What is/was good about being a big/curvy person?

Options

Replies

• allikat93
    allikat93 Posts: 236
    Options
    The ladies have shrunk (a lot!) but even more - I miss my insulation - I am cold all the time!! I never used to need even a long sleeved shirt, now I need a long sleeved shirt over a thermal shirt and under a sweatshirt - only time I'm warm, working out :sad:

Isnt that the truth!! I have lost about 20 lbs and man.. I can tell. Now Im almost always cold. (Doesnt help that I have bad circulation)
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Boobs.

I've always had a butt though, even as a 100lb ballerina.

Ready to turn my overstuffed 36D+ back into a 34B though.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    The ladies have shrunk (a lot!) but even more - I miss my insulation - I am cold all the time!! I never used to need even a long sleeved shirt, now I need a long sleeved shirt over a thermal shirt and under a sweatshirt - only time I'm warm, working out :sad:

This may be a result of still being on a long term caloric deficit. I am very small and have a fast metabolism and I am almost always very warm and generate heat (my husband snuggles up to me for warmth). When I am exposed to actual, true cold, I do get very cold and shake/shiver, teeth chattering (more than most people), but it warms me up and then I feel comfortable.
  • CaffeinatedGlitter
    CaffeinatedGlitter Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell and soda... I was also more accepted by my family since they're all bigger people and when I was younger they teased me about being "so small".....My boobs are still plenty big enough lol
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options

This may be a result of still being on a long term caloric deficit. I am very small and have a fast metabolism and I am almost always very warm and generate heat (my husband snuggles up to me for warmth). When I am exposed to actual, true cold, I do get very cold and shake and shiver (more than most people), but it warms me up and then I feel comfortable.

I agree with this, I do get colder than I used to when it is ACTUALLY cold right now, but when I was on a long term VLC diet, I was constantly freezing, even when other people were warm. I am normal now, I think, if anything back to being warmer than some people.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    The boob thing.

Really,that's all I've got.
  • Vdoll1981
    Vdoll1981 Posts: 11
    Options
    boobs. butt. and the time spent to push myself to be more outgoing, friendly, funny and charming. (most) guys will go talk to a thin girl with no problem - i had to make them want to talk to me, so i had to offer more, personality wise.

also, i'm almost always warm :)
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    A lot of girls are saying that theyre boobs got smaller, but when i lost some weight my boobs got bigger- or i just measured wrong but originally i was a 36D, now a 36DD !! I'm cool with that, but being bigger i wouldn't say less fights for me, maybe because I am a female but I actually got into a lot of them, but on the plus side I always won them :wink:

I even gotten into a fist fight with a guy because he kept calling me a fat *kitten*, and I just said oh yeah? watch this fatass kick yours! and i did :wink: almost got into big big trouble, but eventually he was embarrassed and let it go lol....

i've always been kind of average with a little extra (all belly), but I also know how to feels to be ridiculed and know to not EVER ask a woman if she's pregnant unless I know them!!! THAT people have asked me a couple times and right then and there was when I would be like OH HELL NO!!! time to lose some weight!!! Very hurtful, but I know with the people who have asked it was not intentional so I only had myself to blame. When it comes down to I was pretty comfortable with myself at 5'10 170lbs and never with a flat stomach, but i got to 200lbs and hated life i am now at 185lbs and trying to get back to 170lbs!!! so I have pretty mixed feelings on it but miss my 170lbs flat stomach or not!!! :happy:
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I really miss my butt. My son told me I am now a flatback. I was confused. He said it is a person with no but. I am very sad about this. I really enjoyed my butt. Plus my boobs have gone from a F cup to a DD. If they shrink anymore I might cry.
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    I would imagine hips and butt because if i was curvy that's what i'd want.

<~~~ Black girl with no hips or butt :grumble:
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Greater presence. lol

Boobs. Cocktails. Mindless eating of buttery foods.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Free clothes from friends who lost weight -.- not...
  • rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    No one expecting me to make healthy choices all the goddamn time.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Big =/= curvy PERIOD.... Geez if you're big,you're BIG don't "hide" it under a totally different term.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I tend to be shy so being bigger meant being invisible. Of course, when I didn't want to be, it could be frustrating. But most of the time, I liked being able to stay in the background.

With weight loss, every time I've done it, comes more and more attention. At work, it's a constant topic of conversation, people wolf whistle me, compliment me, even touch me, ask me questions, every day. It's NICE and I appreciate the support, but if you are kind of shy like me, all the new attention can be exhausting. Makes me a little self-conscious. I'm not complaining though! I felt self-conscious when fat in an entirely different way though at least no one particularly noticed lol.
  • kcrhodes85
    kcrhodes85 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    being able to sit around and eat what i want
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    people take me more seriously when i was fatter than when i was thin. that's one of the MAIN reasons i purposely wanted to be bigger.

i also feel safer. that's about being big

as for being curvy, i was that even when i was a size 4. curvy is more about body proportions than body size. i know plenty of overweight women who still look like sticks, just larger ones
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    I tend to be shy so being bigger meant being invisible. Of course, when I didn't want to be, it could be frustrating. But most of the time, I liked being able to stay in the background.

With weight loss, every time I've done it, comes more and more attention. At work, it's a constant topic of conversation, people wolf whistle me, compliment me, even touch me, ask me questions, every day. It's NICE and I appreciate the support, but if you are kind of shy like me, all the new attention can be exhausting. Makes me a little self-conscious. I'm not complaining though! I felt self-conscious when fat in an entirely different way though at least no one particularly noticed lol.

People touch you at work, HR told me that was huge no no
  • lafilleavectoi
    lafilleavectoi Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My boobs are awesome. I'd be really sad if I were this fat and had small boobs!

As someone who was big w/ small boobs, I think I'd be sadder if I had big boobs that were lost when I got thinner. Saggy, deflated boobs.
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I had more friends, people seemed to talk to me more

I liked my face better when it was more plump.

I was warmer

People weren't trying to feed me all the time...I still have like 30 pounds to go and the constant offering of food I should not be eating really takes a toll on the willpower after awhile.