What is/was good about being a big/curvy person?

Options
AIZZO4
AIZZO4 Posts: 404 Member
We always talk about and hear why it sucks to be a bigger person. I would like to hear what you liked about being big. Yes, I know we are here to lose weight and become healthier but let’s have a little fun with it. I will give you some of my reasons why I like being a big guy.

1. People don’t really mess with me in a negative way. I have never been in a fight and I am always the guy people call if they need someone to back them up. I like that.

2. People always want to feed me. Yes, I have had to fight that now, but it was kind of being the taste tester.

I can think of a few more reasons, but I would like to hear yours, if you have any. Please keep this light hearted and fun.

Replies

• Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    My boobs are bigger.....:ohwell:
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options

Yep, that's about it.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I like to promote a healthy lifestyle, but truth be told...I like cruves and a lil meat on the bones too. Mmmm hmmmm...
  • christy3565
    christy3565 Posts: 349
    Options

Yep, that's about it.

Yep...first thing to go....:sad:
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options

haha!! true!
  • Jason67o48
    Options
    Where to begin.. Oh just good things? lol well

1. Growing up I also rarely got into fights. I think my weight along with my height made me look intimidating to some and I never liked to fight because really it does hurt, lmao.

2. I believe being big helped me learn to become a better person to other people. Beiong able to see the wide spectrrum of haters out there gave me insight on how to not be a hater. I feel it gave me an advantage to grow up quicker than other guys in a very mature and gentlemanly like fashion. It put me in the position to learn form other peoples actions/mistakes instead of my own when it came to relationships.

3. Yes, like you. Everyone wanted to feed me, LOL! Especially my best friends mom. Always love to make perogues for us. My whole family, when they made me a plate of food at whatever event.The plate was really hearty, lol.

4. At times more oftehn than not, it was pretty awesome to be that big. Participated in lots of basketball, football in my teens / 20's and my weight was such a great advantage on the football field and below the rim when I had to box people out, lol. I remember once when I was 19 I played a pick up game of tackle football vs. a local park district and another big guy on the opposing team made a deal with me before the game. The deal was, on the opening kick off, we would go heads up like you would see 2 mountain rams go head to head, lmao. What where we thinking. Anyway he wasn't as heavy as I was but much taller and very much in shape. We collided mid-field not even caring where the football was and led to be the best part of the game. When we collided I closed my eyes and lowered my head and I think he did the same but too late. Everryone said I launched him at least 6 feet back and took him out for the game, lmao. Funniest athletic moment of my life.

5. I managed to gain ALOT of VERY good friends that I still talk to today and even though I'm no longer 400 plus lbs they still call me "poppa bear" and 'big papa'. Not insulting at all and it gives me good vibes as it leads to thoughts of yester-year.

Not sure I can go on anymore about what was good as a heffer and I'm pretty much babbling now so I will end here :) The tings is I'm sure all the bad outweighed the good in the end when it comes down to it. Morbid Obesity wasn't such a gerat idea on my part wish I had solid guidance back then. So much I could have done.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I love all my curves....except my belly. I hope I do not lose my bottom, but seeing as it is mostly muscle already it has not shrunk just lifted back to where it was in my twenties. :flowerforyou:
  • abrandnewme18
    Options
    lots of cleavage.
  • TheFabTam
    TheFabTam Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Fantastic boobs, Torrid, never getting asked to go for a jog, and most importantly sleeping in!!!!!
  • andrea464
    andrea464 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    My boobs are awesome. I'd be really sad if I were this fat and had small boobs!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options

Yep, that's about it.

And when I say "go", I mean "shrink and the remains traveling south for the winter and not coming back..."
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    MY *kitten* AND BOOBS ARE BIGGER!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    No one expected me to run a marathon
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said. Boobs.
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options

Yep, that's about it.

Definitely this!
  • allikat93
    allikat93 Posts: 236
    Options
    I'm a big fan of my butt :)
  • losingweightatl
    Options
    boobs n butt
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    i'll jump on the band wagon! bigger boobs.
  • BlackEyedPanda
    BlackEyedPanda Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    When I was a bit bigger I didn't get men harrassing me on the street. Now that I have lost about 20kg since last summer I get that again and I really, really hate it so much!
  • FinallyFindingLisa
    FinallyFindingLisa Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    The ladies have shrunk (a lot!) but even more - I miss my insulation - I am cold all the time!! I never used to need even a long sleeved shirt, now I need a long sleeved shirt over a thermal shirt and under a sweatshirt - only time I'm warm, working out :sad: