Herbalife? Anyone try this to aid weight loss?

Options

Replies

• scrappermom96
    scrappermom96 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I too used herbalife years ago and say I was not a huge fan of it. I didnt loose as much weight as I have here with support of mfp. I also found the shakes to get very old and it wasnt teaching me portion control one bit. I am a firm believer now that the only way a person is going to loose the weight they want and keep it off is to count your calories and exercise. Yes, shakes may be for one person but it is a lifetime thing and can really add up. Good luck and remember we are all here to help you with your goals. If you wish to add me for some added support please do!!
  • tsmoore925
    tsmoore925 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi did herbalife last year for about 5 months I just did the shakes, I wanted a meal replacement not just a protein shake which is what there is, but I had to add a bunch of stuff to them, it took so much time to make them! I just fell off from them! I recently discovered Advocare which is pretty much like Herbalife I THINK, but their shakes are a meal replacement and all i do is add water and they are so YUMMY! And feel me up! I was so impressed by Adbocare! they also have a energy drink called SPARK that I cant live without! So If your willing to spend the money I would say go with Advocare! I am NOT a consultant for them either, I just in love with their products!

Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • Speedtrap
    Speedtrap Posts: 216
    Options
    I love how the people saying how great the product is joined today and have one or two forum posts.
    It makes me believe that they were alerted to this thread by Google alerts and are only here to defend a product with questionable claims at best.
    You would be better off to save your money and see a nutritionist, and personal trainer.
  • RockstarPunch
    RockstarPunch Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I suppose that is true! My fiance is a MAJOR junk food fien, which makes it hard for me since we live together. I feel so 'greasy' and 'bleh;' when I eat junk....just so hard to stay on track!

:flowerforyou: start cooking yummy healthy stuff, jazz it up and find some cookbooks and he'll get off the junk.

~herbalife is a TRIP:grumble: . its a lot of stimulants and water weight fiddling. :sick: I wouldnt recommend it. I went to their pyramid scheme shpeal and had a free "greentea aloe wash drink" which kept me up for 48hrs straight:drinker: , teeth clenching and all:ohwell: , with a horrible crash and burn and head ache. lost weight cuz i couldnt eat being that amped up. I wouldnt do it:noway:

Try meal substitute shakes with less additives, make your own shakes. fiddle with your food*:heart:
  • jmorrisof2
    jmorrisof2 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have used Herbalife off and on in the past. I actually have the Wildberry Shake on hand currentl that I use for a quick breakfast or meal after working out. The product does work. I used the shake to lose at least 30 or so pounds a few years back. Of course I also went to Curves 5-6 days a week for 30 minutes. It is all about staying in your calorie zone and exercise. Also, the shakes didn't taste that great to me with milk-couldn't get them down.

Here is how I make mines and it tastes like a fruit smoothie:
    2 scoops Wildberry Shake Herbalife Mix
    8 oz V8 Splash Wildberry Juice
    1 cup Frozen Mixed Berries
    4-6 ice cubes
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I spent a month on herbalife and hated it. For starters it was very expensive. Not only do you pay for shakes you have to buy supplements as well.
    I was set at two shakes a day 1200 calories, 100g protein. I got headaches and noticed I was losing a lot of hair in the shower.
    I did not lose a pound and was cranky most of the time.

The extra money spent on greek yogurt/ almond milk to add to the shakes to keep the cals down and protein up just added to the irritation factor.

Plus, this is a soy based shake and research shows that soy screws with hormone levels if you have too much.

basically its an overhyped overpriced version of slimfast. Save your money and eat whole foods.
  • mari213
    mari213 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You're better off doing it on your own.. slow & steady is the way to go. You can buy protein whey powder from any grocery store and prepare your own smoothies with a good blender. In my experience.. I did both Herbalife and Isagenix.. these products work good & fast! The only down fall is that you have to continue to buy their products for continual results. As you know.. it can get really expensive with these products. Good luck with whichever route you decide to take. :smile:
  • scwilson38
    scwilson38 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I was on Herbalife about 5-6 years ago. I lost 60 pounds with it. In my opinion it does work if you are in the right mindset to change your lifestyle. It is not a quick fix, if you start eating bad and not watch your eating habits yes you will gain your weight back. Isn't that with anything you do? I was not a big breakfast eater either and I took it for that reason. No it did not mess with my body at all in a negative way and I went down like 4 to 5 sizes. No I am not a coach and I do not use the product now. I think you have to see what works for you and work to be successful at whatever you choose to do.
  • IvaRai
    IvaRai Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I used it in high school as my mom is a distributor for it. It worked great for me I lost 30lbs in about 6 months. Stopped because I got bored with it. I think it works if you do it right and don't play around with it. Yes it is very expensive. The tabs they have to takes are suppose to suppress your appetite but if your not taking them it won't help.

I'm now doing a keto type diet and I know that I can't stay on this diet forever since it is high fat but it is working for me right now. You need to focus on something that is going to work for you. Don't let anyone pressure you into anything.
  • mkadar66
    mkadar66 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm using it now....I've been on it since March 8th....and seriously committed to it since March 27th. I have lost just shy of 12 lbs. I like it because I honestly have little thinking to do with it. That won't help me long term, but I recognize that and look at alternate choices if I am choosing not to drink a shake. Eating a little 6 times a day has been key for me....The shakes are filling (to me) and I haven't been hungry at all. No doubt it is spendy...but I has been a great jump start for me and that is what I really needed. Helped me get off the fast food wagon for sure. Good luck!!
  • Breizier
    Breizier Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I used Herbalife for about 4 months. I lost 12 lbs over a reasonable time period and stuck for the remaining months. Once I stopped using it, the weight piled back on and each pound I lost bought a friend.
    If you are in a rush, eat a banana.
  • Smittysmama
    Options
    I think they taste really good...I buy the vanilla & chocolate mix & make them at home but I typically don't use them as a meal replacement. They are good after a big workout or if I feel like I want something yummy. I don't think they are that healthy to be honest. I add the peanut butter powder to both favors or sugar free jello pudding. It a great substitute when my family is eating ice cream! My friend was sick as a dog from their supplements but she still uses the shake powders on occasion too. Hope that is helpful.
  • dannatona
    dannatona Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have tried Metablife when I was younger (I'm 24), and it scared me. Felt like my heart was racing. That is my BIGGEST fear because all of the gunk in products.

I think I may take everyone's advice and do protein powder + berries/PB. I have two jars of Slimfast mix (never used) that I might use for breakfasts with a banana or something and maybe oatmeal, but I just may steer clear of HL.

THANKS ALL!

Now...on to...PROTEIN SMOOTHIES/SHAKE RECIPES! :)

I tried Herbalife, and just like a lot of other people said, it's a waste of money. You can get products that are even better for you for less money. I personally think drinking a healthy protein shake and a multi vitamin is the same thing...

You mentioned that you like PB and chocolate, so here's my 'butterfinger' protein shake recipe.
    2 scoops protein powder (I use unflavored or Vanilla)
    1 tbsp of natural peanut butter
    1 tbsp of sugar free instant butterscotch jello
    about 2 cups of milk (your choice, almond, fat free, whatever)
    6 large ice cube
    Add everything in a blender and blend it till it's smooth.

It's sooooo good! And depending on the milk and peanut butter you add it's only about 300 calories :smile:

I also HIGHLY suggest you getting your fiance to start eating healthier with you. He's going to be your partner for life, and you want to be healthy for LIFE. It's much easier when you have a partner. If you start by just cooking for each other instead of going out and getting fast food that will help so much!!

Good luck!
  • sakassab
    sakassab Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of "herbalife" but I use "premier protien" in the morning they have cases of them at Samsclub and there are 30 grams of protein in just one shake! I believe I spend like $20 on a 12 pack... but they are super easy, already premixed and come in 8 oz cartons... and they're non dairy so it pretty much works for everyone!
  • loviebear26
    loviebear26 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    One Of My Favorite Breakfast Foods Is Carnation Instant Breakfast. Its Cheap Its Filling And If You Put It In A Blender And Add Ice And Peanut Butter Its Delitious! Its Is Almos Identical To The Ingredients In Slim Fast But It Has MOre Protien And sSlightly More Calories.
  • natalietk
    natalietk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Anyone who distributes and/or praises Herbalife is simply trying to sell it to you because they make money off of YOU and YOUR purchases pay for their products as well. If you want a good protein shake for a snack/breakfast replacement, go to a local GNC and they have a BUNCH! I currently use GNC Lean Protein Shakes. Only 200 cal for 2 scoops with lots of vitamins/protein; you can mix in with water or with milk/almond milk. I personally use unsweetened almond milk for texture and added taste. The rest of the day I eat HEALTHY (about 1200-1300 cal a day for weight loss).

"Eat Clean, Train Dirty". It's about changing your lifestyle, not being on some diet. Eating healthy and exercising regularly has given me lots of energy, I am losing weight/toning my body, and I am so used to this lifestyle that I actually enjoy it and I am so much more aware of what is going into my body, which is extremely important.

Focus on being healthy and fit, not on being skinny. These weight loss programs are not all what they seem to be.
  • gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    body by vi is better
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    No it isn't...it's just as bad.
  • merseyblue
    merseyblue Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Several ladies have joined my slimming world group after having lost a ton of weight with herbalife. Every single one of them has regained at least a stone in the four weeks after stopping that diet. I would be very wary if I were you x

Incidentally, I lost 5.5lb this week just eating really healthily, drinking lots of water, and walking lots. It was a whole lot more fun than drinking shakes :)
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Don't Do It!!! several people I know and myself have used the pills and shakes and once we quit we had diarrhea real bad and stomach cramps (tmi but i'm giving you my experience) and when you use it again it goes away so basically keep buying or be sick for awhile when you want to stop and gain more weight .....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!