Lower Back Tattoos

Options

Replies

• JustQuitIt
    Options
    I think all tattoos are eyesores. They make attractive people look kind of trashy. Just my humble opinion.

You know what else makes people look kind of trashy? Judgmental comments.

Wooooooooord :)
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Would anyone have gotten their tattoos some decades ago when they weren't socially acceptable?

I got my first 16 years ago. It certainly wasn't socially acceptable where I lived. To be honest, I wanted it because it was one of the first decisions you can make as an adult. But, it was done in a place that could be covered if I decided I hated it later. I loved it and have gotten 4 more since. Yes, they are more socially acceptable, however in my profession I don't believe it's acceptable to have them exposed. So, they are all placed in locations that can be covered.
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    I think all tattoos are eyesores. They make attractive people look kind of trashy. Just my humble opinion.

wait.. I wanna be trashy.... :tongue:
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Can they be cool/interesting/classy? Or are they always "tramp stamps"?

Personally I think it's unfortunate they get such a bad rap, since it's nice place for a tattoo.

But at the same time, I've never seen one in person that gave off a "classy" vibe...

What do you think?
    “Class never runs scared. It is sure-footed and confident, and it can handle whatever comes along. Class has a sense of humor. It knows that a good laugh is the best lubricant for oiling the machinery of human relations. Class never makes excuses. It takes its lumps and learns from mistakes. Class is comfortable in its own skin. It never puts on airs. Class never tries to build itself up by tearing others down. Class is already up and need not attempt to look better by making others look worse. Class can walk with kings and keep its virtue and talk with crowds and keep the common touch. Everyone is comfortable with the person who has class because s/he is comfortable with him/herself. If you have class, you've got it made. If you don't have class, no matter what else you have, it won't make up for it.”

Nope- don't see anything here about class not having tatoos. So I guess class is dependent on your actions/character. Classy people therefore have classy tattoos.
  • BenChase
    BenChase Posts: 169
    Options
    <
    is my tramp stamp trashy? :huh:
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    it could be that phrase "tramp stamp" affecting my opinion here..but the only way i'd get a tattoo on my lower back is if it were smaller and to one side. i'm not a fan of anything that is centered, spans the whole back, or is symmetrical on either side.

like so:

Lower-Back-Tattoo-Design-2.jpg
  • jerknoir
    jerknoir Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    <
    ooh look at the sIZE of that thing u just bgeging 4 attention u big trAshy slut

:wink:
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorites

tramp_stamp.jpg
  • BenChase
    BenChase Posts: 169
    Options
    <
    ooh look at the sIZE of that thing u just bgeging 4 attention u big trAshy slut

:wink:

oh man,now with this new info i'm going to have to sell the house and move into a trailer,possibly buy some american flags and more beer. all of that should be pretty simple but the mullet growing might be tough :laugh:
  • hmandt70
    hmandt70 Posts: 45
    Options

tramp_stamp.jpg

oh wow. there are just no words.... :noway:
  • FearAndTrembling
    Options
    I hear this rationalization all the time, and disagree with it. People get tattoos for other people, not themselves. It's like saying you wear makeup for yourself. Say I like Superman; I know I like Superman, but I get the tattoo so that others know it too. It is an outward expression. One does not express oneself to oneself, they express themselves to others. It's a really cheap and shallow form of expression in my opinion, too. I would never reduce myself to expressing myself through designs painted on my body. End rant.
    This is the most ridiculous bunch of BS I've ever heard. I have a tattoo planned out of a phoenix. It will be on my ribs. It will be easily covered up everywhere I go. The only person who will see it is me. And I'll see it every freaking day. Do you know why? Because I died. And came back to life. I'm a new person now. I'm not the same as before. I was a quadriplegic, had to learn to walk again, had to learn to read again, had to practice coloring with my 1 and 2 year olds to learn to write again. I have literally been reborn since then. I am stronger mentally, emotionally, and physically. All things the phoenix brings to mind. I will proudly look at that every day for the rest of my life, knowing that I am a survivor and that I came out ahead after, quite literally, coming out of the ashes. This is for ME. No one else. It is how I am choosing to honor where I've been and where I'm going. For ME. When I look in that mirror and see it, I will be reminded of my struggle and the obstacles I've overcome. That is not for any one else. JUST ME.

Go take your judgement and backwards thinking elsewhere.

So you need to put some design on your body to remember all this? You aren't capable of remembering this without it? The tattoo is totally superfluous. Tattoos are outward eccentricity compensating for inner mediocrity.

"“My crown is in my heart, not on my head; not decked with diamonds and Indian stones, nor to be seen: my crown is called content, a crown it is that seldom kings enjoy.”

My content is not on my skin. It isn't related to my appearance.
  • jerknoir
    jerknoir Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I hear this rationalization all the time, and disagree with it. People get tattoos for other people, not themselves. It's like saying you wear makeup for yourself. Say I like Superman; I know I like Superman, but I get the tattoo so that others know it too. It is an outward expression. One does not express oneself to oneself, they express themselves to others. It's a really cheap and shallow form of expression in my opinion, too. I would never reduce myself to expressing myself through designs painted on my body. End rant.
    This is the most ridiculous bunch of BS I've ever heard. I have a tattoo planned out of a phoenix. It will be on my ribs. It will be easily covered up everywhere I go. The only person who will see it is me. And I'll see it every freaking day. Do you know why? Because I died. And came back to life. I'm a new person now. I'm not the same as before. I was a quadriplegic, had to learn to walk again, had to learn to read again, had to practice coloring with my 1 and 2 year olds to learn to write again. I have literally been reborn since then. I am stronger mentally, emotionally, and physically. All things the phoenix brings to mind. I will proudly look at that every day for the rest of my life, knowing that I am a survivor and that I came out ahead after, quite literally, coming out of the ashes. This is for ME. No one else. It is how I am choosing to honor where I've been and where I'm going. For ME. When I look in that mirror and see it, I will be reminded of my struggle and the obstacles I've overcome. That is not for any one else. JUST ME.

So you need to put some design on your body to remember all this? You aren't capable of remembering this without it? The tattoo is totally superfluous. Tattoos are outward eccentricity compensating for inner mediocrity.

"“My crown is in my heart, not on my head; not decked with diamonds and Indian stones, nor to be seen: my crown is called content, a crown it is that seldom kings enjoy.”

I keep trying to find words for how disgusting you are but none can measure.
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options

Do you need photos to remember your wedding? Postcards to remember your vacation? A diploma to commemorate your education? Memorializing or symbolizing an event, person, or sentiment with body art is just an extension of that.

If you don't like tattoos, don't get one.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I don't know why, but I am always amazed at how people get so offended and need to attack when they have a differing opinion. I think that people who have tattoos are doing their own thing. The same way I am doing my own thing by not having any tattoos. I have been harshly criticized for being with no ink. I know some very productive, intelligent, trustworthy people with tattoos. Tattoos do not make a person a sub-standard human being. However, they look terrible. I suppose I should get into the habit of adding a mile of fine print to every comment so as not to offend the thin skinned folks in the world. :laugh:

Can you tell us exactly what the circumstances were that you happened to be "harshly criticized for being with no ink"?
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options

Wow. You're kind of a jerk. If you don't like tattoos, just don't get one.

Edited to add: Saying someone has "inner mediocrity" based solely on the fact that they have a tattoo is what makes you a jerk, not the fact that you happen not to agree with people having them.
  • veddar79
    veddar79 Posts: 205
    Options

what a tool bag
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options

Wow, so would wearing a blue shirt be a cheap and shallow form of expression? I really like blue and by wearing the shirt you know I like blue too. Just admit that you really want a tatoo but are afraid of the needle!!!
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    it could be that phrase "tramp stamp" affecting my opinion here..but the only way i'd get a tattoo on my lower back is if it were smaller and to one side. i'm not a fan of anything that is centered, spans the whole back, or is symmetrical on either side.

like so:

Lower-Back-Tattoo-Design-2.jpg

Honey, that is really cute!
  • toni_myers0915
    toni_myers0915 Posts: 50 Member
    Options

tramp_stamp.jpg

Umm well that is definately not "classy" :noway:
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options