Evil Aspartame

Replies

• PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Aspartame is a big part of my diet. I have none of the aforementioned problems. I feel great, 70 pounds lighter, see perfect, etc...... Until I see evidence, I do not believe.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    sigh. Fear mongering at its best

This.

Everything you read online isn't the truth. You can find studies to support any view but look at the real proof... so far there is yet to be proper proof or studies that say anything other than it being ok for consumption provided you aren't drinking 40 cans of diet pop a day.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    I drink Diet Coke and Coffee with sweet and low everyday.

NOTHING comes close to being a substitute for sweet N low.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Food and other additives don't MAKE you eat anything. It's you, your handing shoving cheetos in your face. Take some control over you life.
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member

because natural occurring substances and factory-made ones are in some way comparable.

Nice try, troll.

A twist on the naturalistic fallacy. Just because it's "natural" doesn't make it good for you, and just because it's processed or made in a lab doesn't make it bad for you.

Have a nice cup of healthy, organic, all-natural nightshade tea and try again later.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Oh, scary aspartame! What about Dihydrogen Monoxide:

- is called "hydroxyl acid", the substance is the major component of acid rain.
    - contributes to the "greenhouse effect".
    - may cause severe burns.
    - is fatal if inhaled.
    - contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
    - accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
    - may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
    - has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:

- as an industrial solvent and coolant.
    - in nuclear power plants.
    - in the production of Styrofoam.
    - as a fire retardant.
    - in many forms of cruel animal research.
    - in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
    - as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.
  • <---Ph. D in toxicology....drinking aspartame RIGHT NOW as I post.

Not impressive when you have known MDs who smoked or drank like fish.

How how about all of those PhD scientists who've taken loads of money to prop up the likes of Monsanto? (No need to answer that. Rhetorical question.)

Their advanced degrees have only served to prop up their own greed, while helping with the infestation of the food supply with frankenseeds.

no no no no no no - all wrong about monsanto. i work at a competitor company and this is incorrect
  • jdatillo
    jdatillo Posts: 19 Member
    Everything in moderation!
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member

- is fatal if inhaled.
    - may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.

- as a fire retardant.
    - in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.

HOLY CRAP! I can't believe what I just read. I'm going to everythign in my power to get this horrible substance out of my house. My family and my health is at stake here!
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    The entire post regarding dangers of aspartame would be true ONLY if the person has a chemical imbalance and a sensitivity to it!

Case in point: I have been using it since ohhh 1999 or before..my vitals and ALL blood tests are beautiful (even being over weight).
    My mother also a consumer since who the heck know - also NO problems.

My girls however (twins) have a chemical imbalance and are sensitive to many things which will effect their personality and health. List includes: tap water in OUR city only (so far), Milk (but especially FF kind) and artificial sugars (regardless of the name) we also believe they have a sensitivity to other artificial things but have not pin pointed it yet.,
    One has slight reactions while the other if consumes ANY amount of the artificial sugar will become IMMEDIATELY angry to the point where I nor anyone else can calm her. this is an INSTANT response to this sugar!

So while I have not a single issue (lose weight all the time using this), health near perfect for my age - my children can not due to the chemical imbalance not the product itself necessarily.
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Evil?
    Evil is a child molester, a rapist, a murderer.

Aspartame is just a sweetener.

Unless you have an allergy or sensitivity to it, get over it and pass me my diet Coke!
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    I have no sensitivity to either phenylalanine or L-aspartic acid, the two (read it TWO) and only TWO naturally occurring amino acids comprising aspartame. I have a hard time believing that these two amino acids, combined and ingested in very low quantities with no proof that they interact to suddenly form something deadly or dangerous, are causing me any harm.

Both of these compounds are found in much, much higher amounts in other food products and one is in fact produced by your body.

Lots of things break down into methanol in the body. Chemical reactions work like that.

I will continue ingesting aspartame in limited quantities.

Also, people who get up in arms about "genetically modified" plants, which was raised as well: Get over it! People have been "genetically modifying"(ie. crossbreeding) plants for as long as there has been farming. We're just getting more efficient at it. Who DOESN'T want plants that are immune to disease and pests? Why WOULDN'T you want that?? Imagine producing a crop so perfect that it doesn't need pesticides or herbicides. Wouldn't that be a dream? Why is anyone opposed to research toward that aim?
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    cool I'm going back to drink my straight sugared soda with corn syrup now if I get back up to 365lbs again I'm suing you because you told me on a forum it was more dangerous to drink aspartame, then get heart diease or diabetes from obesity, because I believe everything I read on a forum.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Man, with this thread and the red meat thread, I'm hankering for a Diet Coke and a ribeye.
  • c2hrist3a
    c2hrist3a Posts: 67 Member
    It's always something.

I've got a sensitivity to the stuff and I don't partake, but if anyone else does, it's their business.

If it's not smoking, it's drinking. If it's not drinking, it's estrogen. The list could go on and on.

Get a life.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member

- is fatal if inhaled.

- as a fire retardant.

HOLY CRAP! I can't believe what I just read. I'm going to everythign in my power to get this horrible substance out of my house. My family and my health is at stake here!

Wow! this is so scary! Now theres the real threat OP. You should make a post and tell everyone to avoid this insidious substance. I've heard Monsanto uses it in ALL of their farms and production plants.
  • Derpinaaa
    Derpinaaa Posts: 70 Member
    That's cool, now pass me over a diet Coke! :drinker:
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,858 Member
    I was just looking at this stuff online earlier because i get vertigo attacks and they have been hitting recently, and ive been drinking more diet soda and using sugar free coffee syrup insead of creamer, I am suspecting aspartame may be the cause of these attacks:angry:
  • mrswaite08
    mrswaite08 Posts: 93 Member
    Grew up on Diet Pepsi & Equal. My weight will take me out way before my Diet Pepsi does. It is what it is.

And the Diet Pepsi didn't make me balloon up, but my out of control eating habits sure did.
  • I lrally just read about this because I have a small pepsi max addiction. I read that its been extensivly tested and it isnt harmful in the dosages in food...or somthing like that.