You dont get a second date.....

Options

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I've been married for 21 years and dating was a little different back then.

However, there are a couple of things that would be a deal breaker if I was dating now.

-If you pull out your cell phone and text your friends an update on the date, there won't be a second date.
    -If you constantly talk about an ex, see ya'.
    -Smoker. No thank you.
    -Argumentative.

Can't think of anything else right now. I would just want someone that was honest, straight forward and funny. Knows when to speak up and when to defer.
    Everyone has beauty of some kind. I like a woman who knows where her beauty lies and is confident, but not self-centered.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I've been married for 21 years and dating was a little different back then.

However, there are a couple of things that would be a deal breaker if I was dating now.

-If you pull out your cell phone and text your friends an update on the date, there won't be a second date.
    -If you constantly talk about an ex, see ya'.
    -Smoker. No thank you.
    -Argumentative.

Can't think of anything else right now. I would just want someone that was honest, straight forward and funny. Knows when to speak up and when to defer.
    Everyone has beauty of some kind. I like a woman who knows where her beauty lies and is confident, but not self-centered.

I forgot to add. Must enjoy riding on the back of my motorcycle. Looking good in leather wouldn't hurt.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Rudeness, ignorance, hatred, and instability.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    If we don't get along
    Smokes
    Into herself too much
    Not attractive to me
    Loves cats too much
    Isn't healthy
    Doesn't love dogs
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Being late - once had a date who was 3 hours late and never again. Rudeness would come in a close second.
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    no sex :P
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    If they don't put out. Ain't nobody got time fo dat!
  • maisid
    maisid Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I don't date, I hate wasting my time, so I rather spend it on something important in life.. :D

But if I would ever happen to go on a date I would want him to be honest and polite, but no momma's boy who can't make up his mind or does everything he thinks I like just to please me.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    If you're my ex-husband...
    Never should have even given him the first date...:noway:

If you're controlling and manipulative
  • jersey_jenn
    jersey_jenn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    if they scratch their back under their shirt with a fork, then proceed to eat their meal with said fork. true story. ugh.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    if they scratch their back under their shirt with a fork, then proceed to eat their meal with said fork. true story. ugh.

Ha!
    Nice... :noway:
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    If we have absolutely no spark or chemistry. Why bother?
  • jersey_jenn
    jersey_jenn Posts: 122 Member
    Options

Ha!
    Nice... :noway:

yup, sexy. then wondered how I could resist his charms and not make out with him after the meal. he's lucky I sat through the meal after that lol
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If I don't think I'd want to kiss you.
  • kcrxgirl
    kcrxgirl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    If he's a mouth-breather, chews with his lips open, farts (not ok on the 1st date), has cats, smokes, has body odor, has a filthy car . . . I could go on . . .
  • Laura42012
    Laura42012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Show up in your Dad's lexus
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Hates dogs? It's over.

Smothers me.../overly emotionally open on the first date...(has happened and yes, it's over with that person).
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Rude in general
    Poor hygiene
    Bad conversationalist
    Too touchy feely
    And seemingly the most absurd thing but can't make myself get past it. Wearing solid white shoes :noway: I just can't do it.
  • hmandt70
    hmandt70 Posts: 45
    Options
    if he is too pushy with physical things when his gestures are obviously unwanted...i once had a guy who tried to kiss me at the end of our first date and i just wasnt feeling him so i turned my cheek...well then he grabbed my face, turned my head and kissed me anyway. it was nasty and i literally wanted scrub my lips with bleach after that