What Gym do you use?

Options
FrnkLft
FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
I'll start, local YMCA. Awesome gym and really good rates for families.

Not pretentious, everyone is serious about lifting with few douches.

Replies

• PureAdamic
    PureAdamic Posts: 185
    Options
    InShape, they don't complain when I accidentally drop heavy weight, and try to keep my chalk clean.
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    My living room. I just prefer it, don't have to leave the house and it's pretty much free. I am doing Jillian Michael's body revolution. My husband does P90X. Much cheaper than a monthly gym membership.
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Fit For Life and my living room
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Our basement and Lifetime. Love Lifetime for all the family activities and the outdoor pool and I never have to wait for machines.
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    On my heavy days I will use one of they gyms at one of the military bases and on my hypertrophy days I use a gym called chuze fitness.
  • assblaster69
    assblaster69 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Home gym at my parents. I dont live too far away so it's ok. It's just barbell, bench, pull up bar and a stationary bike. I have to do zercher squats which is the only real downside I can think of. They hurt my babby arms
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    My basement. My husband works out at a non chain gym.
  • WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    L.A. Fitness
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Y here too - and I like it for the same reasons. Going after work is a little dicey, people are kind of ruder then, but the mornings are almost always douche-free. And they have a good pool, and there's a decent chance of being able to find one when I'm traveling.

I also go to a small gym near my daughter's school where I work with my trainer and the gym at work, because it was a one-time $20 fee to use it as long as I work here. So I'm pretty much never more than 5 minutes from one of my gyms.
  • mstyer2790
    mstyer2790 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness! :happy:
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    -fitness first. $20/month and walking distance from work. - if I get a new job outside of this area - I might cry...
    -outside
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Local place (with about 4 or 5 locations) called Crossroads Fitness. Location I go to is less than a mile from my home (so I can walk there and back when the weather is pleasant).

Big enough to have a good selection of equipment and weights, but not big enough to have that 'big box' feeling.
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I use a small gym in my apartment community...because it's free and right there.

I had a membership with Anytime Fitness that expired a few months ago. The monthly rate was decent...it was 30/month and there was a 60 start up fee for the key FOB. I also paid in full so there wasn't another start up fee which was another 60. I have no complaints, but it was a smaller gym and at times got crowded.
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    -fitness first. $20/month and walking distance from work. - if I get a new job outside of this area - I might cry...
    -outside

I'm at Fitness First too!
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I use the council run gyms - access to 11 sites for £35 a month. Not too bad really!
  • Lormic98
    Lormic98 Posts: 33
    Options
    Spectrum (formerly Gold's). Locations throughout southern California.
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Fit and Firm
    It's a locally owned ladies gym.

I sooo want to save up and get the goods for a home gym though.
  • blkpag1
    blkpag1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Heng's

It's a small local gym that is 24/7 and extremely hard core (no classes, no sauna, etc). Everyone is extremely friendly and helpful.
  • Goddessmaker1
    Goddessmaker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    24 hour fitness. I wish I could find something with a bit more variety of classes though.
  • ScottysSpeedShop
    ScottysSpeedShop Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Youfit.