The official beachbody sucks thread

Options

Replies

• Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Preface: While I am a Beachbody Coach, I no longer buy into the MLM business model and I think it's a crappy way to try and "help" people. I no longer sell Shakeology, and I have always helped anyone who asks regardless of whether or not I make money off them. That said:

So lemme get this straight... Beachbody sucks, but we love their workouts as long as we don't have to pay for them?

Maybe the GOP is right and our country HAS turned into a bunch of entitled slackers. Guess everyone does want something for nothing. Frankly it's pathetic. You don't need to buy it from a coach, you don't need to buy shakeology, but if you're using and benefiting from a product that took time and energy for someone to create and you feel they don't deserve to be compensated for it, then I guess you wouldn't mind going to work every day and working for free?

Piracy just pisses me off. Whether it's this or music or movies or whatever. The people that worked to create those things are no flippin' different from you. That's their job and their product and they DESERVE to be compensated accordingly.

But go ahead and ***** about $120 or less while you're shelling out twice as much for your gym membership and your starbucks frappuccinos. It's simply pathetic.

Totally agree with this... though I have to take into consideration the people who literally cannot afford a gym membership (or Starbucks, for that matter. lol) and sympathize with anyone who might buy the videos second hand via e-bay or what-not. I am one of those people, so yeah, I'm a little biased. :P
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Ooohhh jeeeeezzz guys. lol SO many people hate BB that badly? *shrug* I love this company personally. Tried P90X, couldn't keep ymself focused on it but LOVE Insanity. Plan on doing Les Mills Combat next, and I drink shakeology. I've done Body Pump at the gym a few years ago as well, which is Les Mills. I guess it really does make a difference if you have a pushy coach or friends trying to always sell you on something to leave a bad taste in your mouth about a company. No, I'm not a BB coach. I guess I've been lucky enough to have had an absent coach that never sells me on anything and I just do my own thing lol. :-D
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Someone said once Multi-Level Marketing (or "Direct Sales" euphemism) isn't bad by itself...as long as you truly believe in the product AND don't look at EVERY person you encounter as a potential sale/sign-up. I think most BeachBody people REALLY believe in the product, but EVERY one I've encountered looks at every person, every encounter as a potential sale/sign-up. I used to be part of a great Facebook Biggest Loser fan page, until the admins (they tried) couldn't delete all the sales pitches fast enough. What I REALLY don't like is that they prey on people wanting to lose & get healthy, by disguising their sales pitches as fitness "Challenges." Then it's oh yeah, you need to pay/buy this or it really doesn't work. One reason I was so happy to read MFP's posting policies, & see they also said not to post the "Send me a Private Message if You're Interested" posts. Also there are tons of people who WERE reps & speak out publically about practices they feel were dishonest. I'm glad some BeachBody people found something that works for them, but quit the campaigning & let the results (if you have them) speak for themselves. If someone asks you HOW you did it, THEN tell them WITHOUT a sales pitch. IF they ask you about buying it, THEN give them the info. But for the record, the majority of us are NOT interested in your deceptive sales pitches.
  • writetomab
    writetomab Posts: 226
    Options
    Some of the responses in this thread really make me laugh... Particularly those people who seem to think "if you don't lift you are wasting your time" blah blah blah. I love lifting and have been for a number of years but I also fancied a bit of a change so now I am trying Insanity for the first time (which I happily paid for!)... It's a very good workout and I'm enjoying it! Not saying its for everyone and all depends upon your goals etc but like any fitness programme it has it's advantages and disadvantages. If you don't like then fine... Doesn't mean it's a bad programme. To each their own as they say! I'll happily post my results at the end of the 60 days and lets see what some of the haters have to say about it then! :wink:
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Preface: While I am a Beachbody Coach, I no longer buy into the MLM business model and I think it's a crappy way to try and "help" people. I no longer sell Shakeology, and I have always helped anyone who asks regardless of whether or not I make money off them. That said:

So lemme get this straight... Beachbody sucks, but we love their workouts as long as we don't have to pay for them?

Maybe the GOP is right and our country HAS turned into a bunch of entitled slackers. Guess everyone does want something for nothing. Frankly it's pathetic. You don't need to buy it from a coach, you don't need to buy shakeology, but if you're using and benefiting from a product that took time and energy for someone to create and you feel they don't deserve to be compensated for it, then I guess you wouldn't mind going to work every day and working for free?

Piracy just pisses me off. Whether it's this or music or movies or whatever. The people that worked to create those things are no flippin' different from you. That's their job and their product and they DESERVE to be compensated accordingly.

But go ahead and ***** about $120 or less while you're shelling out twice as much for your gym membership and your starbucks frappuccinos. It's simply pathetic.

I completely agree with this. Well said.
  • JDySart777
    JDySart777 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have loved every beachbody program that I've done, but I haven't given a penny to the company. Hooray for pirate bay.

LOL! I'll drink to that! :drinker:
  • JDySart777
    JDySart777 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have loved every beachbody program that I've done, but I haven't given a penny to the company. Hooray for pirate bay.

Not that I condone piracy...You can find every Insanity video on YouTube. :wink:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    If it wasn't for their pushy coaches I'd probably still be 210lbs and sitting on my couch all day, hah!

Seriously though, I did slim in 6 and it was great to get into working out. People keep pushing turbo fire at me though and I keep trying and not really getting into it. I heard that Insanity is great (although probably too insane for me).

I'm not into pirating and I'd much rather have a dvd I can play on my tv upstairs than youtube videos, although I'm probably not buying more programs from them because it's so expensive.

Oh and for what it's worth, I rarely drink shakeology anymore but it's helped me a ton getting rid of my sweet cravings.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

Not that I condone piracy...You can find every Insanity video on YouTube. :wink:

that is piracy.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options

I completely agree with this. Well said.

Absolutely. I can't stand the argument that they are overpriced!! Piracy is just another word for theft mid love a GUCCI bag but I think they are over priced. Do these people who download torrents think it would be OK then to,go,to,Harrods and still snag- its no,different as far as I'm concerned.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j123/Navyqt320/Back040313.jpg

THIS is my REASON why I quit P90X..I wasted almost a half of a year doing silly lifting moves..

Figured out my OWN lifting program (Thanks to my wonderful Husband...jalloggio) and THESE are MY results!!

Hubby has his own business, doesn't post a "before P90X" pic, changes lighting and possibly flexes more for the "current" photo?

Sounds legit.
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    AngelsInThighHighs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    The price tag SUCKS i agree whole heartidly about that!!! However i have some pretty amazing results from Insanity im not gonna lie, my eating habits SUCK i use my own nutritional drink instead of their shakeolgy mix. However i really enjoy the workouts i enjoy the results and the burn, i wanna join a gym soon so really Insanity is just my stepping stone. This thread is more hating on the price then the actual workouts so i can agree they are greedy, i wont say "what" i paid for Insanity tee hee but it didnt break me.
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    As I'm reading this thread, an ad with Tony for p90x is at the bottom of my screen.
    I did p90x for a couple weeks... A few times.
    I like they keep telling the women to do more reps at lower weights. Higher weights and lower reps to build bulk.

I did 2 1/2 rounds of p90x..I got a LITTLE muscle.. did some research.. quit p90x all together.

Now 5 weeks into my OWN program with help of jalloggio and now I am FINALLY getting the results I was looking for.

and Tony is really annoying

Agreed 100% on Tony. I did Power 90 and quit because he got on my nerves.
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Obviously, you read a thread on the board that says.."The Official BeachBody SUCKS thread"..

now you KNOW you're gonna get people talking crap about Beach Body products.

So for those who have nothing but negative comments towards myself and my husband, do you REALLY need a reality check?

By the way, Thank you to those who took the TIME to go and view my page, my husbands page, as well as our website. Thank you for watching our videos =) That actually made my day knowing that you took your time to do a little RESEARCH on who we are. So Thank you!

Its funny how some of you are quick to judge a person, rather than their KNOWLEDGE on a work out program. Thank you!!

And by the way... I am his wife, not his girlfriend and with that we have 2 children.
    We are a TEAM and we stick together

THANKS FOR CARING!!!
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    Obviously, you read a thread on the board that says.."The Official BeachBody SUCKS thread"..

So for those who have nothing but negative comments towards myself and my husband, do you REALLY need a reality check?

By the way, Thank you to those who took the TIME to go and view my page, my husbands page, as well as our website. Thank you for watching our videos =) That actually made my day knowing that you took your time to do a little RESEARCH on who we are. So Thank you!

Its funny how some of you are quick to judge a person, rather than their KNOWLEDGE on a work out program. Thank you!!

And by the way... I am his wife, not his girlfriend and with that we have 2 children.

THANKS FOR CARING!!!

wow.

Beachbody sucks, but here come join me and my husband and WE'LL get you in shape!

scam much?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

Screw you, startbucks is delicious.

Additionally, how dare you make the generalization that everyone believes in communism, is a slacker, or believes they deserve to be compensated for no work or money.

Also, beachbody programs are (here's my opinion) NOTHING IMPRESSIVE! There. I said it. If you are completely uneducated on the subject and have NEVER worked out in your life and have NEVER made an attempt to be fit i can see them being of *some* benefit. But there comes a point when learning what works for you and joining a gym or buying your own weights and doing your own thing is inevitable. Their programs are not the end all be all answer to fitness.

And frankly, i would never spend over 100$ on a product i didn't feel worth it. (thats four months of a gym with a ton of ammenities for christs sake).

It seems like the company preys on people with no knowledge of nutrition and fitness in general. As stated earlier i do not like multi level marketing. Anyone can be a "coach" and make money and sell shakeology and make their own profit- at any extra price for the consumer of course. They generally know VERY little about the products and very little about nutrition in general. And frankly, that seems like a cop-out to me.

No one goes around claiming to be, say, an esthitician because they sell Mary Kay. Ya know?

If beachbody wants to do it right, they need to get into gyms/open their own gyms; have their "programs" as fitness classes by CERTIFIED trainers and coaches, still sell their dvds, shakeology and other merchandise at said facilities.

Even then, not the end-all be all for fitness and nutrition. ;)
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    who said anything about a scam? I'm not going out there and saying...hey come here, I wanna sell you something.

I don't want to SELL anything... Obviously I know what I'm doing with my work outs..
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Screw you, startbucks is delicious.

Additionally, how dare you make the generalization that everyone believes in communism, is a slacker, or believes they deserve to be compensated for no work or money.

Also, beachbody programs are (here's my opinion) NOTHING IMPRESSIVE! There. I said it. If you are completely uneducated on the subject and have NEVER worked out in your life and have NEVER made an attempt to be fit i can see them being of *some* benefit. But there comes a point when learning what works for you and joining a gym or buying your own weights and doing your own thing is inevitable. Their programs are not the end all be all answer to fitness.

And frankly, i would never spend over 100$ on a product i didn't feel worth it. (thats four months of a gym with a ton of ammenities for christs sake).

It seems like the company preys on people with no knowledge of nutrition and fitness in general. As stated earlier i do not like multi level marketing. Anyone can be a "coach" and make money and sell shakeology and make their own profit- at any extra price for the consumer of course. They generally know VERY little about the products and very little about nutrition in general. And frankly, that seems like a cop-out to me.

No one goes around claiming to be, say, an esthitician because they sell Mary Kay. Ya know?

If beachbody wants to do it right, they need to get into gyms/open their own gyms; have their "programs" as fitness classes by CERTIFIED trainers and coaches, still sell their dvds, shakeology and other merchandise at said facilities.

so if you don't like the products i assume you bought them full price and then returned them and got your money back right? because that's beachbody's policy. you can return something any time and get a full refund no questions asked.

i assume you didn't download them or acquire them gratis, correct?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

THANKS FOR CARING!!!

Sorry, but how can someone be sympathetic towards you or your husband when it seems you have an agenda. Why attack JUST beachbody? Why not all of the MILLIONS of scams out there?

You chimed in as if you were a completely unrelated person and then were all "YEAH! BEACKBODY SUCKED! LOOK WHAT WORKING OUT WITH A REAL LIFTING PROGRAM BY MY AWESOME HUSBAND FOR ONLY 22 DAYS DID".

I mean, really?
  • CoachReddy
    Options

they're actually doing that. you can now be certified in P90X and Insanity, and they are bringing those classes to gyms around the country.
This discussion has been closed.