Herbalife? Anyone try this to aid weight loss?

Options

Replies

• esme381
    Options
    Hi there! I have actually been taking the products and i love them!! I love the flavors and i mix in the fruits that i like. My aunt lost over 40 lbs with it and she has been taking it for a long time. That being said, you cant take the shake and expect to loose weight if you continue to eat what you are eating. IF you talk to your friend who sells it she should create a "plan" for you and talk to you about proper nutrition. You have to make a lifestyle change and make sure you stick to it. My aunt had a lot of health comlications and was extremely overweight. She has been on the products for about 6 months and loves it.

In my case, i am very thin but was very unhealthy (anemia), chronic headaches and many more complications (girl problems) and my roomate actually got me on the products (vitamins, shake and tea) and i feel incredible. My doctor said that what ever i was doing was working and that is why i truly love the product. It is not expensive if you compare it to all of the "junk" we eat. I rather spend money on good stuff that goes into my body rather than poison that all this fast and convinient foods offer. Just my humble opinion.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    very pyramid scheme - I had a friend who still sells it, she won't beleive me.

I also threw up my first 2 herbalife shakes - decided F this, its not worth it - i lost all my weight (44 pounds in TOTAL) by eating right and exercising.
  • seano974
    Options
    yeah, Herbalife is a good solid product, it definatly helps some people. Usually those who say it does not work are those who drink it but don't eat a balanced diet at the same time and expect miracles. It trains you to eat less but still gives you all the right nutrition you need.

for a good review you should check out this link; http://www.howtogetbigforearms.com/1/post/2013/05/herbalife-review-the-good-bad-and-ugly.html
  • OBsaurus
    Options
    My wife got talked into trying Herbalife by a co-worker, so I figured I'd give it a shot. We tried the chocolate and the orange one (I think it was discontinued, but maybe not) and just used it for breakfast since our mornings are so crazy we don't have time for it anyways. I used it for about 2 weeks before I started getting cramps and stuff (not to scare you I just have an odd stomach that likes to hate me and some of the foods I eat) but I did notice a 2lb drop, but I'm not certain if it was from the drinks or the workouts since I was losing that much per week to begin with. My wife kept up with it for a month but didn't notice any weight change, she also doesn't diet and eats whatever sounds good. The main thing to keep in mind with these types of drinks is that they are low calorie meal supplements, which means if you just only eat that many calories for the meal your supplementing, you should see the same results. It also means you're going to get hungry not too long after you take it, at least I did. The extras though, like the protein, fiber, and vitamins, are nice, especially if you're struggling to get those in anyways. Check their website and you can find all the nutrition information about each of the shakes. Don't get pressured into buying it if you really don't want it though, like my wife did. I still have $160 of untouched chocolate in my cupboard she swears she'll get around to drinking.
  • Shony07
    Options
    Amen!
  • joybridj
    Options
    Hi I've been using my fitness pal for abt 4months and exerciseing regularly but it was only when I added the herbalife tea and shake JST one every morning the tea first then the shake that I've started to see a wonderful progress it's very healthy and helps replace all the nutrients our bodies need it's more abt being healthy than losing weight! I'm down abt 18 ibs in 2months since I started herbalife and I don't sell it JST use it good luck to you! Joyce
  • Sbrae03
    Options
    I drink an Herbalife shake for breakfast, lunch and dinner and have fruit and vegis as a snack. I've lost 17 pounds in 3 weeks. And I haven't exercised either. I'm not trying to sell it. I don't sell it, I buy mine off of ebay. I'm just here to tell you that it does work. And I'm not hungey or deprived.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Yay for soy and sugar (aka Herbalife). Yeah no thanks.
  • angiegarcia1226
    Options
    I use herbalife products and I use it for different reasons, 1. Healthy weight loss 2. Heartburn 3. Constipation, etc... it's a natural product fhat causes no harm. I take herbalife in the morning and I make sure my tea has a product that they carry that's called liftoff iit's the best thing ever, I work 10-12 hr shifts and this lets me work and have enough energy for my children when I get home. I drink another meal when I get off work and good till next day. For lunch I have grilled chicken with salad or salad with black beans or just a spinald salad with beets n cucumbers n green peas. Lots of water through out the day. They also have available this yummy snack bars I eat half for my first snack time n the other half for my second snack time. U have to get a good a coach not someone who is just trying to sell u a product. It truly does work if u wanna know the truth about something u have to go straight to the horses mouth. They will introduce u to the people whos lifes herbalife has changed. My ex was dying in the hospital with diabetes but herbalife saved his life just in time... so for all those non believers don't talk if u haven't tried and those who have tried and failed don't blame it on the product but re evaluate your will power
  • relee21
    relee21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a bit concerned about the sugar content in the products. When I asked my 'coach' about it she didn't really give me an answer and told me to eat LESS fruit (1-2 serving a day) rather than the 2-3 I was eating. I was also told not to worry too much about exercising.
  • Jalvare4
    Jalvare4 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I consumed Herbalife on my journey to weight loss and just by drinking the tea and shakes, I lost around 60 pounds from solely consuming Herbalife. Yes it is expensive and adds up quickly. I am still doing Herbalife but I have now added weight training and I have been doing that since april of this year and I have lost 85 pounds so far. Herbalife is good if you have the time and the money for it. As some of the people stated before, their are other options. I use Herbalife because it is convenient for me in the mornings when I am in a rush.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Hi All -

Have any of you used Herbalife to supplement your weight loss? A friend of mine (older adult w/ a child) sells it and is really pushing me to try it. She keeps trying to get me to sign up for a body scan and try Herbalife. I've read mixed reviews on it, and honestly have never used shakes before. My intention was to maybe use one as breakfast - as I am not a breakfast fan. I just feel so blah when I eat breakfast - or like millions, I "have no time."

I am trying to change my habits and eat healthy, but with a goal of 100lb. weight loss - I feel like I could use the extra boost. Tips/thoughts on Herbalife?

Jen

Not a breakfast fan? ... Join the club, lol ... I unintentionally have been doing IF (Intermittent Fasting) ... Breakfast, unless you are hungry, is not the most important meal of the day ... I pretty much eat a late lunch, nice size snack, and a late dinner ...

Don't buy that crap, stick to real food ... You'll be more satiated if you actually chew something ...
  • Jessica_Mujahidah
    Jessica_Mujahidah Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have tried a lot of these shake diets, and personally I have found Optifast to be the best. I'm not sure if you can get it in the States, but it's a weight management plan and the shakes actually expand in your stomach and do keep you fuller for longer.

However, every time I have ever used shakes to lose weight, the moment I start eating normal healthy food, the weight piles back on.

I sometimes supplement a meal with an Optifast shake now, but I still eat real food. They are full of good nutrients so they are good for a meal on the go but I certainly wouldn't suggest to follow the full liquid diet, be it herbalife, Optifast or any other brands. Real food and exercise is the only way. There is no miracle cure for weight loss, except to get off your butt and work hard for every kilo you need to lose.
  • nboks
    nboks Posts: 41
    Options
    I used to use herbalif a couple of year ago but it felt like i was starving myself since i wasnt used to meal replacement diets. I did get thinner but it wasnt really something that I can maintain for a very long time.

I believe calorie tracking is more efficient plus doing workouts which allows you to eat more is healthier and makes you even more conscious about the health benefits of all food types.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    its a meal replacement shake. no different than any other cheap one you can get at the grocery store. i dont think it aids in weight loss, i think its just a shake for a meal instead of food. i do this with protien shakes, at 1/2 the costs... no need to buy in to pricey weight loss promises. it comes down to keeping a calorie deficit, the shake is nothing more than a shake.
  • nikkiclaire123
    Options
    it didnt work for me. spent £70 for nothing. but then i am never good at diets, it lasts not even a day before im hungry, especially with shakes as my stomach just feels empty and i hate it. eating clean is the ONLY way that i ever stick to anything. and the only way i feel full
  • tdhowell
    Options
    This is actually my nutrition product of choice. I've found it to taste a lot better than most of the other products out there, but it's not a cure-all for sure. Without dedication to exercise, tracking your calories, and all the rest you won't succeed. To each their own really, but for me it's what I've chosen to use.
  • jenelybean
    jenelybean Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love the shakes! I also love having a weight loss coach. She has really helped me. I have only bought shakes and tea and am losing when all else has failed. Your day will look like this: Shake, protein/complex carb snack, shake, p/cc, healthy low carb dinner. I am full all day long! It's been 2 weeks for me and I have no cravings. We all lose differently. Good luck no matter how you lose weight!
  • Mr516a
    Mr516a Posts: 1
    Options
    my mother has lost 30 pounds in a month over coffee
  • ihateyoga
    ihateyoga Posts: 111
    Options
    It allegedly caused kidney failures.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!