What Gym do you use?

Options

Replies

• AlliecoreXX
    AlliecoreXX Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Anytime Fitness. Just happen to be head trainer there as well. ;)
  • kluedesigns
    kluedesigns Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    the gym in my house
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm #3 for Youfit. I love how it's a month to month with a $10 rate. They don't offer anything fancy but who cares for the price.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Used to go to Lifetime... it had everything, but it was far away and expensive.. switched to a local World's Gym that was only 15.99 but their "any time" hours were weird an inconsistent. Moved on to Anytime Fitness... place is tiny as hell, but close and 24/7 I wish I had an XSport membership. Good fancy machines + plate loaded machines I could only dream of... and month by month and no contract membership.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Best gyms:
    Anytime- 24 hours
    Lifetime- for amenities
    Nautilus- Old school gym

Worst gyms:
    Gold's: contracts that are harder to get out of than alkatraz
    Planetfitness: judge free my tail? Im sorry my dedication and drive to get stronger intimidated your lazy, unmotivated behind.

Golds is terrible. I had a membership in Arlington, VA and when I moved to Silver Spring, they claimed that I could still use the club because it was less than 25 miles away. Anyone who lives in this area knows what a load of crock that is. They refused to let me out of it until I went to Corporate. I will never have a membership with them again.
    Golds Gym also smells really bad on the weight level... those guys are TOO cool to wipe their equipment down apparently.
  • DivaLuvsDisney
    DivaLuvsDisney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I've been going to the same family owned gym off and on for 16 years! They are the most expensive in the area, but they are the closest to my house and have a huge selection of weight equipment, cardio machines and lots of classes. We get a discount and extra months for paying for a year's membership in full plus my DH and I each get a $150 reimbursement from our health insurance company.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Blast Fitness.

I just have the $10/month membership, which gets me access to the cardio and circuit/resistance machines (and weights if I wanted...still working up to that, to be honest I don't even know what they have over there) and that's it. That's fine for where I am right now fitness-wise. There's a small women-only area which is nice, and it's rarely over-crowded even at peak times.

There's absolutely nothing to love about it, but the price is right, it's literally 1/2 block from my house (I walk there in nice weather), and the hours fit with my work schedule, so it works for me.
  • GabyG69
    GabyG69 Posts: 213
    Options
    Fitness 19 and I absolutely love it! :)
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    YMCA, =)
  • darvin1023
    darvin1023 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    1. Gym in my building complex -
    Pros: Free, 24 hrs,
    Cons: Only 7 cardio machines, and some dumbbell sets. Crowded ALL THE TIME.

2. my town's fitness centre/racquet club -
    Pro: $19 a month, Has several weight machines, & Dumbbells, dry sauna, Very friendly staff. several indoor and outdoor racquet courts.
    Con: Only open 6:30am - 10pm, only 7 cardio machines, Lots of Old people that seems to just loiter around.

3. Lifetime Fitness -
    Pro: Has every equipment you can think of. It's open 24hrs. Close to my house. Not crowded on the times that i go there. Full of Yuppies too busy to loiter about. Rock/Wall Climbing area. Several Pools, dry sauna and wet sauna. Several kinds of courts you can think of. More up-to-date machines. Lots of free weights and weight machines. Offers heaps of classes for FREE, and decently prices for private lessons and personal trainers. Salon which came in handy when needed a quick haircut and i was in a hurry. Cafe - perfect for times that i was hungry after a workout, and i was too lazy to make something healthy at home. LOL
    Con: $68 a month membership, ouch! Not crowded on the times that i go there. If you go from 7-9am or 4-8pm loads of meat heads hog the weight areas.
  • mackie2606
    Options
    I use gymophobics, £29.50 a month, 30 min programme 2/3 times a week. Relaxed atmosphere, all shapes, sizes and ages and always have a laugh there
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    For most of my workouts, I go to Gold's Gym.

For some cardio or the days when I don't want to leave the house, I have Bowflex Selecttech adjustable weights and a wide array of cardio DVDs, depending on whether I want to lift or do cardio.
  • StaticEntropy
    StaticEntropy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    LA Fitness @ $19/mo
  • farsteve
    farsteve Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    This has been my record at the same facility/location* since about 1983. It has been:

Lexington Athletic Club
    World Gym
    Gold's Gym
    Urban Active
    and just got bought out by L A Fitness.

*well I can still go the same facility/location if I wanted to. When it went to World Gym I gained two other locations in the city I could go to. Paying three years in advance averages out to just under $20 per month.
  • Wgbn32
    Wgbn32 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness. Can't beat $10/month. There's a million cardio machines and weight machines all over the place.Hate that it gets crowded...but the people at my gym did give me a chart when I signed up detailing the traffic they get per hour everyday so I was forewarned.
  • Mell00546
    Mell00546 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Gold Gym in St. Pete, FL :)
    Love it!
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Snap Fitness. Close to my house, open 24 hours and affordable. Nothing fancy but everything I need.
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    My living room. I just prefer it, don't have to leave the house and it's pretty much free. I am doing Jillian Michael's body revolution. My husband does P90X. Much cheaper than a monthly gym membership.

Have you tried Biggest Loser Cardio Max? Best 9 bucks I ever spent at Wallyworld.

I haven't! Maybe I will once I complete her 90 day program.
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Anytime Fitness because I mainly work out later at night and they fit my schedule! I am considering a switch to the local YMCA for the entire family though.
  • KLC2784
    KLC2784 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have been going to Plant Fitness for almost 4 years now... it's got all the basic stuff I need for a super cheap price per month and the hours are great (open 24 hours during the week, and 7am-7pm on weekends). I am also a martial artist, so I do a lot of training and conditioning in my dojo. I am also a runner and when the weather is nice I love nothing more than hitting the road for a nice long outdoor run.