The official beachbody sucks thread

Options

Replies

• da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    there is a local beachbody coach we have here and a couple girls from work are friends with her on FB. Apparently she started a challenged to eat a week of "clean meals" and everyone that wanted to do this challenge had to follow the meal plan EXACTLY. And why wouldn't they? she had "lost 9 lbs in 1 WEEK." (i was shaking my head internally when i was hearing about this at work) when i looked at the meal plan, Shakeology was obviously required for one of the meals. I said, you don't need to buy it, you can replace it with something else. I was told "no, you have to buy it... if you are doing the challenge, you HAVE to drink it." i said.. of course she wants you to drink it, because she makes money off of you buying it. don't be stupid
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    isn't it essentially a multilevel marketing company? if so, of course there wouldn't be any real qualifications needed to become a coach other than enough money to purchase the starter kit..? i do have a few friends who are fitter because of the BB workouts...which is great, but still.
  • steveinct
    steveinct Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have a serious problem with a company who says they are all about helping people but in order to do so you have to spend hundreds of dollars!

As a professional in the fitness industry who trains many people across the country this really bugs me.

I have helped many people lose weight, bodybuild, help people recover from injury for much less than what their gimmicky marketing pushes on the public. Beachbody is a cancer in the fitness industry and every other "trend" that is suppose to help others when really they exploit and take advantage of people who need real honest help just to make a dollar.

Wait. What? You have a "serious problem" with a company that causes someone to spend hundreds of dollars while being a "professional in the fitness industry"? I am not trying to pick a fight, but that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard! Does your gym make you sign up for an annual membership with not only monthly fees but also an extra fee once per year? Why not charge a flat rate monthly? Oh yeah, because they are out to make money and it will cost hundreds of dollars to join your gym. In fact, they make you sign up for an annual membership because they know most people will sign up and never use it. You are ok with that, right? How about the trainers at your gym? Are they free? What about every other company out there selling supplements? Free?

Come on dude. It sounds like you don't like it because you think you are better than them. Guess what? You may, in fact, be a better trainer and could possibly produce better results than the Beachbody crew. Can you build a program that would help thousands and thousands of people get in better shape and package into something that people want to do? The answer is simple. No. You can't. If you could, you would do it (and apparently make it free).

Again, I am not trying to pick a fight because you are probably just wanting to vent a bit. Beachbody programs are limited but if it can motivate a person to get off the couch and get in better shape, it is well worth the money for the DVD's. If a person wants to buy their supplements instead of going to buy a supplement at GNC/Vitamin Shoppe/etc, all the power to them. I am for anything that will help people to a more healthy lifestyle.
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    un knowing suspects dont get suckered into a 120 dollar workout DVD :)

Sooo after reading other comments I checked out your fb and youtube. I actually watched a video where you said you still do some beachbody cardio programs and that in the past you lost a lot of weight with insanity. A month later you bash them? Maybe next time make a video that promotes your company and the kind of fitness programs you offer. Maybe then I'll pay 5.99 for your fitness videos.
  • steveinct
    Options
    http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j123/Navyqt320/Back040313.jpg

THIS is my REASON why I quit P90X..I wasted almost a half of a year doing silly lifting moves..

Figured out my OWN lifting program (Thanks to my wonderful Husband...jalloggio) and THESE are MY results!!

You want REAL results?? get a REAL program!!!

END OF STORY!!!

thats my rant!

Wait. Why did your husband let you do 240 days of p90x if he hates Beachbody so much? Why lie? I just read your story here:

http://jonathanalloggiopt.angelfire.com/a-message-to-women-from-juliannne.html
  • JustMQ
    JustMQ Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    shakeoloy tastes like poop.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ajhugz
    Options
    Ok, has no one else noticed that the OP has an 'online fitness coaching business' and Jules is his wife, trying to help him get business on here by starting a BB bashing thread?

Great catch Debbie. I completely agree with you that this is shady business practice. The OP signed up on MFP 2 years ago but just started posted two weeks ago and his first thread was this fishing expedition.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937222-offering-advice-to-others

I wonder if his recent decision to become more active on the boards has something to do with starting a new career as a PT?

I bet a lot of us are wondering that now. Sounds like someone started a business without a good business plan.
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Wow! Can't believe this thread is still open! Anytime I've tried to say anything negative about beachbody I've been burned by the mods. Beachbody has spies everywhere and their pockets are deep! But I agree, I think their company is a scam and they are swindlers and thieves.
  • steveinct
    Options
    I bet a lot of us are wondering that now. Sounds like someone started a business without a good business plan.

Bashing Beachbody isn't a plan?!? :laugh:
  • PureAdamic
    PureAdamic Posts: 185
    Options
    Is that body by vi or visalage or what ever the same thing? I remember that 40 year old caligurlie was always answering questions with walls of copy pasta from visalage
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I don't support their addon products at all, I just see it as glorified protein powder you can spend 20$ on at WAlmart if you're in a pinch. But they do have really great workout programs and you cant deny that if you are being honest. Not everyone has access to a gym or wants to lift heavy. Personally, I live in a small town, and we don't have a gym here and I am not going to drive 30 miles 4 days a week to go to a gym even though I would love to lift heavy. So for me, programs like p90x and 30 day Shred etc etc are perfect for me to start out with while I'm building up my at home weights collection. No matter how slow, these programs do work.
  • ajhugz
    Options

Bashing Beachbody isn't a plan?!? :laugh:

Oh its a plan, just not a good one.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Pirate bay all BB stuff. Create your "hybrid training". It works. You can't say all their exercises sucks.

Exactly what I did haha. I could care less who they're swindling. I lost weight with Insanity and still do it every week.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    well this took an interesting turn... lol
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Please lock this thread. Its not nice to make negative comments to beach body. I would very much like to see only positive posts and threads about beach body. I'm not a beach body coach. I simply believe in the only free and equitable way to obey beach body mention them is in a positive light. This post does none of that for beach body.
    Thank in in advance for the ethical treatment of beach body and its parent company Product Partners LLC.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Please lock this thread. Its not nice to make negative comments to beach body. I would very much like to see only positive posts and threads about beach body. I'm not a beach body coach. I simply believe in the only free and equitable way to obey beach body mention them is in a positive light. This post does none of that for beach body.
    Thank in in advance for the ethical treatment of beach body and its parent company Product Partners LLC.

What?
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    Beachbody is just a gimmick to take advantage of those who struggle with losing weight.. why do I have to buy a shake to lose weight? That makes no sense and definitely not a lifestyle that someone can maintain for life. They'd be out of house.. what a waste of money! I've dramatically changed my body in four months without Beachbody or "Shakeology".. the notion that you have to buy into their products to have the body you want is freakin' hogwash.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Beachbody is just a gimmick to take advantage of those who struggle with losing weight.. why do I have to buy a shake to lose weight? That makes no sense and definitely not a lifestyle that someone can maintain for life. They'd be out of house.. what a waste of money! I've dramatically changed my body in four months without Beachbody or "Shakeology".. the notion that you have to buy into their products to have the body you want is freakin' hogwash.

I'm not suggesting that beach body works or not. I'm only saying I would like to see only posts that spin it in a positive setting.
    Would you be willing to change your success story to include how Product Partners LLC, the makers of Beachbody has plays an integral part in your journey?
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options

I'm not suggesting that beach body works or not. I'm only saying I would like to see only posts that spin it in a positive setting.
    Would you be willing to change your success story to include how Product Partners LLC, the makers of Beachbody has plays an integral part in your journey?

Unfortunately, it's the internet.. not everyone is going to agree with you or choose to spin it in a positive way. You can't change what I believe.
This discussion has been closed.