Avocado... What to do with it?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• DoubleClick88
    Options
    My favorite thing is something my dad started doing with extras is making avocado salad. He just cubes avocados and tomatoes and then I usually "dress" it with lime juice. Super simple, super delish.
  • Koholint
    Koholint Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Not sure if anyone has said this yet, but I love sliced avocado on a cold-cut ham sandwich. With shredded lettuce and cheese, yum!

I once had leftover avocado slices from tacos, so I had an open-faced fried egg on top of avocado on toast, for breakfast. Wish I had some now...
  • deeds2785
    deeds2785 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dedicated2014
    dedicated2014 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I use it in place of mayo or dressings. Half of an avocado + a couple of tablespoons of greek yogurt...I put it on sandwiches, salads, or use it as a dip.

I also eat it by itself. :)
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Free avocado cookbook via Kindle today :)

http://dealnews.com/lw/artclick.html?2,709827,3788322
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I love avacado. I would love to know how to keep it fresh and from turning brown before i can use the entire thing. I end up throwing half of it away in a couple days.
  • Meadows18
    Meadows18 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Cut avocado in half, remove the pit, crack an egg into the pit hole and bake in oven until the egg is cooked how you like your eggs and then top with salsa before serving....yummy breakfast.

Definetly will try this in the morning. Sounds delish.