What is your TRUE reasons for wanting to get in shape?

Options

Replies

• NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    look good naked.
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    Well I want to get to a weight where if I decide to not workout for a week or so I won't feel like it's the end of the world and all my exercising was ruined by doing that.
  • sleesang
    sleesang Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    To look and feel good! I am over 40 and I want to keep in shape and have the energy to keep up with my 9 year old daughter. As you get older it's harder to lose weight. MFP has taught me to pay attention to what my body is taking in and I am seeing results and I just recently joined.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I want to feel good while naked. :drinker:

^^^^ This. I am very self conscious...

Also, I am moving to Hawaii in the summer. I want to hike, surf, bike, water ski, etc...
    I need to be in good shape to do some of that.

Plus, I want to be hotter than I was when my bf first met me. And I want to be able to go running/hiking/etc with him. :smile:
  • prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Simple vanity, I have booked a first ever cruise next September, and there are a number of formal evenings. At my old size I could not get a dinner suit to fit me. So I have nearly lost enough to now get one. Yes I just want to look like James Bond in a tux.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    so it would make my junk look bigger.
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I'm fat......
  • ebr250
    ebr250 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I feel physically horrible when I'm not. Who wants to live life feeling sick all the time?? Yuck!
  • DiveBarDanceHall
    DiveBarDanceHall Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    To use my body as the magnificent instrument I know it has the potential to be.

When I watch these lean, strong women doing yoga poses or pushing themselves as far as their body or mind will allow them to go, I feel envious. I want that and I know with dedication, commitment and a good support system I can do it. Need all the help I can get here, people!

Friend me to help keep me focused, because God knows we can’t take on this journey alone.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    99% HEALTH - when I was younger, vanity was always my primary reason for losing weight and exercising.

Now... in my 40's, vanity really isn't a factor. (Maybe 1% of me likes buying size 4/6 clothing) But generally, I couldn't care less about looking hot, whether I have a six pack, whether my breast size is appealing, or whether men are noticing me! LOL I just want to feel strong and fit and energetic as I approach middle age. I don't want to develop diabetes or have to take cholesterol/blood pressure meds.

Both of my parents are in their 70's now and are both very healthy and have not developed any chronic health conditions. They have both been lifelong models of fitness and health for me. How great is it that my 'elderly' parents can still climb Mt. Washington and go biking through the Rocky Mountains? They're my heroes and they are the inspiration for me to work so hard to stay trim and fit.
  • runwmeNC
    runwmeNC Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    To save money.... I'm tired of always having to pay for sex.
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I want to look HOT for my hubby and also get really toned and as I put it to my husband I want a man to look at me and know I could kick his tail if I needed to lol
  • mrsClark112014
    Options
    I want to look fantastic in my wedding dress.
  • crystaltips78
    Options
    Hi Just joined and wanted to say hello. I started the diet way of life a long time ago and started out at 24.6 st I was 25yrs old and had a son and a husband. We decided to diet and got stuck into it. I lost alot of weight......I actually at the end weighed 8. 7 st but to get there I had got to the point where I was only eating 1 proper meal a week and popping laxatives like smarties. I saw a dr 5yrs ago now and he basically told me if I didnt start eating I wasnt going to see my lad reach his 12th birthday. My marriage was over and I was starting to see a new fella. I gradually started eating and put some weight back on but now this far down the line I have no bowel function without the help of prescribed laxatives and I have numerous tummy ailments. I weigh today 15st 7lbs and am totally miserable. I have no self confidence and am incredibly self conscious. Im still with the new fella (not so new now) but am convinced that if my weight increases any more he will leave eventually. I so need some help and support but dont feel I can get that with my family. I always watch what I eat and keep my calories as low as I can but I must be going really wrong somewhere because ive put on the last 3 st in about 5 months. Any advice or kicks up the bum are very welcome and i am happy to chat with everyone. cheers for listening peeps Chris xx
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Initially - to look good. Now? to be healthy
  • kidakiwi
    kidakiwi Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Vanity lol I am tired of going out for a drink with friends and never being asked to dance. It's more of a confidence thing, I don't feel pretty when I get dressed up, I want to be the first everyone wants to talk to, not the last.

This times 10000000. I know that feeling oh so well. And the fact that I really don't want to be be fat in my 30's. I also think I will have a better chance of finding a guy if I was more confident in my own skin.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I'm looking at applying as a pole dancer by night and a supermodel by day.
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    At this point it's vanity. I want to look good without a shirt on. I'm starting to feel less self-conscious, but I want to start being confident.

I'm in fairly decent shape (now) so health and sports performance, which were drivers in the past, have become less important.
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Because I'm hyper-critical of myself and I have a hard time looking past the things I see as imperfections...so I need to fix them.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    To get rid of my belly/muffin top. Still working on that... :grumble: