Herbalife? Anyone try this to aid weight loss?

Options

Replies

• DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    first off-sorry to the OP for all the discouraging comments.
    so many high and mighty people here think they know best.

so many people here use protein shakes to supplement but since you mentioned Herbalife your getting negative feed back. If it came from GNC that wouldn't happen.

do what works for you. Herbalife and others have worked for many people. Just don't become dependant on it.

good luck to u

dw_SnarkWeek5of4.jpg
  • GRIMMRS
    GRIMMRS Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 5'4", when I was in labor with my third daughter I was 203 pounds. Gave birth to her July 2, 2012. I was determined not to take as long to lose the weight as I had with my first 2 pregnancies. I began herbalife december 15th 2012, by April 15th 2013 I had lost 50 pound. I have a family history of heart disease on both sides of my family, lost my grandmother last year to heart/respiratory compliantions(also morbidly obese 500+ pounds when she passed)so being healthy and energetic is very important to me
  • angelosene
    Options
  • angelosene
    Options
    Well done for coming back to us despite the scale not moving

I'm just curious, why did you stop logging your food?

You seem to go out of your way to push down your negative opinions about Herbalife down others throats. The irony is you haven't even tried this product.
    P:S dont even try to accuse me of being a distributor or a poster for herbalife cause I'm not and I will never be one.
  • RaggedyAnnazon
    RaggedyAnnazon Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I looked into Herbalife too. It seems like a good consept...but.......when the guy talked about the products, it literally sounded like he was addicted. Like....he explained how panicked he was when he ran out of something and literally used the shaking hand gesture tweakers get when they're coming down. It might've just been him trying to push how "nessecery" the products were. But even when I tried the shakes I found myself craving more. Not a good sign in my book.

I would just use a good quality whey protine. A friend of mine is a body builder and told me the crapier, cheaper whey protines have a lot of filler that can mess up you're system. So i would shop around.
  • missionquestthing
    missionquestthing Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a fan of the shakes but their water mixes were yummy and filling.
  • RaggedyAnnazon
    RaggedyAnnazon Posts: 183 Member
    Options

Did you try any of their other products? if so, what did you think?
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Save your money for disney world.
  • missionquestthing
    missionquestthing Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Did you try any of their other products? if so, what did you think?

no just the shakes and the protein water mixes. I didnt like the shakes at all ( I like the special K ones) but the water was totally worth what i paid and kept me full through a day on campus.
  • AppleberryFit
    Options
    Herbalife is just a pyramid scam. Anybody can loose weight without their products. Because the weight loss is rapid with Herbalife, people tend to get excited and hyped about the program. One thing to remember; in order to maintain the same amount of results, you need to continue buying their products and that's exactly where they get you to spend your money.

You are better off eating 5 protein based meals/day no more than 1 cup (1/3 protein 2/3 veggies or complement it with protein powder in 8 oz shake) and 2 cups for dinner and you will get the same results; drink green tea, reduce sugar and salt and there you have it! A Free Diet Plan. Good luck to all :smile:
  • TMariepr
    TMariepr Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I actually started doing the Herbalife shakes just for my breakfast. I have used ITWorks and Shakeology. They both where over priced. Herbalife has helped me stay consistent with eating. To handle the suppressing of your appetite, I added fruit or flaxseed.

Overall it has been good for me. As for any other company like Beachbody or ITWorks, all of them are network marketing companies and could easily be called Pyramid Schemes.
  • jcampbell288
    jcampbell288 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I either make my breakfast the night before or do something quck - my new fav is a greek yogurt and banana
    another thing I do is grapes, a babybel cheese and toast- that plus a v8 fusion energy keeps me good till lunch
  • akirahpooh
    Options
    I started herbalife 6 months ago with the aloe, tea and shake a d I lost 75lbs so far...it work as long as you do right.the shake is to replace a meal and it has over 16 vitamins and minerals that is essential to a meal..the key to the weight loss and everybody at my club is happy.but if you eat wrong then you waisting your money..it is. Cheaper to buy the month supply ...I tried other stuff it didn't work but I am a distributor now and I no it work..
  • tricdoll86
    Options
    Herbalife does what people says it does. Yes I agree you can eat healthy and get the same results. However, there are so many vitamins that you don't get in what you eat combined all day. It actually costs more at a grocery store for all the vegetables and fruits you would need to equal what you get out of Herbalife. The first week I noticed my focus and energy were way better than they have been. Its just a life style choice...any diet you do you have to diet and exercise...I personally love how I feel on Herbalife! And people saying it is a pyramid scheme obviously don't know what one is. That doesn't mean its a bogus diet that's all about money and who's selling under who. Hense pyramid. If it works it works end of story.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Herbalife does what people says it does.

No it doesn't
    Yes I agree you can eat healthy and get the same results. However, there are so many vitamins that you don't get in what you eat combined all day.

No there aren't
    It actually costs more at a grocery store for all the vegetables and fruits you would need to equal what you get out of Herbalife.

No it wouldn't
    The first week I noticed my focus and energy were way better than they have been. Its just a life style choice...any diet you do you have to diet and exercise...

No you don't
    I personally love how I feel on Herbalife! And people saying it is a pyramid scheme obviously don't know what one is. That doesn't mean its a bogus diet that's all about money and who's selling under who. Hense pyramid.

It's a pyramid scheme. People are promised they can make a salary by selling overpriced goods, that are actually all about recruiting more and more people under you
    If it works it works end of story.

In the long term, it doesn't.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it gor 2 days and when I eat real food, lets just say I'm on the toilet a lot. Rather have slim fast shake.
  • 170oakst
    170oakst Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi thatjengirl, actually when I began my weight loss journey, I did supplement some meals with a shake. Those shakes can be pretty expensive, so I discovered the Equate brand sold at Walmart, about $4.99 for a six pack only 180 calories. I wish you the best of luck, I know it can be hard saying no to the junk food when it's in your house.
  • lollipoprincess
    lollipoprincess Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Just a scam, check big lots, if you have one. I find some yummy ready to go protein shakes for 1/3 of the price they are in walmart or target.
  • coconuttjd
    coconuttjd Posts: 37
    Options
    I have never been a fan of any of the weight loss products. I won't say they won't work but it is too easy to fall off the wagon using those products. Its hard as hell to eat clean sometimes. I am a pizza fanatic and when anyone in my house gets it I go for a jog or go to the gym anything to get away from it. Remember that your goal is to be healthier.

Pizza is the best food... ever.

But yeah, I can really only indulge my pizza addiction once a month now.
  • abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Many many years ago I was faced in a busy street in Copenhagen by two people who gave me a Little speach on Health and weightlos. I quickly guessed that they where pushing herbalite and let them rant for a few minutes until the infamous Word "overweight" where spoken. I admit I was somewhat overwheight back then. (And I still am ,- but I never want to talk to strangers about it... ;-) And herballife was allready infamous for being a pyramid-scam.
    So I in a very Cold voice asked them: "And why are you telling me this.... "??????? I just knew in my Heart, they wouldn´t dare to call me overweight.
    They got so embarrased and redfaced... said nothing, and I just stared with my eyebrows up....!!! It was priceless. I still laugh thinking about it.
    herballife is not for me.... ;-) and the people who push herballife I would recommend to get an honest job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!