Someone told me to stop lifting heavy yesterday.

Options

Replies

• vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Amazing overall but the face one is like a different person.
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Wow- what an incredible transformation
  • Cacoates90
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing, I am so impressed. You're a true inspiration.
  • arturo_marti
    arturo_marti Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What a great thing was that you did not follow his advice. That mentality is a very common error. The ideal range for lifting weights for fatloss is to being almost unable to make a 8 to 12th repetition . (it should be very difficult for you to lift that 10th rep!).

Did you by any chance read BFFM by Tom Venuto? I highly recommend it to everyone !
    Amazing results, your transformation is sensational.

just curious was the person who told you to stop lifting heavy weights a guy who you were out lifting? lol.

Hahaha. No, he could outlift me for sure. But he was trying to convince me of that "lighter weights, more reps" mentality and I was like heeeeck no!
    PSH he was just trying to warn you that after you lose thirty SIX pounds you start turning into a gigantic man hulk.

Also curious was he saying it was because you're a girl or because he's one of those guys who think more reps = smaller muscles and less reps = larger muscles?

Yeah he's one of those that thinks more reps = tones muscles. Which I guess it may for some, right? Not me apparently ;) hahaha.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    First of all you look amazing ( and you did before as well) but This is such an amazing story because you did it for your health and future!!!! You're an inspiration!!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    oh my god.
    incredible
  • snowmanluv
    snowmanluv Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I am inspired by your story and change. Way to go. Do what works for you. Might not be right for them. Especially if the results add up :)
  • jkp5023
    jkp5023 Posts: 4
    Options
    You've been lifting free weights? I'd love to figure out what I need to start doing weight wise to maximize my weight loss!
  • iliveintheshire
    Options
    You've been lifting free weights? I'd love to figure out what I need to start doing weight wise to maximize my weight loss!

Check out ChaLEAN Extreme!!!! =)
  • jkp5023
    jkp5023 Posts: 4
    Options

Check out ChaLEAN Extreme!!!! =)

Thanks!!! I will!
  • Kashaea
    Kashaea Posts: 14
    Options
    Awesome progress!
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Well done! You're entitled to celebrate when you do well! Keep up the good work!:smile:
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    You definitely need to stop LOL
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    you're hot :P well done
  • FitMrsR
    FitMrsR Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!! Well done :) oh...and do stop the heavy lifting, you're making the rest of us look bad :wink:
  • Shani_Shoo
    Shani_Shoo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    That is a fabulous result for 4 months. Well done, you should be so proud!
  • iliveintheshire
    Options
    That's amazing!! Well done :) oh...and do stop the heavy lifting, you're making the rest of us look bad :wink:

lmfao!!! ;)
  • iliveintheshire
    Options
    UPDATE: right after I posted this, I stopped eating healthy and exercising....lol. IRONY!!! But I didn't gain any weight I just completely recomped my body to be a lot of fat and no muscle. so I am back on my fitness game and am sooo happy to be back.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    it can be so easy to walk out on healthy eating and exercise.

This week I have been getting back into doing strength training stuff and my body is killing me today!
  • HelllYeaHH
    HelllYeaHH Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    incredible results!

Love that last pic. You're hot <3. Definitely keep lifting!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!