31 dead and over 200 injured in bombings today

Options
12346»

Replies

• So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    1) Would this have been posted if the Boston bombing didn't happen? Nope
    2) That being said the article was only posted to make a point, which would have been better served tomorrow.

This is exactly what I was thinking. While I tend to stay out of topics like this, OP - you created it solely due to your own agenda and desire to make a point.

Fortunately, there are those of us who sympathize when unfortunate events happen, wherever they happen and don't use them in a bid for one-upmanship on a fitness website.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    For one minute I thought it was about Boston then saw the URL.

Enough with the killing already !! We are the only species on earth who kills his own for no reason (no good enough reasons!)

This needs to STOP

agree 100%! A topic on what we should do to stop this, is the kind of thread we need to start seeing everywhere on social sites. IMO

We won't be able to on this site or on most others, except in the politics forums various users start. And to some extent I see why. I've seen political threads get so heated as they rolled over with thousands of comments that I'm surprised they didn't catch my monitor on fire. I wouldn't want to moderate that, either.

And many forum admins flat out refuse to.

Problem is, the people who will participate for hours in a political thread still won't join a political forum or sub forum, or if they do they join one made up of people who think as they do, creating echo chambers instead of legitimate discussion.
This discussion has been closed.