Herbalife? Anyone try this to aid weight loss?

Options

Replies

• VictoriasImage77
    VictoriasImage77 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I used Herbalife intermittently along with working out for about 5 months and lost 30lbs. It just got too expensive.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    first off-sorry to the OP for all the discouraging comments.
    so many high and mighty people here think they know best.

so many people here use protein shakes to supplement but since you mentioned Herbalife your getting negative feed back. If it came from GNC that wouldn't happen.

do what works for you. Herbalife and others have worked for many people. Just don't become dependant on it.

good luck to u

There is a difference in having a protein shake to supplement your diet to meet your protein macros, and replacing a meal with a shake.

MRP's from GNC (Lean Shake), Walmart, Target, insert store, get the same feedback. Those threads die out because they don't fill with distributors selling the product.
  • ymeli2303
    Options
    Wanna know something @Brad Thats GOOD for you!! Theres no reason for you to be rude. Your not the only one that has lost weight like that and if i decide to use herbalife, thats my problem!
  • H0neybug
    H0neybug Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It is true...it's not a big secret. The ONLY way to lose weight is to eat right and exercise more. How you decide to eat is totally up to you. There are plenty of products, Herbalife included, that help to take the guess work out of what you eat. If you can make a balanced meal via the grocery store go for it. For others it is easier to add a couple of shake meal replacements to their diets, whether they are Herbalife, Shakeology, Slim Fast, GNC, the list goes on and on...

The difference with Herbalife for me is that I have a network of real people that help me, not just with the products, but with every day eating questions and exercise. Not all products offer you the support system like Herbalife does. Do they want to make money? Yes, but so does the sales guy at GNC or Walmart. I can call or message a fellow Herbalife team member any time of day and get help.

Does Herbalife work? It works like any other meal plan if you follow it. I actually have breakfast (a Mudslide shake) every morning, eat a regular meal (clean) at lunch, and have my second shake for dinner. I snack throughout the day on veggies, soy nuts, almonds, greek yogurt, but keep my calorie intake to about 1500 calories consistently.

Any "diet" should be a lifestyle change and not temporary. Even on days that I miss a shake I still make healthy eating decisions...you won't catch me at a drive thru restaurant. Most importantly I'm trying to pass this lifestyle change on to my children, by supplying them with healthy options, shakes included, over the old processed food options. I cringe when I think of the money I've spent buying empty calorie/nutrition food for them.

Find what works for you. I'm not going to tell you something doesn't work if I haven't tried it. Herbalife works for a lot of people, myself and my family included, but like anything it is what you put into it. Everyone thinks that their plan works the best when in truth it's just the plan that works for them.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't touch that stuff, or protein powder, protein shakes, WTF. Just eat natural food, lots of vegetables and fruit, potatoes, salads, nuts, cheese, real meats, avoid processed food as much as possible, and try to stay away from canned crap, bags of gluten snacks, junk like Cheetos and that sort of thing..
  • ruhenamiah
    Options
    Well i have watched a close friend do herbalife for 4 weeks and she has lost a stone and half. She is now maintaining the weight by eating healthily and smaller portions - and this is what it teaches you (or should). For those that say it didnt work because the scales remain the same - remember exercise will also build muscle - which weighs more than fat, therefore you should be measuring and watching how your clothes fit instead. I agree that herbalife or any shake diet shouldnt become a long term solution because no matter how well it works its not FOOD so you will miss important nutirition. But heyy...as a kick start to your weight loss why not? and lets be real A LOT OF US don't really give our 100% to a diet/gym routine unless we see results! From personal experience once I see a good few pounds drop on the scales that's when it really hits me! I suddenly don't want those chips, or that oreo's milkshake!

Today is my first day on herbalife, I have had 1 cookies & cream formula 1 shake for breakfast. A herbalife chocolate & peanut protein bar as a snack. Lunch was grilled chicken w/steamed vegetables. I am also attending circuit classes 3x a week. My dinner tonight will be another shake.

I will weigh and measure myself a wk from now (next thurs) and update you.

So to summarize, i think you should go for it! Its not a long term solution but definitely a kick start to weight loss, and the amount it costs - tbh you probably would spend more if you add up all the work lunches/snacks and takeaways you buy!
  • bethompson91
    bethompson91 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I went on it because all of my mates that use it look amazing - If you stick to it, it works and will improve digestion. If you can eat healthy meals instead - do that! Its all about commitment to being healthy, not a miracle cure.
  • SoreTodayStrongTomorrow222
    Options
    Herbalife sucks - very little protein per shake and lots of sugar. You'd be better off with a protein powder you get from WalMart or somewhere.
  • janelann222
    Options
    I agree with a lot of the above posts, in that don't try and lose weight to quickly or look for a quick fix (I have been there). The goal is to make lifestyle changes so you are more likely to stick with them. You will slip up but it's better to eat healthy 6/7 days a week then 0/7. That being said I do think protein shakes/supplements are ok when used in moderation. A cheap and convenient alternative, I just go to Walmart and buy their cheap 4 pack of total protein shakes (I like the chocolate). I throw one in the blender with some ice cubes, a half of a banana (can freeze the banana overnight if you want), and a teaspoon of peanut butter. This tastes amazing, you get protein, a chocolate fix (for those chocoholics like me), low calorie, and fruit serving. You could also get the GNC total lean shakes and do the same thing (but they are more expensive and have a little more calories in them). I am a fan of the GNC shakes as well though.

good luck
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Herbalife sucks - very little protein per shake and lots of sugar. You'd be better off with a protein powder you get from WalMart or somewhere.

What sugar? they're low in sugar lol
  • H0neybug
    H0neybug Posts: 47 Member
    Options

Actually if you make the shake using skim milk you get 17 grams of protein and only 5 grams of sugar, if you use the protein drink mix instead of milk you get 24 grams of protein and still less than 6 grams of sugar.

Your body can only process so much protein at once, so I don't know why you would want anything with any more protein, not to mention the Herbalife shakes taste way better than any other protein shake product I have tasted...but then again I don't buy food at Walmart either...lol
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options

Actually if you make the shake using skim milk you get 17 grams of protein and only 5 grams of sugar, if you use the protein drink mix instead of milk you get 24 grams of protein and still less than 6 grams of sugar.

Your body can only process so much protein at once, so I don't know why you would want anything with any more protein, not to mention the Herbalife shakes taste way better than any other protein shake product I have tasted...but then again I don't buy food at Walmart either...lol

How much protein can my body process then? You're clearly fully qualified to answer, not just a sales rep.
  • ruhenamiah
    Options
    Well i have watched a close friend do herbalife for 4 weeks and she has lost a stone and half. She is now maintaining the weight by eating healthily and smaller portions - and this is what it teaches you (or should). For those that say it didnt work because the scales remain the same - remember exercise will also build muscle - which weighs more than fat, therefore you should be measuring and watching how your clothes fit instead. I agree that herbalife or any shake diet shouldnt become a long term solution because no matter how well it works its not FOOD so you will miss important nutirition. But heyy...as a kick start to your weight loss why not? and lets be real A LOT OF US don't really give our 100% to a diet/gym routine unless we see results! From personal experience once I see a good few pounds drop on the scales that's when it really hits me! I suddenly don't want those chips, or that oreo's milkshake!

Today is my first day on herbalife, I have had 1 cookies & cream formula 1 shake for breakfast. A herbalife chocolate & peanut protein bar as a snack. Lunch was grilled chicken w/steamed vegetables. I am also attending circuit classes 3x a week. My dinner tonight will be another shake.

I will weigh and measure myself a wk from now (next thurs) and update you.

So to summarize, i think you should go for it! Its not a long term solution but definitely a kick start to weight loss, and the amount it costs - tbh you probably would spend more if you add up all the work lunches/snacks and takeaways you buy!
    So from my experience i weighed, scales were exactly the same! But that could be due to completing Corcuits 3x a week... But i also measured and have lost a total of 6.5 inches all over.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Well done for coming back to us despite the scale not moving

I'm just curious, why did you stop logging your food?
  • Cskinner2
    Cskinner2 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just eat healthy and workout. No supplements, pills or fancy gimmicks needed. Some of that stuff is not good for you at all. You can do it, it takes more time for some of us
  • Tight_Fit
    Tight_Fit Posts: 453
    Options
    I used food and lost 80 lbs. When I didn't want breakfast, I made a smoothies out of frozen mixed fruit and orange juice. Way cheaper, and you know exactly what's going in you!
  • ceceg13
    ceceg13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I currently have the Herbalife French Vanilla powder and use it on those days where I am either running late and need something quick or if I know I'll be eating out somewhere later on (family dinner, birthday dinner, etc) and am trying to save my calories for that meal. My herbalife shakes are usually 190-195 calories. I use 8oz of vanilla soy milk and just 1 scoop of powder (2 is too much for me) and I usually add a banana or strawberries. BTW the shakes taste delicious! I am picky about what I eat. I don't like the taste of "diet" foods (particularly in desserts, I love to eat healthy meals but diet tasting desserts is where I draw the line) so I normally just eat clean all week long so that I can have a real dessert on the weekend (it keeps me sane). There are very few other protein powders I can tolerate without gagging from the after taste but the Herbalife shakes are amazing- so far I've tried French vanilla, chocolate, and cookies and cream.Hope this helps :)
  • Hearts_on_Fire
    Hearts_on_Fire Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi All -

Have any of you used Herbalife to supplement your weight loss? A friend of mine (older adult w/ a child) sells it and is really pushing me to try it. She keeps trying to get me to sign up for a body scan and try Herbalife. I've read mixed reviews on it, and honestly have never used shakes before. My intention was to maybe use one as breakfast - as I am not a breakfast fan. I just feel so blah when I eat breakfast - or like millions, I "have no time."

I am trying to change my habits and eat healthy, but with a goal of 100lb. weight loss - I feel like I could use the extra boost. Tips/thoughts on Herbalife?

Jen

Real friends don't try to push their sales crap on their friends.

If I had a friend who kept trying to con me out of my hard earned cash I'd tell them to keep their hands to themselves if they wanted to keep being friends.

Do you plan on doing this the rest of your life? I really believe it's about moderation NOT deprivation. There are no good or bad foods, only bad eating habits. Make a lifestyle change and you'll be able to get the weight off and keep it off.

Read this...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet?hl=short+sweet+<span class=

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    It is true...it's not a big secret. The ONLY way to lose weight is to eat right and exercise more. How you decide to eat is totally up to you. There are plenty of products, Herbalife included, that help to take the guess work out of what you eat. If you can make a balanced meal via the grocery store go for it. For others it is easier to add a couple of shake meal replacements to their diets, whether they are Herbalife, Shakeology, Slim Fast, GNC, the list goes on and on...

The difference with Herbalife for me is that I have a network of real people that help me, not just with the products, but with every day eating questions and exercise. Not all products offer you the support system like Herbalife does. Do they want to make money? Yes, but so does the sales guy at GNC or Walmart. I can call or message a fellow Herbalife team member any time of day and get help.

Does Herbalife work? It works like any other meal plan if you follow it. I actually have breakfast (a Mudslide shake) every morning, eat a regular meal (clean) at lunch, and have my second shake for dinner. I snack throughout the day on veggies, soy nuts, almonds, greek yogurt, but keep my calorie intake to about 1500 calories consistently.

Any "diet" should be a lifestyle change and not temporary. Even on days that I miss a shake I still make healthy eating decisions...you won't catch me at a drive thru restaurant. Most importantly I'm trying to pass this lifestyle change on to my children, by supplying them with healthy options, shakes included, over the old processed food options. I cringe when I think of the money I've spent buying empty calorie/nutrition food for them.

Find what works for you. I'm not going to tell you something doesn't work if I haven't tried it. Herbalife works for a lot of people, myself and my family included, but like anything it is what you put into it. Everyone thinks that their plan works the best when in truth it's just the plan that works for them.

I have a network of people who help me too.
    It's called my family, my friends and my MFP FL.

I make up the diet and I love it.

I eat a drive through restaurants. I eat at mom & pop restaurants. I eat at home. I eat candy and cookies and all the other good stuff.

My only problem? I am having trouble finding time to buy smaller clothes!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!