Herbalife? Anyone try this to aid weight loss?

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,578 Member
    Options
    Nothing will come between me and my Herbalife....changed my life
    Maybe this will help:

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/08/13/herbalife-safety-issue-draws-scrutiny/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

Finding fine shards of metal in product might do it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,578 Member
    Options
    Why would a personal trainer be so clueless about nutrition and time management to need a meal replacement for 10+ years?
    That's what I'm thinking too? The only reason I see is $$$$$.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Hi All -

Have any of you used Herbalife to supplement your weight loss? A friend of mine (older adult w/ a child) sells it and is really pushing me to try it. She keeps trying to get me to sign up for a body scan and try Herbalife. I've read mixed reviews on it, and honestly have never used shakes before. My intention was to maybe use one as breakfast - as I am not a breakfast fan. I just feel so blah when I eat breakfast - or like millions, I "have no time."

I am trying to change my habits and eat healthy, but with a goal of 100lb. weight loss - I feel like I could use the extra boost. Tips/thoughts on Herbalife?

Jen

She is pushing it so she can make money or get a better discount. Ignore !!!!!!!!!! Proper diet and exercise is all you need. Don't waste your money.
  • garymccord
    garymccord Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    For me, the greatest indicator is by looking back at the "Pro Herbalife" posts on this thread.

The majority come from accounts with just a handful of posts and when you look at their post history, they only ever comment on Herbalife topics.

Clever marketing + clever pyramid scheme - poor product = Daft gullible people.
  • dgheber
    dgheber Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Doris. Herbalife works! However it won't work if you don't. What I mean is that you follow the regimen and keep up with a healthy life style like working out or just eating healthy. In order to keep the results learn how to eat. I have started Herbalife this passing week and I have continued to eat healthy as well. I am doing the two shakes and a meal regimen since I've hit a plateau and have 30 more pounds to loose. If you have done it or plan to do it again I suggest for you to have healthy foods to snack on and drink water. There's nothing wrong with a snack. However it can be all your mind at times when you feel hungry since you're used to eating actual food and your leptin is telling you to eat everything in sight like before. It's a process but I don't discourage it. My mom lost 20 pounds on it and I saw how great she felt. There are tons of different shakes that to me taste way better than a lot of products from gnc. I hope this helped!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    NOT using Herbalife works too! Plus it's free!
  • donnakcrowe
    Options
    A couple of years ago, I was working out with a personal trainer 3x week and wasn't losing the weight that I wanted to after a couple of months. I was just about ready to quit. After speaking with my trainer we determined I wasn't doing the nutrition part correctly to supplement the intense workouts. So, my trainer introduced me to a woman who'd lost 100lbs on Herbalife (she's now a distributor). I decided to give it a try and the weight actually started melting off. I lost 10lbs and 11.5" in 3 weeks. I felt great, found the shakes and supplements to be easy. I travel a lot for work and was even able to measure out the shake powder and mix it with a bottle of water while I was traveling. I counted out the supplements into baggies on Sunday nights so they were ready for breakfast, lunch and dinner and also measured out the shake mix for the entire week. This way I could just grab the baggies and powder I needed for the day and head out the door. Now the shakes are not very good if you use just the powder, so I added sugar free pudding and a liquid flavoring (banana, strawberry, raspberry, etc) to add some flavor to the shake.

I'm currently back to a regular workout routine again and, once more, the weight is not coming off like I want. I'm going back to the Herbalife - getting ready to order it now (which is how I came across this thread). I became a distributor just so I could get a discount off the product for my personal use, so I don't have anything to gain by writing this.
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    A couple of years ago, I was working out with a personal trainer 3x week and wasn't losing the weight that I wanted to after a couple of months. I was just about ready to quit. After speaking with my trainer we determined I wasn't doing the nutrition part correctly to supplement the intense workouts. So, my trainer introduced me to a woman who'd lost 100lbs on Herbalife (she's now a distributor). I decided to give it a try and the weight actually started melting off. I lost 10lbs and 11.5" in 3 weeks. I felt great, found the shakes and supplements to be easy. I travel a lot for work and was even able to measure out the shake powder and mix it with a bottle of water while I was traveling. I counted out the supplements into baggies on Sunday nights so they were ready for breakfast, lunch and dinner and also measured out the shake mix for the entire week. This way I could just grab the baggies and powder I needed for the day and head out the door. Now the shakes are not very good if you use just the powder, so I added sugar free pudding and a liquid flavoring (banana, strawberry, raspberry, etc) to add some flavor to the shake.

I'm currently back to a regular workout routine again and, once more, the weight is not coming off like I want. I'm going back to the Herbalife - getting ready to order it now (which is how I came across this thread). I became a distributor just so I could get a discount off the product for my personal use, so I don't have anything to gain by writing this.

You've been on here for two years, lost two pounds, made zero friends... and this was your first post.

Why would anyone think you are anything other than someone trying to distribute Herbalife?
  • SoreTodayStrongTomorrow222
    Options
    Hi All -

Have any of you used Herbalife to supplement your weight loss? A friend of mine (older adult w/ a child) sells it and is really pushing me to try it. She keeps trying to get me to sign up for a body scan and try Herbalife. I've read mixed reviews on it, and honestly have never used shakes before. My intention was to maybe use one as breakfast - as I am not a breakfast fan. I just feel so blah when I eat breakfast - or like millions, I "have no time."

I am trying to change my habits and eat healthy, but with a goal of 100lb. weight loss - I feel like I could use the extra boost. Tips/thoughts on Herbalife?

Jen

Of course she's trying to push you to use it, she got wrapped up in the giant pyramid scheme. Anyway - Herbalife has a ton of sugar in it, if you really want easy shakes - just get some chocolate protein powder, toss a banana and some peanut butter in - will keep you full longer, youll get more protein, less sugar/less carbs.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    LOL @ at all the pro-herbalife posters for whom this thread is their first and only MFP contribution.

Seems a little fishy.

+1000000
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I tried Herbalife and it helped me lose about 35 lbs. I found that I really liked the shakes--I had tried a number of different protein shakes and for most of them, the taste was nasty and you had to mix all sorts of stuff into them to camouflage it. With the herbalife shakes I only had to add water. Easy is good for me.
    Not a huge fan of the supplements--I like eating real food--but I also liked the tea. Since I don't drink coffee, it helped me get a little bit of a boost in the morning, which is necessary when you have to get up at 5:00-5:30 a.m. to start work at 7:00.

Obviously, it's not for everyone, but it did help me. And no, I don't sell it.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Don't buy it. The only extra "boost" you need is exercise and time. The secret to weight loss....shhhh, it's a secret....is 100 % food intake and 100% exercise. That's the secret. There is no secret.

If you need to lose 100 lbs, I'm guessing you have been heavy most of your life.

sales people just want to sell their stuff. I'm spanish and I see Herbalife a lot among latinos. You need to eat healthy. complex carbohydrates and you need to get your body moving. You need to break a sweat for at least 40 minutes and not just once a week. I recomment 4-5 times a week. Find the time.

It's not complicated. We just need to want it and want it for the right reasons.

I often see heavier women with perfect hair, nails, make up and skin and nice clothes and think "Well, if they look that good, they must have time to take care of themselves." Well, this is just one more thing to add to the "taking care of themselves" list.

Protein powder is not something I recommend. I hear a lot of justification coming from what you write..."it's hard to stay on track" because of what the boyfriend eats or "im from wisconsin, i am stuck on real milk." Millk is not the problem anyway.

Honey, there are a million reasons and justifications not to do anything or try to take a fast track but it's not gonna happen until you buckle down, prepare your own food, get exercise (the MOST important thing at this point), and write down what you eat, look and listen to yourself with open eyes and ears and see where you are making excuses. We all make excuses, it's part of why we are on this website.

The shakes and the powders and all that stuff is not going to help you lose weight. Real food and real exercise. That's the key.

Good luck.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    first off-sorry to the OP for all the discouraging comments.
    so many high and mighty people here think they know best.

so many people here use protein shakes to supplement but since you mentioned Herbalife your getting negative feed back. If it came from GNC that wouldn't happen.

do what works for you. Herbalife and others have worked for many people. Just don't become dependant on it.

good luck to u
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I often see heavier women with perfect hair, nails, make up and skin and nice clothes and think "Well, if they look that good, they must have time to take care of themselves." Well, this is just one more thing to add to the "taking care of themselves" list.

and how do you know that these women aren't trying to "take care of themselves"? Everyone starts somewhere!
  • briemayer5
    Options
    I have been doing herbalife for almost 2 weeks and i love the energy i get from the product. Im not a shake girl either but I've lost 6lbs. I've tried many products over the year's so I'm eager to lose the last 9% body fat.
    Good luck to you. Id give you this advice from my weight loss journey, do what is right for you. Don't sign up with anyone that you cannot trust or feel comfortable telling your food fears to, especially a pushy friend.
    Beginning weight: 220, size 16.
    Currently: 148, size 4
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    So you waited, what? 10 months? To make your first two posts, both promoting Herbalife, posting personal details and making other forum users offers.

Seems legit.
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    I have been doing herbalife for almost 2 weeks and i love the energy i get from the product. Im not a shake girl either but I've lost 6lbs. I've tried many products over the year's so I'm eager to lose the last 9% body fat.
    Good luck to you. Id give you this advice from my weight loss journey, do what is right for you. Don't sign up with anyone that you cannot trust or feel comfortable telling your food fears to, especially a pushy friend.
    Beginning weight: 220, size 16.
    Currently: 148, size 4

Anyone know what we measure the ENERGY a food gives us in?
  • bradXdale
    bradXdale Posts: 399
    Options
    I have been doing Herbalife for almost 2 months now. I started on January 15th 2014 and I'm in LOVE with it!! I started with 200lbs, I'm currently at 183lbs meaning I've lost 17lbs in total. Before i started Herbalife i didn't have any energy at all, i was lazy all the time, lost of headaches, stress, it was just HORRIBLE. After using Herbalife, all that has changed. I'm super active, do different workouts through out the week like Zumba, Workouts at parks & bootcamps as well, no more stress, I'm the most energetic person EVER! My goal is 130lbs, i know ill be there before the lovely summer gets here.
    44530577.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wanna know something cool?

I did the same thing just with real foods & hard work.

Enjoy feeding your bank account to the mouths of the rich who could care less about their customers.
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    @Brad,

Because you've quoted a post that includes personal information, you may have you post deleted. Just a heads up.
  • bradXdale
    bradXdale Posts: 399
    Options
    @IronSmasher, I edited it out, thanks for the heads up bud.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!