The Fast Metabolism Diet

Options

Replies

• meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Yeah you guys are right. I just need to focus on consistent healthy eating; I'm just in a rut with the same old dinners that aren't always low-fat or lower calorie.

Sounds like you just need some new recipes.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 9 of the Fast Metabolism Diet. I am looking for other people who are doing it, but apparently there are more people who are interested in slamming this plan without knowing anything about it. So annoying. Just because it has "diet" in the title (and that's not PC anymore!) doesn't mean it's bad. This is actually the best "diet" I have ever seen with the most healthy choices. I have lost 5.5 lbs so far. Mostly, people on this thread want to hear themselves talk and have a soapbox to stand on for their agenda. If you can't contribute about the diet, don't post on this thread!

Oh feisty.
    This is the internet and a public forum. People will post whatever opinion they want if you like it or not. That's the way it works.
    You found something you like, fine, then ignore anyone who's opinion you don't want to hear. No need to let us get to you.

This post requested opinions...and you want to bash people because they gave their opinion. Just because an opinion does not match yours doesn't mean that they have less of a right to post it.
  • GrannyGwen1
    GrannyGwen1 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • kabanda
    kabanda Posts: 1
    Options
    Don't be discouraged by the naysayers regarding this "food plan"! I won't even call it a diet, because it is unlike any "diet" I have ever tried before. I am 53 years old and never really had a problem with my weight until about 5 years ago. I need to lose 20-25 pounds to get back to my "normal weight". I've tried Weight Watchers and the weight came off slowly, to the tune of a pound or two a week -- but really noticed no improvement in the midsection area. I started the fast metabolism diet on April 22nd - I am now on day 9 and have lost 7 pounds already! I can already tell the difference in my clothes and feel fantastic. I foresee no problem in going the full 28 days and will definitely adopt the basic principles of this plan into my normal eating habits. I had forgotten how good "real food" could taste. I'm never hungry, have more energy and mental clarity. Toughest part for me was not having my evening glass of wine -- but look forward to adding that back in -- in moderation - after my 28 days. I managed with giving up my morning coffee and replaced it with hot lemon water or decaf green tea. The book is very well written and the plan is easy to follow with lots of great recipes. Loved the slow cooker recipes. Made up batches of the turkey chili and chicken & wild rice and froze for future weeks. The turkey jerky is also really good for snacks in phase 2. There is an exercise plan associated with the program, which is very reasonable -- and I'm even sticking to that (which is a first!) Give it try -- this is by far the most excited and encouraged I've been about changing my eating habits. Haylie provides great motivation in the book -- it's like having your own private nutritionist! I'm a busy person with a demanding career -- so if I can do it, anyone can!
  • JustineF100
    Options
    Does it work? I want to try it but am worried I will just end up gaining weight as I'm currently eating around 1200 calories a day. Also, I'm only 18 but I just want to make my metabolism as good as possible, do you think it will work for me even if i only have about 10lbs max to lose??
  • dawnrenee1
    dawnrenee1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I haven't posted here in the past but I want to share this with anyone I can. At 53 years old and nothing I had tried in the past was working, low carb, ketogenic, weight watcher, none of them. But I bought this book 14 days ago. Started the plan 12 day ago and have lost 10 lbs. Almost every recipe is really good (not crazy about the oatmeal smoothie) And i am never hungry.Unlike other plans, the meals can be planned so that you use everything you brought home from the store on your weekly shopping trip. My husband even likes all the food so I don't have to make anything special for him. This will be a easy life style change. Not just a fad.
  • swtiajenice
    swtiajenice Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Are you still dong the Fast Metabolism Diet? I'm reading the book right now and wanted to know the experiences of others you have tried it.
  • gardendi
    gardendi Posts: 1
    Options
    I read a short blurb standing in line at the store. I immediately downloaded the book onto my ipad. I started the diet today after yet another failed attempt at weight watchers. I made chicken and barley soup tonight. Deeeelish with no added fat. I'm talking good! I did add more varieties of veggies cause I had them. I bought all the ingredients for the week's recipes along with salad fixings. My bill was $107 for the week. Cheap for me. That is for 4 adults and I buy organic whenever possible. I cook most nights, so prep isn't an issue for me. What I like best...someone else made up the menu.

I'm willing to give it a go, though I may have to give up The Chew for a while. I love the recipes from the show, they are big on added fat. :flowerforyou:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Meh. Another celebrity nutritionist coddled by Dr. Oz. Pass.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Drunkenduckie
    Drunkenduckie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. :-)
  • SandraM329
    SandraM329 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello, I worked for a long time to lose weight. First it was Weight Watchers and then calorie counting on My Fitness Pal. I lost 3 pounds in months, eating what I thought was good food and exercising. I was extremely frustrated and one say I saw the plan on Dr. Oz. I tried it and I lost 15 lbs so far and I have NEVER felt better. For those that say that it doesn't work, I am living proof that it does work.

I don't crave sugar or junk foo anymore. Not only have I lost weight but my skin looks great, my hair is growing longer and my nails are stronger than ever. I sleep through the night and I have more energy than I know what to do with.

My vote: try it and don't wait another day.
  • tessiebear40
    tessiebear40 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been getting great low calorie recipes from www.eatingwell.com which covers a range of recipes from around the globe. I hope this helps :)
  • Marjo101
    Marjo101 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have their own meal plan with this diet that I could possibly use? I've mapped out my own but I don't if I can do the same thing for a whole 28days, new meals are always good to try so any help would be much appreciated! :)
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    The only thing fast about this is how much money they're going to rake in.
  • bradp1979
    bradp1979 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Don't waster your money. There is nothing unique to this diet. Basically it recommends eating healthy foods, but then adds a ridiculous layer of spin on top of that so they can sell you a book.

Note: that's the exact same formula for most diet books. The core is usually the same, but then they have to make up some magical BS on go with it in order to sell a book.

So what I'm reading is that I can write a book and make a ton of money? I can come up with 200+ pages of BS to pad "eat right and exercise"... lol
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    From Amazon.... The "silver bullet" no less!
    Haylie Pomroy has helped countless clients lose up to 20 pounds in just 4 weeks –all through the fat-burning power of food. Hailed as “the metabolism whisperer,” Haylie reminds us that food is not the enemy, it’s the rehab needed to rev-up your sluggish, broken-down metabolism and turn your body into a fat-burning furnace.

On this plan you’re going to eat a lot. You’re going to eat three full meals and at least two snacks a day – and you’re still going to lose weight. What you’re not going to do is count a single calorie or fat gram. You’re going not to ban entire food groups. You’re not going to go carb-free or vegan or go cold turkey on the foods you love. Instead, you’re going to rotate what you’re eating throughout each week according to a simple and proven plan carefully designed to induce precise physiological changes that will set your metabolism on fire.

Phase I (Monday-Tuesday): Lots of carbs and fruits
    Phase II (Wednesday-Thursday): Lots of proteins and veggies
    Phase III (Friday-Sunday): All of the above, plus healthy fats and oils

By keeping your metabolism guessing in this specific and deliberate way, you’ll get it working faster. This isn’t just a theory, it’s the results-based product of Haylie Pomroy’s successful programs. It’s worked for celebrities, for athletes, and for people with chronic illnesses who need to lose weight, doctor’s orders. Now it’s going to work for you.

In 4 weeks not only will you see the weight fall off, you’ll also see your cholesterol drop, your blood sugar stabilize, your energy increase, your sleep improve, and your stress dramatically reduce. All thanks to the miraculous power of real, delicious, satisfying food!

Plus, by switching up what you’re eating every few days, you’ll get to enjoy a greater variety of foods, so your palate will never feel bored or deprived. Complete with 4 weeks of meal plans and over 50 recipes – including vegetarian, organic, and gluten-free options – this is the silver bullet for the chronic dieter who has tried every fad diet and failed, the first time dieter attempting to kick her metabolism into gear, and anyone who wants to naturally and safely eat her way to a skinner, healthier self.

Thanks for the summary :) I think I'd rather focus on getting my macros and micros in daily. "Keeping my metabolism guessing" sounds odd to me.
  • AshyyMM
    AshyyMM Posts: 131
    Options
    I was just watching Good Morning America and there was a blurb on The Fast Metabolism Diet. Has anyone heard of this? Tried this? Seen results!?

I'm interested in purchasing the book because it outlines meals to eat and it would take so much guess-work out of my weekly meal planning! I feel like I eat pretty healthy (except for the more than occasional treat) but I havent seen any consistent weight loss - so maybe this would be good for me?

Thanks! :)

I've never heard of it.. However, I have just recently purchased a Jillian Michaels cookbook..and it just outlines meals to make that help boost your metabolism... Your still eating 4 or 5 meals a day (I forget what it has) but majority of the meals help boost your metabolism I guess.. I havent tried many of the recipes yet, I just bought the cookbook last week, I've made a few recipes from it.. the reality is I ate alot of the food as it is already so I just found new way to cook them :)... but It's likely just a gimmick. I've found this out the hard way through many of the fad diets out.. the reality behind them all is that if you don't continue to eat exact foods they suggest or whatever, you gain back everything you lost..
  • greyfoxx006
    greyfoxx006 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've done the research on this diet and my mum and i got our books on it today and the science and results are sound. And you can do it as often as you want (i.e. 1 months or 3 months). I'll be starting this diet next week. :)
  • Walking2Lose
    Walking2Lose Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Lindaw, one of my friends just bought this book online and told me she is very interested in trying it. So, that got me interested and I started googling it and signed up for the app on my phone. My friend seems determined that she will lose 20 pounds on this diet where in reality it says up to 20 lbs. I hope she can do and I hope you can as well. I am a VERY picky eater and doubt I will stick with this if I try it LOL..I am on a low calorie diet and am doing ok on it.
    Good luck and keep us posted!
    Darlene
    I bought the book after seeing the segment on Good Morning America and I'm alsmost done with the book. The author explains how your metabolism and hormones work and how you can destroy your metabolism over time with all the different types of diets you may have tried over your lifetime. The theory behind her food plan is to cross train your body with food, like you would use exercise to cross train your body. It is meant to reset your metabolism and in the process you will lose weight. Once you have completed the 28 days your metabolism is repaired. Now when Thanksgiving and Christmas come around you can enjoy yourself and your body will burn the calories instead of hold onto every single thing you put into your body. I'm willing to give this a try for 28 days as I know I've done major damage to my metabolism. I'm currently exercising every day and eating 1500 - 1600 calories and I've not lost anything, but a few inches, while my husband has lost 25 pounds by eliminating soda!

I would rather spend $13.00 on a book that can educate me on nutritional information than on any magic diet pill.

So please don't respond if you want to tell me that I'm wasting my time or money. I have learned a lot of things I never knew about my body chemistry. Our weight loss journeys are all about educating ourselves and some trial and error. We are all different and what works for one person, may not work for another. That's why I love this site because you can learn so much from what has and has not worked for people in their weight loss journey.

By the way, I'm 46 years old and I lost 50 pounds 12 years ago, but what worked for me then is not working for me now. You all look young and probably haven't done the damage that I've done to my body over the years :noway: .
  • muttmom105
    Options
    Looking for updates...how are people doing on this? How does it work to maintain the weight losses? Has anyone had problems gaining back weight?