Why are you proud of yourself?

Options

Replies

• Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I am proud that I am finally within 7 lbs of my first goal weight. I never thought I would get here..but I have and am.
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I am proud because now I'm at my highschool weight, I'm still on MFP eating healthy instead of 'celebrating' my loss. I'm specially proud I finally started working out(using the elliptical I bought 3 years ago + some rollerblading)
  • Jessieamoore
    Options
    I am proud that I am on my third week and I'm still going strong.
    I usually quit after a few days.
    I am proud that I LOVE working out! I use to dread doing anything physically challenging, now I go into a funk when I don't.
    I am proud that I am down 6 lbs
    I am proud that I have set a realistic goal for myself and I know I can do it
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Last week I ran my first 5-K and got first place in my age division !!! :bigsmile:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I am proud to be at my goal wt
    I am proud I am exercising weekly
    I am proud to be off my meds and not in a wheelchair
    I no longer need a walker or use a cane
    I am proud I no longer wear oxygen at night

You should be proud. Those are awesome achievements!
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I am proud of myself for sticking to this. I lost 40 lbs before and gained half back before finding mfp and changing my life. I have stayed focused and tried my best to not get frustrated. I have learned to not just rely on the scale for results. I am proud of myself for having the strength and courage to face my fear of the hard work it takes to lose weight. I am proud that I am almost at my goal weight.

I am also proud of all my friends who log in every day and have made a choice to change their lives too.
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm proud I'm actually starting to work out for once in my life! It's hard but I don't hate it, and I feel more energetic!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I am proud that I've stuck to my plan for more than 2 years, and the level of fitness I've achieved during that time.
  • katherinelangley
    Options
    I am proud of myself for gaining 1 and 1/2 stone!
  • Turtle1794
    Options
    Awesome!, you guys deserve to feel proud. ^^, I found I have trouble enjoying music when I'm not on the treadmill walking, which is motivation to get on it since I love music!
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I am proud because I have lost 85 pounds since my daughter was born.
    I am proud that I lost 50 pounds of that in 26 weeks from May to October last year and met my goals.
    I am proud that I have been able to keep it off for 6 months (thru Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day & Easter ~ Woo hoo!) & now maintaining.
    I am proud that I have been logging on this site for 315 days straight today
    I am proud that I have awesome MFP friends and many have shared that I am an inspiration to them.
    I am proud that I have come to the realization that this is a lifestyle and not a diet & that I don’t have to deprive myself of living or enjoying life.
    I am proud that my 4 year old daughter will pick a yogurt or grapes over cake, cookie or candy for a snack.
    I am proud that I lost 10+ sizes in my clothing from XXL/18-24 to M/L-8.
    I am proud that I have had elbow surgery, knee surgery & spinal fusion back surgery & I make no excuses.
    I am proud that I leg press 3 sets of 15 at 315 pounds.
    I am proud that I am 42 years old & healthy & fit and feel like I am 24!!!
  • bedot
    bedot Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I ran my very first mile last night without walking. In all 34 years of my life I've never been able to do that!!
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    The other day, I put on a bathing suit for the first time since last summer, decided to take a pic or two to see what I actually look like… I saw abs!!! I'm like.. BOOM!
  • longin2bsexy
    longin2bsexy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am proud because last night I did 3 miles on the treadmill and lifted weights. Usually I am doing good to do 2 miles but I made myself do 3 and then lifted also. It was the longest time I have spent in the gym, but today I feel so proud of myself.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I'm proud because:

-I started back at it in mid-January @ 192 lbs and this morning weighed 165 lbs. (27 lbs!)
    -I started (and got hooked on) lifting heavy in mid-Feb.
    -I completed my first 5K mud run on Saturday and finished, even with an injury.
    -I get frustrated and irritable when I can't do more than a low impact workout. (It used to be I'd get irritable when I had to do ANY workout.)
    -At 47 years of age, I am starting to look as good as all my younger friends! (Altho, I do have a chunk to go, yet.)
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm Proud of myself!!! I have never stuck to any kind of diet or change for more than a week or two. I have been on this journey since 1/15/13 add have lost 38 lbs. I feel great.....
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Wow what a loaded question!!
    I am proud that
    - Ive gone from not doing any exercise to doing 3 Jillian Michaels' dvds and completing them
    - lost 19lbs
    - went from NOT running to being registered and 12 days away from a 1/2 marathon!!! :drinker: :bigsmile:
    - zero to 20 non-stop regular push-ups
    -eating and cooking healthier

SO MANY THINGS!!!
    KUDOS to all of you for your awesome accomplishments!! :flowerforyou:
  • VictoriaFitness2010
    VictoriaFitness2010 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I am proud that after 16 years of gaining and losing weight, I haven't abandoned my goal. I am no where near where I need to be, but I haven't given up on myself. I will release this weight...
  • LjD1067
    LjD1067 Posts: 5
    Options
    I am a 264 pound 45 year old female and i just started the 30 day shred. Day one done and over with. If i can do it you can to! I can't believe i actually started it.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'm proud that I've gotten to the point where working out is a habit and I don't find it any more difficult to motivate myself to do it than I do to go to work or brush my teeth. It's just something I do most days, and I enjoy it.

I'm proud that yesterday I did overhead presses for the first time. I didn't think I could do that with the big Olympic bar but I did!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!