I just removed all of my friends...

Options

Replies

• OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Well OP, I'm guessing those who now remain on your list will be removing themselves all on their own ... at least that's what ~I~ would do had I been on your list ... so you can soon make a thread entitled "All of my friends are removed ..."

^^ THIS - Im 42 and LOVE all my FL and learn a LOT from some of the younger ones -- and if you did that, good for you but WHY announce it? OHH Biggest NDB Ive ever seen
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I don't care if my hard work and dedication don't impress you.
    Carry on.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Not impressive?! B!sh please, my hardware is breathtaking and I work just as hard to keep it that way as you do. Ridiculous.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I had to walk up a hill to and from school in the snow without shoes to get this body...
  • beejelblor
    beejelblor Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i find a 30 year old woman who has had 2 children but maintained or got back in shape MUCH more impressive then a 40 year old man who is in shape. no offense but this general comment is quite small minded and frankly insulting, we should all support and encourage health due to all the various road blocks we each face regardless or age or gender. you should surround yourself with a support group similar to yourself if that is what works but the MFP style is not to devalue the hard work of those in their 20's and 30's who are trying to become or stay healthy
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I would like to thank the OP for the fifteen minutes of uncontrollable laughter.
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I saw your success story the other day and was quite impressed by your transformation.

This view you have on younger people and their success not being so impressive (to you) however...

Not so much.

Your high and mighty stance now that you look better leaves a whole lot to be desired.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Just delete the annoying ones and keep the young, sweet, hot ones. That's my approach.

*cough*

Okay, okay, just the young, highly intelligent and hot ones . . .

:wink:
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Not impressive?! B!sh please, my hardware is breathtaking and I work just as hard to keep it that way as you do. Ridiculous.

Double kudos. !) for letting the OP have it 2)for using the word hardware. :)
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I'm just about to turn 38, been obese for 20+ years. Took 7 months to get to my perfect BMI, lose 79lbs & be able to run 10km a day. No rest days, no cheat days & fitter than most people I know & I;m betting I could outlast you as well. All this wish a back injury that means I may never work again.

Impressive enough for someone UNDER 40?

Im just curious how your back injury keeps you from working ever again yet you can run > 6 mi/day? I know many people who can work and can't run that much. Can you share some details?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I hate when I see 20-somethings giving advice, and they have rippled abs and all. It's like, yeah, at 20 I could do that by just thinking about it.

You and the OP will get along famously.
  • BrainsOnGains
    BrainsOnGains Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm just about to turn 38, been obese for 20+ years. Took 7 months to get to my perfect BMI, lose 79lbs & be able to run 10km a day. No rest days, no cheat days & fitter than most people I know & I;m betting I could outlast you as well. All this wish a back injury that means I may never work again.

Impressive enough for someone UNDER 40?

Im just curious how your back injury keeps you from working ever again yet you can run > 6 mi/day? I know many people who can work and can't run that much. Can you share some details?

Face
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who got the satire? Wow. Lighten up people...its not that serious. BTW, I'll be 40 in August so I'll add you then! :-)

Is it satire when he actually did delete people?
  • Asterie
    Asterie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I do not understand why so many people are offended...

I was wondering the same thing; it really isn't a big deal. Are people not allowed to have their own opinions on the forums now?
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    OP, just another thought. When I was in my twenties I use to mistakingly think I was indestructible. I could workout just enough to look good, play sports and be physically fit while eating and drinking what ever the hell I liked. I'm paying for that messed up thought process now and have to work so friggin hard to reverse what I did I commend the yonger generation of taoday as they are much more eduacated as a whole in fitness and nutrition.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who got the satire? Wow. Lighten up people...its not that serious. BTW, I'll be 40 in August so I'll add you then! :-)

Is it satire when it's not satire?
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I do not understand why so many people are offended...

I was wondering the same thing; it really isn't a big deal. Are people not allowed to have their own opinions on the forums now?

Ironic post is ironic.

Nobody's saying he cant do this. Just that he's kind of a **** for it. A valid opinion.

That's how it works .. we *all* get to state our opinions.
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    ect16c.jpg
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options

Is it satire when it's not satire?

True that!