Insanity is boring.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Insanity, you have to be it to buy it.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I just can't fathom why anyone would pay that kind of money for an exercise DVD
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    As I'm reading this thread, an ad with Tony for p90x is at the bottom of my screen.
    I did p90x for a couple weeks... A few times.
    I like they keep telling the women to do more reps at lower weights. Higher weights and lower reps to build bulk.
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    As I'm reading this thread, an ad with Tony for p90x is at the bottom of my screen.
    I did p90x for a couple weeks... A few times.
    I like they keep telling the women to do more reps at lower weights. Higher weights and lower reps to build bulk.

I did 2 1/2 rounds of p90x..I got a LITTLE muscle.. did some research.. quit p90x all together.

Now 5 weeks into my OWN program with help of jalloggio and now I am FINALLY getting the results I was looking for.

and Tony is really annoying
  • tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    To each their own....I wouldn't do it...but if it works for someone else....great! IMO it makes you look unprofessional to create this hater thread.
  • kariannmbc
    kariannmbc Posts: 144
    Options
    I got TurboFire on amazon for less than $40, and I'm not using anything else beachbody related. For me it's a schedule of different workouts, which I like, and it's producing results. I've lost an inch and a half from my waist in only 10 days, and only one pound. Do I think it is the awesomest best thing ever? No. Does it work for me? Yes.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    shhhhhh *whispers* the walls have ears

and the internetz have eyes... o.O

tricksy internetz.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I like them ok just never paid full price for anything thank the goddess for ebay lol
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I enjoy some of the workouts, but I only buy off ebay. I'm not interested in being coached or sold over priced products. A friend from my church got into that and he sent me a friend request on FB and for a year it's like the only thing he was posting. And he was kinda "in your face" about it. And, well, I blocked him. I like the work outs. They fit in my running schedule for cross training or some strength training. But the marketing model and "add on" products are not my thing.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I love how some beachbody coaches rage against capitalism and the horrors of food and drug companies while selling shakes. It makes perfect sense, ya know?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Learn how to spell before posting a hater thread, will ya?

You hate them so much that you're wasting your time creating a thread about them, but I'm sure the CEO of Beachbody is NOT thinking about you right now! lol

Find a better way to spend your time, will ya?

In...

...to learn more from Coach Robyn.
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I have loved every beachbody program that I've done, but I haven't given a penny to the company. Hooray for pirate bay.

Same here. I've done Insanity and Brazil Butt Lift.
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    In. I mean.....I'm um, I'm with jof...

bunny_popcorn.gif
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with not giving them your money and I don't buy silly shakes, i dont follow the nutritional guide and dont care about winning a t shirt. However what is wrong with a program that is getting people up and moving and they can do it in the comfort of their own home?

I wasn't getting my money's worth out of the gym....i can do my DVD in the morning before work..I find shawn t mildly annoying but I like the moves....I sweat my *kitten* off and I am stronger and slimmer then I have been in awhile. I got the DVD for 10 dollars used and have been more then happy.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I could get a couple of personal trainer sessions for their prices... j/s
    Does beach body seem like the pyramid scheme of the fitness world to anyone else?

My sister in law was briefly a coach I think..
    she was obsessed, cleansed spent boocoos of money on their products... last time I was at her house I noticed some normal protein powder in the place of her shakeology... I looked at it when I was looking to supplement initially, but I couldn't justify the cost. I feel the same way about the dvds.

I'm not a hater though, if it works for you, do it! :) I've got pals who like their programs, I just can't justify the cost..
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is anything wrong with a hater thread; hell they are all over the place on this site. To each their own, right?

I'll admit, I've contemplated on this whole Beachbody thing since a friend is a "coach" but I really don't see the value? I mean I guess anyone can be a "coach" especially if you are pushy with the sales. My "coach" doesn't push anything, just answers my questions. He posts every minute of every day in his private FB group to "get after it" and welcoming new members. Everyone seems to post food pics, workout pics and well the same kind of jibberish we all do on here. He's passionate about it and if he can get new members in and encourage them, then what's wrong with that?

I do agree with the OP that the cost of the videos and Shakeology are way too expensive. I have been looking into Ultimate Reset but cannot bring myself to pay that much money. I am pretty old-fashioned; I believe diet/nutrition and a decent exercise program you can create all on your own works. I have seen so many success stories on here following this same old-fashioned anthem without having to fall in to gimmicks and overpriced fixes.
  • jporter2004
    jporter2004 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Its working for me, to each their own! As another poster said, it gets people motivated and moving so that's the main thing.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I'll take 30 Day Shred for 7.00 any day of the week! lol
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Ok, has no one else noticed that the OP has an 'online fitness coaching business' and Jules is his wife, trying to help him get business on here by starting a BB bashing thread?
This discussion has been closed.