You dont get a second date.....

Options

Replies

• askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    being mean, rude, aggressive and possessive on the first date... come on now! It's one thing to be a tough guy, but acting like that is just not attractive at all!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    If they discuss their opinions on things.

If they tell me how something makes them feel.

You kid, but I'm pretty serious on these.

No talk of - politics, psychological stuff, childhood abuse, saving the world from hunger, what our kids would look like, marriage, angry exes, why SUV drivers are killing the planet, bioavailability of the nutrients in rice......

The list is pretty long. Unless he's really, really hot. Then he should just smile and not talk at all.

First dates are for having fun, doing something interesting, and not unloading the cargo van of baggage we all carry. Save all that for the third date.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Being rude to other people..if we are at dinner and he is rude to the staff. Bye bye.
    Manners cost nothing.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    It's been so long since I've had a first date...and the only date I really remember sucking was the only date I ever had with a person I met online. He was super fun to talk to online and he was even a radio DJ that was a great talker (and one of the rare cute ones), but in person...snoozefest. They've got to just be themselves flaws and all, I much prefer this to any fakeness whether online or in person.

Random sidenote, I am so glad I don't have to date anymore!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    1. Not offering to pay. I will split it but if he doesn't make a move for his wallet at all and expects me to cover the whole thing, I'm out, I'm not your mommy.

2. Being rude or not tipping any waitstaff.

3. Saying they want to have kids. I can't any more, and don't want to, so if you are looking for someone to sire you an heir, look elsewhere and don't let me get too attached before I find out.

These things, and probably more too, will make me delete your number.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    It's been so long since I've had a first date...and the only date I really remember sucking was the only date I ever had with a person I met online. He was super fun to talk to online and he was even a radio DJ that was a great talker (and one of the rare cute ones), but in person...snoozefest. They've got to just be themselves flaws and all, I much prefer this to any fakeness whether online or in person.

Random sidenote, I am so glad I don't have to date anymore!

You and Hubby should still date. Especially as G grows older. It gets too easy to get caught up in the kids and drift apart i fyou don't maintain that date night with the spouse.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Someone who is trying too hard. Worst date I was ever on was with a woman who was totally trying to impress me, and she just wasn't being relaxed or herself.

ALso, negativity. I am on a date to get to know you, and what you like to do, not to hear about how everything sucks, and how downtrodden you are.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    If they're jerks to the waitstaff. Screw that.
  • jeffryjirraf
    jeffryjirraf Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    If they are difficult to talk to, it is really off putting
  • Penny_Lane_
    Penny_Lane_ Posts: 163
    Options
    I don't know. I haven't had any bad first dates yet. I'll be back...
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    1.Smoke
    2. Don't Put out.

If you do #1, but don't do #2...that's okay.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Chew with their mouth open...:noway:
    Body odor :sick:
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    if he's rude to servers or other staff, if he makes even a seemingly innocuous anti-woman or racist comment. I've walked out of 1st dates because their comments were so inappropriate.
    If she can't handle her firearms
    I actually went to a shooting range on my last first date. In hindsight, I suppose that could have been a bad move.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    spit.

same
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    If they aren't respectful. I don't care if its just to get in my pants. Don't be a ****
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    If she's a jerk. If she doesn't "get" my sense of humor. If she smells weird. If she brings up religion then insists on trying to save my soul (no proselytizing). If she is ultra picky about food. Complains that the place I took her wasn't nice enough.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Aside from poor hygiene? Hmm.

I went on a date months ago with a guy who dropped the F-bomb every two minutes. Seriously, he couldn't order his tacos without cursing. It was embarrassing. I even called him on it and he still didn't stop so I rushed the date and avoided his calls.

A couple of weeks ago I went on a date with a guy who turned everything into a political commentary. Not cool. If I want to have a political debate (which I don't....ever), I'll hang out with my crazy family. He didn't get a return call either.
  • wykyd
    wykyd Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Men who act like it is some big honor or some big news that they want to get laid. We KNOW... Trust me, we know. But desperation is about the unsexiest thing I know of. Plus the being rude to staff, smelling bad, etc. etc. etc.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    if you get all bothered by me having a ring on my finger....oh yeah and a wife at home.....some people.... ya know??? \m/
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Too much make-up, perfect hair, and a lot of attention spent on nails.
    These are not compatible with hiking and kayaking.