Herbalife? Anyone try this to aid weight loss?

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• mapleleafmom
    mapleleafmom Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I lost 45 pounds on Herbalife and I am still on it. It's an amazing product and it works. It levels you out if you have a carb or sugar addiction which was what I needed.
  • Mjreiman
    Options
    Nobody has EVER lost weight from herbalife. Weight loss doesn't come from a miracle shake loaded with soy protein AKA estrogen/liver problem protein/endocrine problems/cheapest protein available . It comes from hard work and a diet. People pay STUPID amounts of money for shakes where one serving is what 25g and 9 is protein and 9 is sugar being the top two. Read your ingredients label people. People lose weight from the lifestyle that accompanies taking supplements. You think you're doing the healthy thing by doing a meal replacements shake so you begin to exercise then the meals you eat get healthier and healthier. It creates a mental state of fitness. It's a placebo. As someone that studies dieting and live fitness and nutrition I can tell you that nothing in this would actually benefit you. The only people that say it does and wrote papers either were funded by Herbalife of work directly for them. There are good and bad carbs. You don't need to go on a complete carb deficit to lose weight. The problem is people don't educate themselves and want all results with minimal effort and just listen to any sales pitch on a the next big miracle product. Do I think Herbalife will fail? No. But it will continue to get rich off gullible people with no fitness or diet knowledge. Do some research on fast and slow carbs and healthy fat levels and necessary calorie amounts and protein levels and glycogen you'll save TONS of money. But that's just too difficult for most people I guess
  • Victoria5639
    Victoria5639 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I will try to scope that out! I am such a sucker for PB & Choc...that just may help to curve cravings! I have had such a hard time trying to get myself to drink soy, and then rice milk and almond milk - even chocolate stuff. Barf. I guess being from Wisconsin I am just stuck on real MILK. lol.
    . Milk helps women lose weight. So many of us give up milk when we diet but it just the opposite of what we should do. My nutritionist told me about this. And she was right I can eat the same amount of calories and not lose weight but if I have my glass of milk I lose. She told me to drink 1 1/2 to 2 % milk not skim. It also helps make your waist line slimmer . I drink skim milk for years and she gave me this really long explanation of way I shouldn't. It has made a difference for me.
  • MelSturm
    MelSturm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I tried that, but honestly, just recently tried Advocare and it was awesome. Lost a bunch, feel amazing. Not pushing anything on anyone, just really worked for me and my friends! (and mocha chocolate shakes that go with the program are delish).
  • MummyStumpf
    MummyStumpf Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I tried it as a work colleague sold it to me. It have me headaches and I didn't lose any weight on it because I couldn't stick to it. Real food is better than liquids IMO.
  • cuteandfunsized
    cuteandfunsized Posts: 1,187 Member
    Options
    I realize this is an old post but I would like to give my personal experience. About 5 years ago I was in a major car accident. I was always active before that. I went jogging and biking everyday,not saying I was ever perfect. I still was about 15 lbs. overweight. After my accident I couldn't do much. I put on 60 lbs. My cousin was selling it and talked me into trying it. After being on it for about 6 months I had lost 64lbs. No exercise. I didn't even do all the recommended stuff like the pills. I just did the shake in the morning(using soy milk) and at lunch and ate what I wanted at dinner. Oh and I did the 64oz. Of tea during the day. I got pregnant and stopped all of it but was able to do my full exercise regime again and only gained 17lbs. With her. Lost all the baby weight after getting back on it,just one month after giving birth. But then about 3 months later I started putting on weight so I exercised harder,nope,still gaining weight. In 4 months I managed to gain 45lbs. Went to the doctor and was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. That's why it wasn't working anymore. So it doesn't help me at all. But it did. It's much harder for people with hypothyroidism to lose weight than someone who doesn't have it. The herbal works great if you don't have health issues.
  • lena24fit
    Options
    Yes actually, I've been to their nutrition and fitness camps for about 9 months and just started on the herbalife products about 2 months ago. I've seen an almost triple result from the same thing I've been doing, I've lost about 3% body fat, gained 2% muscle and lost 12 pounds in the two months I've been doing it. I am not overweight however am working on being leaner, so that is why the change isn't too dramatic. The more you have to lose, the more dramatic the weightloss is.
  • lizandlarry99
    lizandlarry99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi All -

Have any of you used Herbalife to supplement your weight loss? A friend of mine (older adult w/ a child) sells it and is really pushing me to try it. She keeps trying to get me to sign up for a body scan and try Herbalife. I've read mixed reviews on it, and honestly have never used shakes before. My intention was to maybe use one as breakfast - as I am not a breakfast fan. I just feel so blah when I eat breakfast - or like millions, I "have no time."

I am trying to change my habits and eat healthy, but with a goal of 100lb. weight loss - I feel like I could use the extra boost. Tips/thoughts on Herbalife?

Jen

• lizandlarry99
    lizandlarry99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been on this since May and have lost 16 lbs. and I have to say I love it. I know it can be costly but so are grocerys. It has kept me on track and tho I have slacked a few times because of going away or being off schedule. I still keep track of the calories and protein. Thats why I use a tracker so I can make sure to have the protein I am suppose to have and the fiber to. Just have 2 shakes a day and protein bars or other protein. Lots of vegs. and fruit. Its worth the money if not to do all the time and least it keeps your mind going. I have never stuck to a diet the way I have with this. It is truly worth it to try.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Never, in my entire time of being on the internet... have I wanted to dig out my eyes with a spoon.

/thread.
  • medlaura
    medlaura Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I only drink herbalife products once a week. I don't really like the shake but I love the tea (tea with aloe & fiber) & protein bars. I go to a club and they are very helpful with advice on losing weight. I am currently down 30 pounds. I wouldn't necessarily say it's ALL thanks to herbalife, but it has helped me increase my energy.
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    To the poster that said stevia is banned in Europe. .....err nope it isn't.
  • snakeyes007
    snakeyes007 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi All -

Have any of you used Herbalife to supplement your weight loss?

i lost 32 lbs in 3 months using herbalife

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!