true for people who have ingested WATER.

dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

iStock_000009524422XSmall.jpg
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options

Produced by "indepent researchers" who are funded by the companies who sell products containing aspartame?

I can actually confirm the migraine one. My sister and I both get migraines within minutes-hours of having had aspartame.
    Slurred speech is a symptom of my migraines. Don't really know about the other health concerns.
  • Rose_bee
    Rose_bee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    No valid scientific source for your fear-mongering, I see.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    this thread brings me lulz. thanks OP!

also...

100% of people who have used oxygen have DIED.
    the EXACT SAME statistic holds true for people who have ingested WATER.

dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

iStock_000009524422XSmall.jpg

because natural occurring substances and factory-made ones are in some way comparable.

Nice try, troll.
  • islandlifenc
    islandlifenc Posts: 107 Member
    Options

Not impressive when you have known MDs who smoked or drank like fish.

How how about all of those PhD scientists who've taken loads of money to prop up the likes of Monsanto? (No need to answer that. Rhetorical question.)

Their advanced degrees have only served to prop up their own greed, while helping with the infestation of the food supply with frankenseeds.
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    This goes both ways, I do not recommend them, but if the alternative is drinking regular soda/sugar and you can't go abstinent then it is a choice for you to make.

However as a critical thinker it should be noticed that

A. crave carbohydrates and actually make you eat MORE (this has been proven false)
    B. The FDA has proven a lot of those to be BS http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp
    C. Third the amount of aspartame you have to consume to be "poisoned" (while varies) is usually a very substantial amount, and in many cases these go away when you stop using it.
    D. Finally it is listed as a carcinogen, which mean it may cause cancer, however read this: Many studies have looked for health effects in lab animals fed aspartame, often in doses higher than 4,000 mg/kg per day over their lifetimes. These studies have not found any health problems that are consistently linked with aspartame.

Two studies published by a group of Italian researchers suggested that very high doses of aspartame might increase the risk of some blood-related cancers (leukemias and lymphomas) in rats. However, both the FDA and the EFSA have called these results into question, citing a lack of some important data in the published studies and other concerns.
    http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancercauses/othercarcinogens/athome/aspartame That being said, also does breathing air in a city, eating charcoal cooked food,

So while it is not the healthiest thing to do, let's not go to overboard.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Effects of broccoli:

High cholesterol.
    Brain damage.
    Heart disease.
    Diabetes.
    Obesity.
    Headaches.
    Nausea.

Wait, you want scientific proof? Bah. Just trust me.
  • bumchicken
    Options
    Yeah it would be nice to have some sources for your info - and I mean peer-reviewed scientific studies rather than one person saying 'well I get migraines after ingesting aspartame so it must be bad for you.' I know someone who gets migraines if she eats smoked ham but it doesn't mean the smoked ham is poisoning her.

I think if it was so dangerous it wouldn't be so ubiquitously used in food.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,556 Member
    Options
    You'd figure that after 25 years of consuming it (that's like half my life), that I SHOULD be suffering from above symptoms. Uh, nope.

Thanks for trying to scare everyone though.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options

Not impressive when you have known MDs who smoked or drank like fish.

How how about all of those PhD scientists who've taken loads of money to prop up the likes of Monsanto? (No need to answer that. Rhetorical question.)

Their advanced degrees have only served to prop up their own greed, while helping with the infestation of the food supply with frankenseeds.

cool, can I get a tinfoil hat too?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Yes --- I agree
  • DirtyTrickster
    DirtyTrickster Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    is delicious. Extra please