This may sound evil, but....keeping it real.

Options
MeIShouldB
MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
I'm working really hard to get fit. By the time I get married and start thinking about having kids I will have gotten my goal body. So after all that work, I can't help but think how bad it would suck to have a baby and gain it all back plus some.

Replies

• JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    It does suck, but it's worth every pound. You will have to work hard to get it back off after the baby, but it's very possible. We all think it so it's not evil. :)
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Get a dog or cat instead.
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    At least you would have already traveled down that road. You are 23 thinking about your goal body, but life is always bringing new goals to the table and fitness is no different. No one really reaches their goal body and if they do the new goal is to sustain it, which is hard work. It doesn't stop and you have to be in it for the duration or you will just be another sap on the couch eating chips and wishing, hoping.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    People work out while pregnant. As long as the doctor Ok's it, there is no reason to think you are going to totally fall apart.

That's the nicest thing I have to say, just keeping it real.
  • lizibame
    lizibame Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    one of the aerobics instructors at my gym is 8 weeks til her due date and looks fabulous, i doubt she's gained much more weight than the baby itself. it's completely possible (and there's quite a few hanging around on here) to work out during the pregnancy and as long as you control your food and not eat burgers 10 times a day you don't have to gain a ton of weight in the first place. my sister went home from the hospital in her pre pregnancy pants!
  • cynthiadmail
    cynthiadmail Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I had the same thoughts before I found out I was pregnant .
    But after the laughs,the hugs the kisses I get its all worth it.
    Not evil thoughts just human. So no worries.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    You can do a fake pregnancy like Beyonce.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
  • _Wonder_Woman_
    Options
    It's better to go into it fit, than not. You'll rebound a lot quicker :)
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Then don't have babies.
  • Mavrick7a
    Mavrick7a Posts: 1,353
    Options
    @OP - I have many female friends that have been through the marriage and baby thing, and have continued to maintain a sexy figure. It takes a lot of work, but they were able to do it. Many of my FL have children and are also in the late 30s and mid 40s. :smile:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I see pregnant women in the gym frequently, some of them even doing Bodypump. When you truly want a child of your own, this won't make a difference. I would hate to think someone decided against children because of weight gain.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    also, after two children and a ton of hard work I look better now than I did before them.

It's all about attitude and hard work.
    It seems you have the hard work down..
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    lomxGLD.gif
    That being said, i wholeheartedly support your decision not to have babies.
  • Elicur
    Elicur Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I can relate, but you can't have it all and not work hard for it.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Get a dog or cat instead.

I like this idea.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Haha! That's kinda funny. I always suspect some girls don't have kids for that very reason.

Anyway, I was in awesome shape when I had my first 10+ years ago. Then I got stretchmarks. But I had no regrets and I bounced back stronger than before stretchmarks and all. Then I got pregnant and miscarried in March 2011. Got in shape again. By Nov 2011 pregnant again. Now I have another beautiful girl and am working my way back into shape.

What's my point? I think it's sad to miss out on the love of a child for vanity. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen, but children, especially your own are the best. That said, if people don't want children because they hate children, then they shouldn't have children.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    It's worth it.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    yep, definitely time to start worrying about that stuff now. got to get a jump start on negative thinking