Some people can be super negative when replying to posts...

Options
1234568»

Replies

1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Might I introduce you to the "ignore" button to your left? I hate to see people respond instantly with rude comments and attacks as well. I don't understand what they think it will accomplish. Yet, it goes on. Of course they like to defend the jackassery by saying that they are helping or supporting others. Which is just an excuse to inflict ones own personal ego trip on others. I don't understand why the ones who act this way can't try being just a smidge more pleasant in their responses. It wouldn't hurt.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    This type of post is really cliche.

With over 6000 posts I'm sure you've written your share of cliches lol

I love how ppl assume just because it says 1000 or 6000 it is all comments on a debatable forum topic. I have only been here for a little over 2 weeks but I play a bunch of different word games in the chit chat section. It adds up very quickly.
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Options
    Some people take internet forums wayyyyy too seriously. I was a frequent poster on another message board (pregnancy related) and the same thing happened there. Take the poster in this thread for example who said other posters should search topics before posting a topic that may have already been discussed. What is the big deal? If a person doesn't want to discuss it again, they don't have to click on it and respond. People are so dramatic! When you see someone being rude, look at their post count. I bet they have been around for awhile and think they are the board police. Then, ignore them. They suck.
    Options
    Some people take internet forums wayyyyy too seriously. I was a frequent poster on another message board (pregnancy related) and the same thing happened there. Take the poster in this thread for example who said other posters should search topics before posting a topic that may have already been discussed. What is the big deal? If a person doesn't want to discuss it again, they don't have to click on it and respond. People are so dramatic! When you see someone being rude, look at their post count. I bet they have been around for awhile and think they are the board police. Then, ignore them. They suck.

I gotta agree about that search thing. For one thing sometimes you may find a thread in the search, but it may have 499 responses. It sometimes better just to post again!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

You are SO mean!!!

But seriously...how do you drink more water? It's just so disgusting.
  • shan0881
    shan0881 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree totally! There was some of that just yesterday and I almost commented that we could be a bit nicer, remember the whole "if you cant say anything nice"? However I realize some people may interpret things differently..but really? What I read was out right degrading to the person that asked the question. Honestly, we ALL ask silly questions sometimes..doesn't give people the right to be hurtful.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

You are SO mean!!!

Get back into the closet!! I haven't untied you!!!
  • sexymuffintop
    Options

You are SO mean!!!

You let me out to make your dinner and clean the house...did you forget?!
  • whierd
    Options

Oh def. I post about 28% "Would bang", 22% "Would not bang", 12% "Helpful advice", 18% "Unhelpful advice" and 17% "Trolling/Gifs". That is the total breakdown of my posting styles.
  • whierd
    Options

You are SO mean!!!

You cleaned and cooked yesterday. I told you I was eating muffins today.
  • sexymuffintop
    Options

You are SO mean!!!

Honey, you just get more romantic by the day....
  • whierd
    Options

I love how ppl assume just because it says 1000 or 6000 it is all comments on a debatable forum topic. I have only been here for a little over 2 weeks but I play a bunch of different word games in the chit chat section. It adds up very quickly.

Pfft, I would say that less than 10% of my posts are due to debatable forum topics. It usually isn't worth my time or someone with a similar viewpoint already posted.
  • whierd
    Options

You are SO mean!!!

Only the best for you. :heart:
  • Hike_higher
    Options

Geez...........sensitive much? I made a light hearted comment !! I certainly wasn't trying to angrily bash his comment! Wow!! My only assumption was someone could take a joke !! I'll try to look for the more fun threads next time :)
    Options

You are SO mean!!!

Honey? Please.... EVERYONE knows that if you ever want to get to 1200 calories you HAVE to eat peanut butter! Honey will not work!
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options

You are SO mean!!!
    Who's Muffin?

Honey? Please.... EVERYONE knows that if you ever want to get to 1200 calories you HAVE to eat peanut butter! Honey will not work!