The official beachbody sucks thread

Options
Just thought I'd post this thread in honor of all the beachbody haters. There is so much praise on this website it makes me natious. So I figure i would start a thread for others like me to vent or at least put why they dislike something so more un knowing suspects dont get suckered into a 120 dollar workout DVD :)

Replies

• KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    KirstenTheFamilyCoach Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    don't forget about their shakes!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I have loved every beachbody program that I've done, but I haven't given a penny to the company. Hooray for pirate bay.
  • jalloggio
    jalloggio Posts: 141
    Options
    I have loved every beachbody program that I've done, but I haven't given a penny to the company. Hooray for pirate bay.

But if you don't buy it from beachbody you don't get your very own personal "coach"
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I have a 'coach' on my friends list. I am constantly at him to eat more. The guy eats like 1200 calories somedays. Very rarely over 1600. This is before ridiculous exercising. They obviously don't expect their 'coach's' to know anything about nutrition. And then the time he tried to advise be on bras. I am not big, obviously , so don't have back issues from my chest. What kind of guy advises a stranger on bras over the Internet ?
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about Beach Body as a company (though I know I don't like all the Shakeology pitches they throw at you during their routines I've seen).

I have to credit their p90x series with kicking me off on getting healthy again, though. I downloaded a copy for free (:o), and the structure of the thing made it easy for me to follow until I eventually outgrew it and moved on to building my own routine.
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I lost a friend over stupid Beachbody. For months and months she wanted to "help me" and support me to the end" and it would all fall into place if I bought Shakeology. So, one day I did....only I made the mistake of NOT buying it from her. Oooops. She deleted me and hasn't talked to me since.

Gotta love how someone is only willing to help if it benefits them.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I didn't buy any videos from them, but I've done a few p90x videos. I like some of them quite a bit. But yeah, the product placement within them was enough to turn me off.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    If you'd just let me be your coach, I can help change this negative attitude.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    It's aiight for getting skinny people toned...
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I have a beached whale body. Does that count?
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I think they can be a little gimmicky, but I liked Insanity and Chalean Extreme. Not so much into shakeology and all that other stuff though.
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    I have a 'coach' on my friends list. I am constantly at him to eat more. The guy eats like 1200 calories somedays. Very rarely over 1600. This is before ridiculous exercising. They obviously don't expect their 'coach's' to know anything about nutrition. And then the time he tried to advise be on bras. I am not big, obviously , so don't have back issues from my chest. What kind of guy advises a stranger on bras over the Internet ?
    all you need to be a coach is a credit card! kind of silly
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    smdh :laugh: beachbody is the **** results vary with everyone. Don't hate bro just go get that money like them. I do agree with you on the shakes and what not.
    haha :laugh:
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    The programs work well, I think, but that's just my opinion and I've only done Turbo Fire and tried Insanity (briefly). There's no reason to pay for them... you can get them cheap used off e-bay or if you're into pirating, download them. I personally liked the results I got from Turbo Fire, but it's certainly not for everyone, but it helped me break out of a slump with something energetic, motivating, and fun. It also opened up a whole new world to me, and now I also jog, do Zumba on the Wii, and do body weight exercises whenever I feel like it. If it hadn't been for that program, I probably never would have come this far, never would have discovered MFP, and certainly wouldn't be as knowledgeable as I am today about my own body and wellness.

That said, I don't need Shakeology, and anyone dumb enough to buy that crap deserves to waste their money on it, imho. But hey, if you have the money to waste and it's more convenient for you, go for it I guess. I prefer real food, because 1) it's cheaper, and 2) tastes better and 3) it's better for you.

People who actually take advice and listen to the coaches are going to do the same thing regardless of where the information is coming from. If not a Beachbody coach, some other internet fad or infomercial or television show. (example: Dr. Oz.) The best thing anyone can do is educate themselves with reliable sources of information, fact check, talk to their doctor / nutritionist, and get real, professional advice when it comes to their diet or fitness.

The fact of the matter is, even if you don't spend a dime on any of the BB products, their website offers a lot of tools and information that is pretty helpful to people who don't know much about the world of fitness. They are a corporation, just like any other out there, trying to make money. I don't feel it's any different or more "evil" than the next one. People can spend a bunch of money on weights / benches, etc. or they can spend it on workout DVDs. It's personal preference, I think.

Edited to add: I'm not a BB coach and I don't sell their products. :P
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    shhhhhh *whispers* the walls have ears
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

and the internetz have eyes... o.O
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    :laugh: in for the awesome
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I once got into a debate with a beachbody coach on here.. and all it did was give me a headache.

When you are quoting Wikipedia as a legit research site, you know that there is a problem.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I share Insanity with my neighbor and I have my own beachbody coach.. I like it..even ordered another program.. to each his own.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    You don't understand the fury you're about to bring upon yourselves *pulls you into a dark closet* Now hush. Play dead.
This discussion has been closed.