Evil Aspartame

Options

Replies

• joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    OP where are your cites for the studies and scientific data that proves your claims?

Or are you another one of those people that just posts ignorance?
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I can't consume it. I can say personally, that it gave me migraines, muscle tremors, and ulcers.
    6 months of not consuming any of it and all those symptoms are gone.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    meh.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Fear it like it's the devil: it's evil will consume you and everything in it's path.
  • sweetzoejane
    sweetzoejane Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    [citations needed]
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Something's gotta kill ya. I'll take it over diabetes and heart disease, thanks.
  • anaquay
    anaquay Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I was put in hospital due to a reaction to Aspartame but, then again, some people can die from nuts. Everything my mate drinks has aspartame in it and she's perfectly fine. We're all different and so different things affect us in different ways I suppose :smile:
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Too much diet soda will definitely give me a headache. I can only have one every once in a while. My husband accidentally bought diet soda (which he hates) to take for his lunches a few months ago, so I was drinking about one per day just to use them up. That was too much for me.
  • deejayhonza
    Options
    Wow!
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options

For the record, anything written on mercola.com or naturalnews.com or whale.to or any of a hundred affiliated offshoots built to sell overpriced "alternatives" to overpriced Big Pharma and Big Aspartame should be treated as highly suspect information. Kevin Trudeau, Jenny McCarthy, Andrew Wakefield, Mike Adams... boatloads of self-serving crazy.
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Produced by "indepent researchers" who are funded by the companies who sell products containing aspartame?

Keep this in mind when buying stevia from a banner ad on mercola.com...
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Aspartame is totally safe. There are ZERO credible studies done that show any ill effects to the general population. Of course the typical reply to that is that "Everyone in the freaking world has been paid off by Monsanto!!" Lol.

Let's look at some FACTS and try to make this as simple as possible.

Aspartame metabolizes, (breaks down in the body), COMPLETELY into three metabolites. Those metabolites are phenylalanine, aspartic acid, and methanol. The first two are naturally occurring amino acids found in much higher concentrations in regular foods such as soy, eggs, , dairy. foul, fish, seeds, etc. Methanol, while sounding scary is found in things like tomatoes, black currants, and strawberries. So... if you still wish to be afraid of Aspartame you should probably avoid all the foods listed above as well as hundreds of others I haven't listed.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Now I need a Diet Pepsi.....
  • fiveferrels
    fiveferrels Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    love me some aspartame, yummy coke zero as we speak
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,610 Member
    Options
    Maybe Kim Jong Un is overdosing on diet soda right now?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that to get aspartame poisoning you would have to consume LARGE amounts. There are people who are sensitive to it, just like any other food. If you are consuming enough aspartame to get poisoning, you have bigger issues....
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Aspartame is totally safe. There are ZERO credible studies done that show any ill effects to the general population. Of course the typical reply to that is that "Everyone in the freaking world has been paid off by Monsanto!!" Lol.

Let's look at some FACTS and try to make this as simple as possible.

Aspartame metabolizes, (breaks down in the body), COMPLETELY into three metabolites. Those metabolites are phenylalanine, aspartic acid, and methanol. The first two are naturally occurring amino acids found in much higher concentrations in regular foods such as soy, eggs, , dairy. foul, fish, seeds, etc. Methanol, while sounding scary is found in things like tomatoes, black currants, and strawberries. So... if you still wish to be afraid of Aspartame you should probably avoid all the foods listed above as well as hundreds of others I haven't listed.

Thank you thank you thank you. I'm so glad so many of us aren't drinking the (full of sugar) kool aid.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    this thread brings me lulz. thanks OP!

also...

100% of people who have used oxygen have DIED.
    the EXACT SAME statistic holds true for people who have ingested WATER.

dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

iStock_000009524422XSmall.jpg

because natural occurring substances and factory-made ones are in some way comparable.

Nice try, troll.

See metabolic differences of HFCS and sucrose, cyanocobalamin and methylcobalamin etc etc. pretty comparable, no?
  • fiveferrels
    fiveferrels Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Sugar-free = good for weight Ioss

When the sugar is taken out, artificial (chemical) sweeteners are put in.

Not only are these harmful to your health, but studies have shown that they make you crave carbohydrates and actually make you eat MORE--which increases the number on your scale!

Here is just a partial list of the health effects of Aspartame (aka Equal or NutraSweet):

Eyes:
    -Blindness in one or both eyes
    -Decreased vision and/or other eye problems such as blurring, flashes, tunnel vision
    -Eye pain; Dry eyes/decreased tears

Nerves:
    -Seizures
    -Headaches/migraines
    -Dizziness
    -Confusion/memory loss
    -Severe drowsiness and sleepiness
    -Numbness of the arms and legs
    -Slurring of speech
    -Tremors/trembling

Psychological/Psychiatric:
    -Severe depression
    -Irritability/agitation
    -Anxiety/phobias (fears)
    -Personality changes

Chest:
    -Heart palpitations/rapid heart beat
    -Shortness of breath
    -High blood pressure

Digestive:
    -Nausea
    -Diarrhea, sometimes with blood in stools
    -Stomach pain/pain while swallowing

Skin and Allergies:
    -Itching without a rash; Hives

Endocrine and Metabolic:
    -Loss of control of diabetes
    -Thinning or loss of hair
    -Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
    -Severe PMS symptoms

The most severe effects of aspartame poisoning are:
    -Death
    -Irreversible brain damage
    -Birth defects, including mental retardation
    -Ulcers
    -Aspartame addiction and increased craving for sweets
    -Hyperactivity in children
    -Severe depression
    -Aggressive behavior
    -Suicidal tendencies
    -Cancer

you have friends with these side affects?

whats the point here?
  • iowaiceman
    Options
    I have been drinking 8 - 10 diet pops a day for at least 30 years. I'm 58 now and to this day I do not need any meds for any problems.So it must be keeping me healthy.