why are girls competitive at the gym?

Options
123457»

Replies

• wolveslovemee
    wolveslovemee Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Having started CF, I noticed usually most of us girls segregate into groups, ie: Youre in my range, shes out of my range, and we have healthy competitions between our reasonable body fitnesses. However, if someone does well, great, we cheer for them, but I notice the girls are always cheering on the last person WAY more than the first.

I like being competitive, but I also LOVE to see people cheer others on, especially the last person.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I only notice other women when they are lifting heavier weights than me. And the emotion I experience is usually 'F yeah'.
    As long as they stay in the cardio section where they belong, I could care less.

*ducks*

The hell? Really?

Dont want them getting bulky.
    :laugh: that's how I became a hulk, true story.

OMG you are so hyuuuuge!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I usually only notice if another woman is lifting 2 pound baby weights, I can't help thinking it's not going to do her much good. Other than that, I'm usually only thinking about what I'm doing.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    This is one reason I was so happy when I moved into a building with a gym. I am almost always alone in there and it is glorious. Occasionally I'll see an elderly lady walking on the treadmill or using a stationary bike, but for the most part I get to be all by myself with no judgey faces or creepy dudes staring at my boobs while I run.
  • smantha32
    Options
    oops... double post. :smile:
  • smantha32
    Options
    The only girl I look at while I'm at the gym (other than myself) is the collegiate hammer throw girl who works her *kitten* off and has beautiful muscles. I am in awe of her.

And then when I get home I take the cell phone pics I secretly captured of her and laugh maniacally as I photoshop my head onto her body.

This actually got a laugh out loud. :drinker:
  • smantha32
    Options

That's why men are our slaves. They'd rather make everyone feel good and smooth over any jealousy than get ahead in the world. Now I need to have my cabana boy fix me a drink.

I need more friends like you. :drinker:
  • smantha32
    Options
    chick-high-heels-treadmill-fail.gif

Is she running in pumps? :noway: It's no wonder she faceplanted. dumbass.
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Because girls are catty, jealous creatures. We are our own worst enemies.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I am never jealous of what anyone else has no matter if it is looks or anything else. I think that is such a sad way to live your life. Now if a guy is on the treadmill next to me I will show him how it's done. Most of them are a bit lazy at mine.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Because girls are catty, jealous creatures. We are our own worst enemies.

Maybe girls are, but I don't believe women are.
  • aelitaangels
    aelitaangels Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I sometimes compete with other girls without them knowing.
    It's not that I'm judging them or anything, or going "haha I'm so much better than them"
    I'm just competitive by nature and competing with girls who I can see are doing better than me helps me push myself further
    Kinda like "I wanna be on her level" kind of thoughts *shrug*
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    When I was 9 months pregnant I was walking on the stair master doing intervals. His older woman kept staring at me and pushing her tempo up the whole time. She was obviously trying to compete with meit was hilarious.