What is/was good about being a big/curvy person?

Options

Replies

• Txracy
    Txracy Posts: 78
    Options
    When I was heavier, I was a 30AA. My *kitten* was gigantic, and so were my thighs.

Now, I'm 12 pants sizes smaller, and I'm a 30AA. My *kitten* is no longer gigantic, and looks proportionate to my chest, and my small nonexistent boobs look like they make sense on my body now, as opposed to before, when I looked like a gigantic toddler.

My boobs have always been this small :cry:

So, for me, there was no perk to being big. Even at my largest, I never gained "curves". If I'm going to be flat anyway, I might as well have great abs, slim thighs, and a tight *kitten*, right?
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Fat fills out wrinkles......
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I love my curves........curves over bones any day.......I have some proper hips.....and *kitten* of that matter

I can even give Kim kardashian a run for her money........ : )
  • 5walters
    5walters Posts: 32
    Options
    Well fortunately I was blessed with an hour glass figure so I like that I'm very curvy. And good or bad, it depends on how you look at it, I don't lose weight in my boobs they t still huge but my butt and hips are getting smaller.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it... but as far as anemia goes, I was "healthier" at 170 than at 139.

You can boost your iron with nutrition (this is likely due to being on a diet). I weigh 100 pounds and have a surplus of iron (and I've been seriously anemic before because of severe blood loss).

I get shots because I can't absorb iron from food. I think it "stored" better when I was bigger, but I'm back to being tired and having tingly fingers again.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I only lost 8 pounds...but I'm always ****ing cold!!! I was warmer before!!!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it... but as far as anemia goes, I was "healthier" at 170 than at 139.

You can boost your iron with nutrition (this is likely due to being on a diet). I weigh 100 pounds and have a surplus of iron (and I've been seriously anemic before because of severe blood loss).

I get shots because I can't absorb iron from food. I think it "stored" better when I was bigger, but I'm back to being tired and having tingly fingers again.

I hope it improves for you. It's true, some people have trouble storing iron, other people over store it. I had trouble storing it when I was a vegetarian for many years (and then was pregnant twice and had a lot of blood loss). I needed to add iron to my diet to increase it. I thought maybe it would help you too. Hopefully your body will regulate itself (maybe in a year). :heart:
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Big boobs. End of.
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    It was so much easier to find sizes! Now the first to go are always mediums and smalls
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I missed having the excuse to grab an extra muffin at breakfast. Or two :wink: I make good food!
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    When I was heavier, I was a 30AA. My *kitten* was gigantic, and so were my thighs.

Now, I'm 12 pants sizes smaller, and I'm a 30AA. My *kitten* is no longer gigantic, and looks proportionate to my chest, and my small nonexistent boobs look like they make sense on my body now, as opposed to before, when I looked like a gigantic toddler.

My boobs have always been this small :cry:

So, for me, there was no perk to being big. Even at my largest, I never gained "curves". If I'm going to be flat anyway, I might as well have great abs, slim thighs, and a tight *kitten*, right?

Same here. The only time I've had boobs is while I've nursed my kids. Which, thankfully, I'm doing now and plan on doing for another year.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    No one expecting me to make healthy choices all the goddamn time.

^^ This, for sure. Especially my husband. If I have anything besides chicken fish and veggies he totally questions me as if I have new morals or something lol...

And this ones kind of weird, but being underestimated. I'm actually a really fast sprinter and because I'm chubby people just don't think I have it in me. Girls in soccer and track were always shocked when they saw me run. It was always hilarious and a high to see people feel stupid hahaha
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    My boobs are bigger.....:ohwell:

Yep, that's about it.

Yep, that's about it - but because I was so fat it wasn't noticeable anyway. My backside was fatter so it was more comfy sitting - if I could fit into the chair ...
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    1.The boobs were bigger
    2. I ate everything I wanted any time I wanted as much as I wanted and I never ever thought about anything more than how good it tasted
    3. I was warmer
    4. Seats were not as hard
    5. I had a fantastic wardrobe that took me years to acquire
    6. Rings didn't roll around on my fingers
    7. My boys loved the way I cooked (deepfried everything that wouldn't fight back)

Still the list for being thin is much longer and worth the loss of everyone of these.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Being tall-ish and fat made me feel safer when it came to traveling by myself in foreign countries and different cultures. I surely wasn't as much of a target of unwanted male attention/sexual harassment, as I didn't get into any of the troubling situations that some of the more petite women I met on my travels had experienced.

That's a pretty ****ed up thing to 'like' about being overweight, jesus :indifferent:
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer being a little overweight because I like bigger boobs and butt over ripped abs. I work out a lot and have great vitals, so I'm just going to stay here or within 20 pounds. I don't want to get to my goal weight any more. I feel sexier like this and I notice when I look at other chicks, I never think the thin ones are what I want to look like.

I get more compliments when I am a combo of athletic and curvy than just thinner. I would just like to lose some more of my belly though.

I don't feel stressed about my calories, and in fact, I don't count them. I just try to eat pretty healthy and stay active. I feel "normal," not precarious. When I'm thinner I always feel there's no room for error and I'm very stressed all the time about it.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer being a little overweight because I like bigger boobs and butt over ripped abs. I work out a lot and have great vitals, so I'm just going to stay here or within 20 pounds. I don't want to get to my goal weight any more. I feel sexier like this and I notice when I look at other chicks, I never think the thin ones are what I want to look like.

I get more compliments when I am a combo of athletic and curvy than just thinner. I would just like to lose some more of my belly though.

I don't feel stressed about my calories, and in fact, I don't count them. I just try to eat pretty healthy and stay active. I feel "normal," not precarious. When I'm thinner I always feel there's no room for error and I'm very stressed all the time about it.

This is my goal mindset (which is more important than my goal weight) Happy you've reached it! :drinker:
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    My boobs are bigger.....:ohwell:

I couldn't think of a single thing that I would love about being big,,,but then yes, you reminded me, Big Boobs...lol.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options

Some girls and women need to take notes on this. You sound very secure in your own body and don't feel forced to fit the "mold" :flowerforyou:
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I think if we focus more on our health stats and what our bodies can DO, like setting fitness goals that are not appearance-related, we feel happier and more confident. Then, usually weight follows for the most part, to a certain level of equilibrium. Some people do need to get their vitals more in check and weight loss can definitely help with that. So, maybe one person's goal is being able to walk a mile each day and another person's is training for a marathon. You can have functional goals at any size!