What is the most romantic thing a spouse can do for you?

Options
12346»

Replies

• DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I find it's the little things, as cliche as it is. Like today, I was feeling utter ****. He ran me a hot bath, and when I was in too much pain to wash my hair, he came in and did it for me without complaint or hesitation. Sometimes the things that seem irrelevant make the biggest impact :)
  • TheWiseCat
    TheWiseCat Posts: 297
    Options
    You're going to get me divorce papers served! are you nuts!!!!

You really should be thanking me.

and actions feel better than words...
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Just celebrated 30 years of marriage. The most romantic thing you can do is fix something the other one messed up in a way that they don't even know you did it. You never let them know.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    3rd input.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    blow job by 2
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Last weekend my husband bought me flowers and a perfume I had been wanting. He also bought me a lily plant since it's my favorite. All of this "just because."
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    oral

FTW. Thank you, you are correct.

Well if that isn't already customary in the relationship (both ways), I'd be ditching it.

No, no, it's customary, but when you're married for a long time you have to make it seem more special by saying it's a romantic gesture. That way then there is less you have to do as customary romance cuz what is considered romantic by many is actually pretty stupid.

You have to SELL it to your spouse as pure romance.

Blah. If I ever have a spouse that requires me to sell romance or expects to sell it to me, I'll take a hop in the bathtub with a toaster. I'm not mainstream romantic, but my actions I feel are sufficient to effectively display feelings. When sex becomes a special "thing" then it becomes rare and essentially a commodity in the relationship and then gets used as a weapon against the other partner. If that ****-storm comes my way, I'm out. I have no desire to manipulate someone nor be manipulated by them.

You are a wise cat. I hate when women treat sex in that manner. Romance is spiritual not physically.