Calling out all of you IIFYM Preachers

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I think you were missing my point of utilizing both.

people can fit in those epic foods due to the fact they used other foods to help hunger.

I used to eat medium pizzas once a day and lose a pound every other day for 30 pounds.

I have functioned off one big meal a day and 2 protein shakes.

No I didn't, in fact I said ignoring either was a mistake.

From your original post:
    You need to stop preaching the whole bull**** about it doesnt matter about what food you eat.
    We aren't, well I can't speak for others. I'm not.
    You are drifting from the original point of IIFYM. it allows moderation and is sustainable. It wasnt meant for you to eat mcdonalds everyday and throw in a protein shake to hit your daily amounts.
    I do however drink a protein shake every day to hit my protein targets. I could easily have McDonald's daily, however that's not my thing as I prefer other indulgence foods.

You're talking about extremes, i.e. chugging olive oil mixed with protein powder to hit your macros and then spending whatever's left on Twinkies. I'm arguing that the arguments you're claiming (even though you didn't specify a percentage) aren't really valid.

Hit your target calories (or close to it). Hit your protein. Hit your fat. Don't be dumb about it; get food from varied sources and eat some veggies.

Chances are, on the above, you'll be fine. Most people that I know on this site preach that.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    chugging olive oil mixed with protein powder to hit your macros and then spending whatever's left on Twinkies.

I might do this one day just to make Reddy explode. But I might make it coconut oil. I'll have to heat it up to liquefy it. I guess I could do coconut oil-protein pudding.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    CAN'T YOU SEE THIS BARNYARD ANIMAL NOISE GUESSING GAME IS TEARING US APART?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    chugging olive oil mixed with protein powder to hit your macros and then spending whatever's left on Twinkies.

I might do this one day just to make Reddy explode. But I might make it coconut oil. I'll have to heat it up to liquefy it. I guess I could do coconut oil-protein pudding.

On a day I am completely sedentary, I can have:

5.5 scoops of protein powder
    3 tablespoons of coconut oil
    5 Twinkies

On a raquetball day I could have 10 Twinkies.
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options
    I have nothing to add.

No I do. I had McDonalds today. Mmmmm.

Well, I had McDonalds... plus Arby's...plus... Waffle House... plus Crispey Kreme *snap snap snap*

*Throws up an IIFYM gang sign and a head nod*
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add.

Well, I had McDonalds... plus Arby's...plus... Waffle House... plus Crispey Kreme *snap snap snap*

And no micros were met this day! :tongue:
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add.

And no micros were met this day! :tongue:

Or macros
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

do it. i dare you.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Man, this *****ing train is still going on? Excellent.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add.

i would highly suggest putting your toilet roll in the fridge.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    LOL!
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Now I am confused to whether I would be labeled an IIFYM or a Clean Eater, or a Clean Eater who gets dirty on occasion because I can and will eat fast food (oh noes!), or a BiPolar IIFYM/Clean Eater, or Just have enough common sense to eat the things that are the healthier options that will prevent me from being hungry throughout the day because they have a great balance of nutrients. Screw IIFYM and Clean Eating I am starting a new way of eating and I am calling it....Common Sense.
  • filthyfit12
    Options
    I just started with IIFYM, coming off a competition. I eat clean 90% of the time, but I save my Poptart ice cream sandwiches for my post-workout treat. We don't all eat crap all day just because it fits in our macros.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I just started with IIFYM, coming off a competition. I eat clean 90% of the time, but I save my Poptart ice cream sandwiches for my post-workout treat. We don't all eat crap all day just because it fits in our macros.

Thread_Necromancy_3038_zpse042385b.jpg
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Kill it!!!!!!

And beer and ice cream.

That's all I have.
  • aelunyu
    aelunyu Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Kill it!!!!!!

And beer and ice cream.