Evil Aspartame

Options

Replies

• Phrakman
    Phrakman Posts: 113
    Options
    youll die of being fat before you die from aspartame.
  • OMGSugarOHNOS
    OMGSugarOHNOS Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    So where'd all the hippies go after all the facts were posted?
  • Studiousone75
    Studiousone75 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I drank a lot of Diet Pepsi with aspartame in it in the mid-1990s and ended up with:

crankiness and unrelenting depression
    chronic fatigue
    unwellness feeling in the body with no energy
    aching joints
    heart palpitations

I went to the doctor to check out the problem and one thing he did was to submit my blood samples for a battery of tests. One of the results showed a level of antinuclear antibodies of someone having full-blown lupus. Antinuclear antibodies are evidence of an autoimmune disease and they attack the person's own body.

http://arthritis.webmd.com/antinuclear-antibodies-ana

I did research on the Internet and found articles associating aspartame with the ANA situation. I quit Diet Pepsi and avoided all aspartame wherever I could. It took three years before I felt well and like I used to be. The ANA levels were tested a few times over several years, and it went down in half by the end of the first three years and decreased some more after that. I no longer have ANA tested after it went closer to normal.

Just because Monsanto says it is safe doesn't mean it's safe for everyone. Sunnyside1213 does have a valid point!
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Really glad you got better (seriously) but you can't link your problems to aspartame based on vague association. There's no scientific reason Aspartame would cause those kinds of problems.
  • Studiousone75
    Studiousone75 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just because scientists didn't find scientific evidence that aspartame would cause the problems listed doesn't mean that it would never cause such problems in a smaill minority of people.

I can feel the effects of aspartame in a single diet drink even now. What's so hard about acknowledging the possibility that some people like me can't tolerate aspartame? I think scientists could find the scientific evidence for me if I chose to undergo a study consuming it, but I really don't want to repeat the experience.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Hippies think chemicals are bad then they want a drug to make their allergies go away.
  • emcclore
    emcclore Posts: 38
    Options
    this feed wow!
  • ajball90
    ajball90 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    100% of people who have used oxygen have DIED.
    the EXACT SAME statistic holds true for people who have ingested WATER.

dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Haahah ^^^
  • pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Gives me a gippy tummy.
  • Supern0va81
    Supern0va81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Sugar-free = good for weight Ioss

When the sugar is taken out, artificial (chemical) sweeteners are put in.

Not only are these harmful to your health, but studies have shown that they make you crave carbohydrates and actually make you eat MORE--which increases the number on your scale!

Here is just a partial list of the health effects of Aspartame (aka Equal or NutraSweet):

Eyes:
    -Blindness in one or both eyes
    -Decreased vision and/or other eye problems such as blurring, flashes, tunnel vision
    -Eye pain; Dry eyes/decreased tears

Nerves:
    -Seizures
    -Headaches/migraines
    -Dizziness
    -Confusion/memory loss
    -Severe drowsiness and sleepiness
    -Numbness of the arms and legs
    -Slurring of speech
    -Tremors/trembling

Psychological/Psychiatric:
    -Severe depression
    -Irritability/agitation
    -Anxiety/phobias (fears)
    -Personality changes

Chest:
    -Heart palpitations/rapid heart beat
    -Shortness of breath
    -High blood pressure

Digestive:
    -Nausea
    -Diarrhea, sometimes with blood in stools
    -Stomach pain/pain while swallowing

Skin and Allergies:
    -Itching without a rash; Hives

Endocrine and Metabolic:
    -Loss of control of diabetes
    -Thinning or loss of hair
    -Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
    -Severe PMS symptoms

The most severe effects of aspartame poisoning are:
    -Death
    -Irreversible brain damage
    -Birth defects, including mental retardation
    -Ulcers
    -Aspartame addiction and increased craving for sweets
    -Hyperactivity in children
    -Severe depression
    -Aggressive behavior
    -Suicidal tendencies
    -Cancer

I am taking an unbiased perspective but to anyone reading this, referencing your information sources when you post this information would support your claims, unless you are talking from evidenced first hand experience.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    On the flip side.... The avoidance of aspartame has been scientifically linked with phobias.

Here's my source:

www.ireaditontheinterwebzsoitmustbetrue.com
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Oh, scary aspartame! What about Dihydrogen Monoxide:

- is called "hydroxyl acid", the substance is the major component of acid rain.
    - contributes to the "greenhouse effect".
    - may cause severe burns.
    - is fatal if inhaled.
    - contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
    - accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
    - may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
    - has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:

- as an industrial solvent and coolant.
    - in nuclear power plants.
    - in the production of Styrofoam.
    - as a fire retardant.
    - in many forms of cruel animal research.
    - in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
    - as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.

Bravo!
  • Supern0va81
    Options
    On the flip side.... The avoidance of aspartame has been scientifically linked with phobias.

Here's my source:

www.ireaditontheinterwebzsoitmustbetrue.com

:laugh:
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Gives me migraines when I drink it now. I used to drink so much Pepsi Max, a least a bottle a day!
  • Supern0va81
    Options
    Anyone drink sugary drinks day in day out and have no fillings? Y'no just sayin...
  • snowbike
    snowbike Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I drank a lot of Diet Pepsi with aspartame in it in the mid-1990s and ended up with:

crankiness and unrelenting depression
    chronic fatigue
    unwellness feeling in the body with no energy
    aching joints
    heart palpitations

I went to the doctor to check out the problem and one thing he did was to submit my blood samples for a battery of tests. One of the results showed a level of antinuclear antibodies of someone having full-blown lupus. Antinuclear antibodies are evidence of an autoimmune disease and they attack the person's own body.

http://arthritis.webmd.com/antinuclear-antibodies-ana

I did research on the Internet and found articles associating aspartame with the ANA situation. I quit Diet Pepsi and avoided all aspartame wherever I could. It took three years before I felt well and like I used to be. The ANA levels were tested a few times over several years, and it went down in half by the end of the first three years and decreased some more after that. I no longer have ANA tested after it went closer to normal.

Just because Monsanto says it is safe doesn't mean it's safe for everyone. Sunnyside1213 does have a valid point!

Did you not check out the effect of caffeine on lumpus?
    All those symptoms are well documented symptoms of caffeine addiction.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I drank a lot of Diet Pepsi with aspartame in it in the mid-1990s and ended up with
    You probably did a lot of other things so why are they not the cause?
    did research on the Internet and found articles associating aspartame with the ANA situation.
    As we all know everything on the internet is correct and no one ever has an axe to grind or any sort of bias.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,052 Member
    Options
    Aspaartame can cause mental retardation - even in moderate doses.......

......for people with the rare disease PKU.
    This is a simple fact, easily googled by anyone.

I agree some individuals may get migraines etc - just as some people get hives from tomatoes.

Those individuals should avoid it.

But this doenst mean everyone has to avoid it - - just like not everyone has to avoid tomatoes.

The rest of us can drink it in moderate sensibe amounts without any problems whatsoever.

I drink a few glasses of it a week and have no intention of stopping this.
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Just because scientists didn't find scientific evidence that aspartame would cause the problems listed doesn't mean that it would never cause such problems in a smaill minority of people.

I can feel the effects of aspartame in a single diet drink even now. What's so hard about acknowledging the possibility that some people like me can't tolerate aspartame? I think scientists could find the scientific evidence for me if I chose to undergo a study consuming it, but I really don't want to repeat the experience.

That's true, but at the same time no one is trying to say dairy products poison you based on the handful of people who can't tolerate it either...
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    :smile: We avoid it as much as possible but not cause I think it's some evil doer. It's just we avoid food additives and dyes becuase of issues my children have and generally foods that have dyes also have aspertame and vise versa. But I have been known to much enjoy a diet soda ow and again