Replies

• kimm147
    kimm147 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    changelings (sp?)
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    End of Watch...which I watched with my police officer boyfriend, why he let me I dont know!

YES!! i cried the whole time, and could barely sleep that night :( my sister even texted me when she watched it and asked me how i could sit through it!
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Seven. The ending of that movie is NOT OK.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Mystic River and American History X. Those are both great movies, but ones I can only watch on rare occasions.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    The King of Scotland.

The image of that body on the table with its arms and legs cut off stayed with me for a long time.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Boys don't cry

---sooo depressing

This one too! We used to watch movies in my Gender & Sexuality class in college, and this was the first one we watched. We were supposed to discuss it after, but the whole class was so depressed and speechless after that the professor just dismissed us for the day.
  • millea84
    millea84 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    The Duchess.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Natural Born Killers - I came out of that theater just dazed.
    Hotel Rwanda - we take so much for granted.
    The Ring - Any kind of static, radio or tv, would freak me out. I've never been so unnerved by white noise.
    My Best Friend's Wedding - Why did George have to be gay?
    GI Joe - WTF was that? My childhood felt violated.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    This one's going way back, but does anyone remember that made-for-TV movie "I know my first name is Steven." I think what upset me most was knowing that after all that poor kid went through his life was cut so short.
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    Blue Valentine with Michelle Williams and Ryan Gosling. It was such a depressing movie. When my friend and I left the theater we were so down we had absolutely nothing left to say to each other.

Ohh, I forgot about this one. But yes, I completely agree. Even though I LOVE it. The first time I watched it, I made it through the whole movie without crying and being okay, but as soon as the credits started rolling, I started sobbing uncontrollably for a good five or ten minutes. It was intense.
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    GI Joe - WTF was that? My childhood felt violated.

Yes, violated in the worst way.
  • treenuh_x
    treenuh_x Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Mine was definitely Requiem For A Dream. I was not okay for a long time after watching that.
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Marley & Me.

I had just had my dog put down the year before and swore I would never witness another euthanization. Didn't know about the ending of that movie. I think I bawled for 2 hours.
  • Ashkea76
    Ashkea76 Posts: 7,120 Member
    Options
    The Accused

The Magdalene Sisters

The Ring
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    "KIDS". So many years later, it still makes me feel weird
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    pretty much any love story or made for TV lifetime movie. I was depressed after seeing Pretty Woman and You Got Mail none of it is realistic
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Last House on the Left
    Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Both had viciously-accurate rape scenes. I had to shut my eyes or fast forward through those parts. I've never been assaulted before, but those scenes just seemed so realistic.
  • jerknoir
    jerknoir Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Let me tell you, trying to repair the damage Requiem did by watching Labyrinth was a bad choice.

The worst that's ever happened to me was the Tracey Fragments.
  • TheChocolatePrincess
    TheChocolatePrincess Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    the boy in the stripped pajamas

OMG! Yes! That and "Precious" and "The White Elephant" and "Temptation"
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    "Alpha Dog" was a pretty messed up movie. Just the realness of the situation is what was the most disturbing. Poor kid :'(