BLACK GIRLS WORKOUT TOO!!

Options

Replies

• Mrskitchens
    Options
    I love this DVD.. It works all the muscles and keeps the curves that "we" love .. Lana gives us the "Business" with those squats!!
  • ginp376
    ginp376 Posts: 2
    Options
    Going to order mine this weekend I'm excited!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    What DVD is this? lol
  • sblake204
    sblake204 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Whoo I'm gonna have to check this out, bc I do workout and i go hard, EVERYDAY!!!

Girl Power!!!!!
  • angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Really? I have never heard that before! I know black men do =) We have the cutest black couple in the gym...they are older, in their 60's - 70's and she does the classes and is awesome. They are there daily. Do you watch RHOA? If so, which of the 2 video's would you buy? I don't do home video's but Phaedra's is a top seller! Get your workout on and you will have great results too.

If I purchased either one of their videos it would be Phaedra's because I REALLY dislike Kenya! :huh:
  • Soulflwr
    Soulflwr Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! I just looked at some review...I'm impressed by some of these transformation! I just might check this one out. Thanks for sharing! :)
  • angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have to admit, I don't like sweating my hair out. My brother in law calls my hair an "idol god" LOL!! For that reason I chose walking as my preferred method of exercise. Although it was a pretty vigorous walk and I did sweat, the wind factor kept it to a minimum most times. I sweat really bad in my head (all over really), so killing my hairdo was a no no. BUT, I'm currently transitioning from relaxed to natural hair, and with that I've incorporated more intense levels of workouts.

Thanks for this post. I hadn't heard of this DVD before, but I will definitely check it out.
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Learn something new every day -- I had no idea this was a thing!

All the best with your workout! Go get it!!

Me either. Never heard that black girls didn't work out in the first place.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    A link for the lazy: http://blackgirlsworkouttoo.com/
  • demitraknows
    demitraknows Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Seems like its a good DVD to purchase. I used to skip working out to prevent my perm from sweating out but I have been perm free for two years now and my hair does not even frizz like it did when I spent hours getting perms. I stopped when I got preggo with my second kid but I wish I had the energy to workout during the whole time and i wouldnt be this size today. Oh well I am back at it with a vengeance and i will get rid of these thunder thighs...

Got my eye on a bathing suit and I will reach my goal weight!!!
  • EbTay0304
    EbTay0304 Posts: 3
    Options
    Just purchased the DVD a few days ago. I've done it twice so far. But only once all the way through. I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing some of the results I've seen others experience. I'm also new to myfitnesspal. ADD ME!
  • nikkibrown_78
    Options
    I just ordered this DVD along with the abolene cleanser that supposed to make u sweat from Amazon so i'm excited to get it. I also got the total body curve down by Anowa Adjah. I cant wait to start them. Feel free to add me!
  • Lei9785gha
    Lei9785gha Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    How did this dvd work for u?
  • Class_Act
    Class_Act Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just got mine in the mail yesterday and I'm excited to start today! i went out and got dumbells and Yoga mat before work this morning.
  • Ms_Mika28
    Ms_Mika28 Posts: 1
    Options
    Can somebody email me the meal plan and detox please
  • quilasoul
    quilasoul Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Can somebody email me the meal plan and detox please

what's your email?
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I got my video a few weeks ago. Working my way through it. so far I have been able to master the first 30 mins or so. Anybody have any idea how many calories the dvd burns?

My fitness friends and I invested $28 for a Sportline watch (Walmart and other stores) which you can set with your info and then it registers how many calories you burn. There are more expensive versions out there (which I bought and returned since they didn't work right) and some with body bands for your chest but in the end the Sportline was great for beginners and easy to program. Note, if you get sweaty you have to dry off your arm or it won't work correctly. It has really helped me to figure this all out. You should also try to the HipHopAbs, really easy to follow and I have dropped so many pounds and inches really just from following a few of the easier workouts with the modifications, and cutting out sweets. We are all in this together!! Best of luck!!:flowerforyou:
  • 22dream
    22dream Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    GOT MY DVD TODAY HAS ANYONE SEEN RESULTS???
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Go Black Girls!:drinker: :flowerforyou:

From A White Girl.
  • 22dream
    22dream Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    JUST GOT THE DVD TODAY!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!