What is your TRUE reasons for wanting to get in shape?

Options

Replies

• kiwidrop
    kiwidrop Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Going to Jamaica in July for a family reunion. Seeing some family who have called me fat in the past and don't want to hear those comments again. Sucky main reason, but it's true. My other reasons of course are health, comfort, general body satisfaction, but their not the reasons that are driving me to try and do this more quickly.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    To look good naked! :bigsmile:
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I'm looking at applying as a pole dancer by night and a supermodel by day.

You too?
  • zianazim1025
    zianazim1025 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So my husband is amazed that i look hotter now after 5 years and a baby then i did when he first saw me. ( I was at my lowest weight and best shape 120 pounds im 4"11)

So my daughter learns to eat things she likes in moderation and so she knows that her mommy has always done the things she sets out to do!

For myself :-) because i always feel like i can do anything when i get in shape and live a healthy life.
    And to look really good in ANYTHING that i wear no matter what it is.
  • christou84
    christou84 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My main reason is because I want to be HEALTHY!! As much as I'd like to say that I don't care about the #'s on the scale, I do LOL.. I also want to be comfortable with what "I" see in the mirror everyday, and be a great example for my kids :)
  • Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    MjAxMy02OGEzOWJjNDYwMTNmOWFi_5165c4d31246b.png

But also my blood pressure.
  • carolynhart01
    carolynhart01 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have a really fit FB friend who posts these pics of really fit, strong women (she is a trainer, runner, spinnerr, gym rat). Someday, I will look like that. At least that is what my hubby said last night when I asked him if he thinks I can do it. :)
  • kiwidrop
    kiwidrop Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Vanity lol I am tired of going out for a drink with friends and never being asked to dance. It's more of a confidence thing, I don't feel pretty when I get dressed up, I want to be the first everyone wants to talk to, not the last.

This times 10000000. I know that feeling oh so well. And the fact that I really don't want to be be fat in my 30's. I also think I will have a better chance of finding a guy if I was more confident in my own skin.

Also agree with these posts so much!! Although, I'm married and not dating or looking to date, I would love to be hit on once in a while and not feel so ackward in front of people.
  • MeriLeMay
    MeriLeMay Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    80% health, 20% is hodge-podge reasoning of wanting to help teach my grandchildren healthy lifestyle choices and the benefits of, I want to feel good and have energy again, I want to ride a roller coaster again, I want to shop in any store I please
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    It started as my being ashamed of how I looked and felt and wanting to be able to feel good about myself and be able to do the things I want to do in life.

Then I went to the doctor and they expressed some pretty hefty concerns about my heart. They wanted to put me on medications for people twice my age (I'm 26) because they are convinced I'm going to have an early heart attack. After seeing what my mom's 4 heart attacks did to us and our family I decided that I refuse to allow that to happen. I want a family and I don't want to put them through what my Mother has put us through...

So I suppose my TRUE purpose for wanting to get in shape is for my future, and my future family.
  • mangomango21
    mangomango21 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Vanity purposes, I'm often told I have a pretty face and great personality but yet I'm never the girl asked out and when I am someone has always has to say something a long the lines of 'well he asked me out but I said no' or 'it's you that likes him....'! So when i've lost this weight and am looking good in shape I want to be see these people and be like now i'm a triple threat 'face, body and perosonality'. Very vain and a little bit silly but the thought of doing this makes me want to get my goal! Also I'm sooo uncomfortable and cannot live like this anymore!
  • Babieseverywhere
    Babieseverywhere Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I want to be around for our four lovely children, as they grow up and get married and start their own families and I want to be active enough to live to a ripe old age whilst hugging my lovely husband. :)
  • Shawnzgirl78
    Shawnzgirl78 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    At first it was because I saw a picture and my stomach was repulsive. However, once I started eating better and exercising, I realized how GOOD I felt and got more in to it because of that. My stomach has come down quite a bit but is still needing some work - so I guess it is a combination of all those things!
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I was missing out on being the best mom I could be...
    I hate going to an amusement park because I worried in each line that I might not fit...
    I was approaching 40 and my dad died at 63...I didn't want to do that to my kids...
    I love to travel, but avoid the coasts because I don't want to wear my swimsuit...
  • rainbow1974
    rainbow1974 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have never really been big (apart from after babies) but have always wobbled. Now that 40 is approaching, and I am in a new chapter in my life, I want to be the person I always wanted to be. My sister has done it, so now its my turn. I don't have a lot to lose, but that stone is really hard to shift. But by the time the summer comes, I want to be in a bikini and look fit (abs on show!)
    I also want to show my son (he needs to lose his tummy) that exercise can be fun!
  • ShellSpann
    Options
    I want to feel good about the way I look, feel comfortable in shorts (I never wear them!) and be healthy for my kids :)
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I am tired of being tired and in pain.
  • Rachshuv
    Rachshuv Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My husband is hot and I want to be too!
    Plus, my over achieving type personality says I need to be good at everything. The little girl inside me says to deserve love you need to be good...:)

I want to do life right. Healthy is right x
  • Pixie_star1234
    Pixie_star1234 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Health! and to look gorgeous!!!:)
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    At my age looking hot has long passed. I am doing it mainly for health. I am my grandkids guardians should something happen to their parents. I want to be around for a long time in case God forbid, something happens. Also I want to be more active to enjoy activities with my family. My kids and husband are very active, and if I am going to keep up with them, I can't do it at the weight I was in January. So I guess health and fitness are my real reasons. And if I look great for my age, then that is just an added bonus.