Movies that made you feel awful

Options

Replies

• MrsDrk
    MrsDrk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Last house on the left ( think that is the correct name).

My husband and I saw this at the theater. The rape scene bothered me for a LONG time.

The movies that I can't forget, and why my husband has banned me from picking Netflix movies are:

We need to talk about Kevin
    Zero Day
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Hotel Rwanda. I cried for days after seeing it.
    I second The Butterfly Effect.

Omg. I forgot about the butterfly effect. My best friend and I hysterically cried for like 15 minutes. Her dad thought we were insane.
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    "Where the Red Fern Grows" and "Old Yeller" destroyed me as a kid. Never been able to watch them again.

I read the book "Where The Red Fern Grows" and your description of destroyed was right... I never could bring myself to watch the movie.

I've read that book so many times, I still cry. Read it to my son, we were both crying by the end.

Movies though, Toy Story 3. Seriously, happy ending to a kids movie. WTF?
  • SCrompton
    SCrompton Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Boys don't cry

---sooo depressing
  • luckyshilling
    Options
    My Girl....I was 11 when I saw it. Thomas J dying and all the other ****ty parts of being beginning puberty. Ugh. Even though it has a 'happy' ending the whole film just left me feeling unsettled and not looking forward to getting older.
  • Ivian_
    Ivian_ Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Pure
    Trainspotting
    Saving Private Ryan
    Seven
    Cape Fear
    The Woodsman
    Session 9
  • Hayter2013
    Options
    The Impossible

Its based on a true story. What doesnt break you makes you stronger :cry:
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Feeling awful:
    Poltergeist. Great movie, but I had nightmares the entire night.
    Truth or Dare. I felt like I needed to take a shower afterward. Uggghhhh.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Boys don't cry

---sooo depressing

Yeah, that one was pretty devastating.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    oh another one was Fear... I was 16 and watching it with my dad... When the bf starts repeatidly hitting himself in the same spot to like like the dad beat him up my dad looked at me and said your not allowed to date for atleast 6 more months.......
  • webdevsoup
    webdevsoup Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    1st, I want to correct everyone: The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, not "stripped pajamas". Makes me think it's XXX.

Anyways - As a military member who served in Iraq on 2 tours, I didn't sleep right for a few days after watching "The Hurt Locker".

Also, Sinister was the most recent scary movie I've seen that actually scared me. Creepy.

+1 for The Ring

Kind of a weird movie, The Seven Psychopaths was just.... psycho.

+1 for Butterfly Effect

Mothman Prophecies is another good creepy one.
  • Tiff4378
    Tiff4378 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Blue Valentine with Michelle Williams and Ryan Gosling. It was such a depressing movie. When my friend and I left the theater we were so down we had absolutely nothing left to say to each other.
  • amymaytay
    amymaytay Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    hotel rwanda, steel magnolias, p.s. i love you, precious, machine gun preacher, basically any movie that can make me cry like a baby!!!! ohh and beaches....
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    the virgin suicides, left me feeling cold literally for hours afterwards and haunted me for weeks

we need to talk about kevin, my son has a lot of the same tendencies as kevin in the movie and it has scared the **** out of me but thankfully unlike the family in the film we do talk about our kid and have got professional help for him

the accused though very dated now i still find it disturbing

a time to kill, that poor little girl i'd have exactly the same reaction as her dad

if your talking movies that make you cry my dog skip blows marley and me out of the water as far as im concerned, the notebook we'd all like a love like that, and second hand lions
  • kimm147
    kimm147 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    my sisters keeper
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Boys don't cry

---sooo depressing

Boys don't cry definitely stuck with me for a while, the whole time I just had that feeling of wanting to help her but couldn't.
  • MsTammie68
    MsTammie68 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    PET CEMETARY!!!! Stephen King is an evil man and needs some serious medication! He has to be disturbed!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    The mist
    when the army shows up after he kills everyone in the car and runs out of bullets to off himself I lost it... I think I may have invented new curse words at the point
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I am Sam.

Forest Gump.

Powder.

I will not watch any of those movies above.
  • lafilleavectoi
    lafilleavectoi Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Pasolini's "Salo" (1975)

Lars von Trier "Antichrist" (2009)