NYSC.
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My garage and the local pool.
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Queen Margaret University Sports Centre (Edinburgh) - I live on campus and it's only £6.90 a month...LOVE IT!
  • kaperlinger
    kaperlinger Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I wish I could afford a chain gym. I work out at a small gym owned by a local church. Love that I can take my kids with me when the fiancee is working though.
  • muztangsax
    muztangsax Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have two: 24hr Fitness for weekend work and Independent MMA and Fitness(Boxing, cardio, MMA, BJJ gym) Absolutely in love with my boxing gym!
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Best gyms:
    Anytime- 24 hours
    Lifetime- for amenities
    Nautilus- Old school gym

Worst gyms:
    Gold's: contracts that are harder to get out of than alkatraz
    Planetfitness: judge free my tail? Im sorry my dedication and drive to get stronger intimidated your lazy, unmotivated behind.

Lol planet fitness is judgment free unless your actually trying to make GAINZ

Golds is expensive almost always crowded but I always enjoyed the company
    Their approach (Planet Fitness) is so ironic. In attempts to be "judgement free" they judge the h3ll outta those that are busting their tail, and go so far as to stereotype them in their commercials. Worst. Gym. Ever!

I really like my 24 Hour Fitness cuz I get a year for under $200 and pretty much always have a location I can go to when traveling... and can't beat the hours!
  • otterish
    otterish Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love PF. The one we use (allyoryczcak and I) is crowded with friendly people at all levels of fitness.
    We work very hard and maybe that influences how we're treated, but we have never had a problem with anyone there.
    I think everyone has figured out that "judgement-free zone" actually means "don't be a d!ck" and it seems to work.

After reading the post above, I'm glad I've never seen a commercial for PF. Does their advertising really mock those who are fit?
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    I use my garage.

I'm not a fan of the clutter, the climate control, the management, the kids and dog that run around in it or the sweaty guy who is always on the treadmill...
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Gold's Gym. No bull, tons of equipment, cheap dues, decent daycare and no pushy trainers hawking supplements every time you walk in the door.
  • jgcurry3
    jgcurry3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Ya the commercials do knock on people who are a bit more dedicated than others, but they are pretty funny.
  • Mjsturg1
    Mjsturg1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Anytime Fitness it's only about 5 mins from my house and I love it !!!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I work out at an independent gym. It reminds me a bit of a Gold's but a bit more beat up, which I like.
  • noturavgchic
    Options
    Anytime Fitness... I'm new(2 weeks in) but love it so far. Love that it's open "anytime"
  • hhayes06
    hhayes06 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    The free one at my work and my house. Both open anytime of day or night and I am generally alone when I work out.
  • mrsgrandberry
    Options
    Home, park, and French Riviera
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    My Y is the best. Olympic size pool, weights, classes and the best people ever. If you don't show up a couple of days, someone is calling or texting you to make sure you were ok. I just love my Y.
  • scookiemonster
    scookiemonster Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I go at least once a week to a local rock climbing gym. They do have a few cardio machines there as well, but I have a bowflex and an elliptical and a few climbing training tools at home, and in the nice weather I hike or jog in a local park or run in the field by my house.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    i use the Y... everything I need. great crowd, great friendly people and...... great child care. Oh and the pool, classes, trainers, friends, friendly people and equipment all rock my world.
  • Ninguneado73
    Options
    The one of my apartment complex. It is small, however, not too many people use it. Always clean and has everything that one needs.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I go to the Y. They have great classes.On the average weekday they have 14 classes to choose from. The pool is super nice and so is the gym. They also have free childcare and children's programs for members. As well, they have a great financial assistance program if you are low income and can't afford their fees