What is/was good about being a big/curvy person?

Options

Replies

• Shawnzgirl78
    Shawnzgirl78 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My boobs are bigger.....:ohwell:
    *lmao* LOVE this!
    Also, you are warmer...
    The biggest I was was 150 tho so not that big
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    what isn't? i wouldn't have it any other way!
  • katy_trail
    Options

as for being curvy, i was that even when i was a size 4. curvy is more about body proportions than body size. i know plenty of overweight women who still look like sticks, just larger ones

yes, this

I was never a size 4. the absolute smallest was early in high school about an 8/10, completely unrealistic now.
    i've never wanted to be anything but curvy. the only downside ever was attention when i wasn't old enough to
    understand it, but that's really it. i've never wanted to be any other body shape either. hour glass is just fine for me
    and the guys :love: :blushing:
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    people take me more seriously when i was fatter than when i was thin. that's one of the MAIN reasons i purposely wanted to be bigger.

^^^ this, most of the time I feel like no one is really listening when I talk, I even catch people looking me up and down while I'm talking to them and sometimes I feel like they think I am some blond white trash bimbo that doesn't know what she's talking about... I feel like Rodney Dangerfeild....lol
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    the only thing I liked was that I was taken a little more seriously when I was bigger ( I was never obese just a little overweight) when I lost all the weight the comments like you've lost too much, or there's no way your not starving yourself. came back. I was skinny most of my life and always heard things like you must be anorexic, or there's no way your healthy. I wasn't big enough I guess to get the fat comments.
  • rosah2
    rosah2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    The only thing I will miss is eating pretty much whatever I wanted. I will be more than happy to get rid of the big boobs! (If I do.)
  • katy_trail
    Options
    i've never been warm. most of the year i sleep with a very heavy thick blanket, sometimes even when it's blistering hot outside that's the blanket i want even if i'm hot. but i'm rarely too hot. gradually through the winter i adjust and colder temps are not freezing,
    but i always have cold feet, hands ect, unless it's hot outside.
  • jamielr84
    jamielr84 Posts: 545
    Options
    The boobs. I'm about half way to my goal and I haven't lost them yet. I would be sad to see them go if I lose them when I hit my goal weight.
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I tend to be shy so being bigger meant being invisible. Of course, when I didn't want to be, it could be frustrating. But most of the time, I liked being able to stay in the background.
    THIS.

I recently referred to being fat as my "Rape Deterrent" because nobody would look at fat me with anything other than disgust.

And I hate that changing. I don't want people to look at me.
  • Irish_Eyes81
    Irish_Eyes81 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    My kids laid on me and I had more cushion, lol my boobs are the same, so far
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I miss my Boobs!!! That cow Jillian Michaels shredded them.:explode:
    I miss Torrid! I don't even fit their shoes anymore!:sad:
    I hate that the smaller I get the worse my stretch marks look.:embarassed:
    On the upside,my legs are AMAZING!:tongue:
  • NellBells91
    Options
    I liked it because when someone was interested in me, I knew it was because of my personality, not looks. However even after admitting feelings for me no one would ask me out because of my weight. Double edged sword.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I used to be able to roll everywhere. Now, I have to walk. :angry:
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I miss being warm!
  • BobbyJo28
    BobbyJo28 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think when I was heavier I had more padding. Every time I bump or hit something it hurts wayyyyyyy more and bumps up longer .
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I miss eating whatever I wanted in the quantities I wanted...
  • xvegivorex
    Options
    38DD boobs… gonna miss those… ^.^
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    boobs and azz, they are both gone now. ;(
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I deal with some social anxiety and being so big I was easily ignored/invisible to most people.

I also think being so big and being bullied and so self conscious has helped me relate to others better - I am not very judgmental and very forgiving (thanks, bullies!)
  • HoosierBecky
    HoosierBecky Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Fat people are harder to kidnap. :happy: