What's your favorite vegetable and how do you cook it?

Options

Replies

• paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti-squash. Roasted in the oven with a little olive oil.
  • musicboxes
    musicboxes Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Love most cooked veggies but our recent fav is cauliflower as mock mashed potatoes.
  • paleojoe
    Options
    Asparagas... olive oil... salt... fire up the grill!
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    bump.. want some veggies
  • paleojoe
    Options
    Love most cooked veggies but our recent fav is cauliflower as mock mashed potatoes.

You know I do the same thing broccoli...
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Asparagus. The thin ones I love raw. If they are a little thick I like to roast them for a few with a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    bump
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I love squash of all kinds. Spaghetti squash I steam in the microwave and then serve like pasta with either a tomato or pesto sauce. Zucchini I love to cut into slices and stir fry in a but of butter or olive oil. Sugar snap peas are amazing raw. I also really, really love potatoes far more than any human being should. I like to bake a few of them and then I can use leftovers to make hash browns. (I really can't get behind the whole "carbs are evil" trend.)
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I like to use up all my leftovers and make creamy vegetable soup with a miso base and tahini.
  • raquelserna7
    Options
    Brussels sprouts! Sautéed in olive oil, sprinkled with salt. I have some white truffle salt that I sprinkle on after they're done cooking. I used to make them with bacon, but I don't think I'll be doing that as much as I used to ????
  • kp82883
    kp82883 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • hikezilla
    hikezilla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Green beans...cooked any way or even raw in the summer time
    Cucumbers - chilled, sliced, sprinkled with chili powder and some lime juice. You can eat about 100 of them.
    Celery raw
    Carrots raw or steamed
    Broccoli nearly raw...nothing i hate more than overcooked broccoli <blech>
    TATERS!!! Never met a tater I didn't like....it's a shame.
    Beans...I love just about every kind of bean there is except for Fordhook Lima beans.
    Peanuts...in peanut butter
    Hot peppers, all kinds, cooked, or raw
    Lettuce and cabbage - mostly raw...love me some sauerkraut though...but not cooked...i like it cold, right out of the bag/can
  • Cavegirlbelly
    Options
    Recently, red bell peppers! One of few veggies I can eat raw. But it's great sauteed with some olive oil and your favorite spices, in pasta sauce, dipped in a dip, baked, grilled, or even just microwaved with some oil. Simplicity is key for me.
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Asparagus - I rinse it, put it on an oiled pan, sprinkle a VERY LITTLE BIT of olive oil, and then add salt and pepper and a teeny bit of Cajun seasoning. Bake it until it's tender and a nice dark green - delicious!!!
  • LittleNicci
    LittleNicci Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Any kind of squash cooked pretty much any way possible

Zucchini/summer squash sauteed - added to eggs for breakfast or pasta sauce and noodles for lunch/dinner

Butternut squash - roasted, eaten as is or pureed into a soup

Spaghetti squash - roasted, scooped out and used as alternate for noodles

Eggplant - oven fried
  • BarbarainMN
    Options
    I love brussel sprouts! I've never pancooked them but I clean, cut in half, toss with olive oil, garlic salt, maybe cumin, and put in oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. The overcooked leaves are my favorite part! Tonight I did the same with chopped broccoli, orange bell pepper and kale, but only 10 minutes. Amazing. Ate it all with cottage cheese... So yummy..
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    bump lol - started to type "busy" instead....pretty much
  • bump for later
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Probably spinach. I eat it a lot!

Mostly I use it in salads, smoothies and scrambled eggs. I also throw a couple of handfuls into soup on the regular.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I love all veggies!

Steamed or grilled broccoli, because it's so dang cheap, and always delicious

steamed or grilled cauliflower

steamed or grilled zucchini and summer squash, with a little butter salt and pepper

boiled or roasted brussels sprouts

fresh green beans sauteed with onion, tomato and olive oil and just a dash of crushed red pepper to give it a kick

Grilled asparagus with olive oil and a squeeze of lemon (sometimes I wrap a couple spears in strips of bacon before grilling them, omg!)

Romaine lettuce salad with diced tomato, grated carrot, slivered almonds, cubed avocado and a little thousand island dressing (add grilled chicken to that and you have an awesome full lunch)

caramelized onion, I could eat a bowl of it plain! But I also like to top a nice rare steak with a big pile of it.

Hot peas with just a little butter, sat and pepper, either fresh or frozen are both good

sauteed bell peppers, great plain as a side, or added to omelettes, fajitas or sandwiches

steamed or grilled baby carrots, with a little butter and a drizzle of sugar-free maple syrup over top.

And can't forget my sweet potatoes! I just stab one with a fork and microwave for 4 min and eat with a spoon with salt and pepper

All delicious!!