Want to lose 14lbs in 4weeks :-/ any tips?

Options
1235»

Replies

• brinsy
    brinsy Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Today I'd whheetabix, oat crackers, small tin of tuna, mixed fruit salad, few slices of ham, veg soup, a chicken breast and tonight I had to have an aero hot chocolate. I know it's a mad mixture of everything

I'm a veggie, how much fat is in the meat? Do you usually drink caffeine?

Maybe it is the caffeine had two coffees yesterday none today ad that to the no chocolate then when I'd have eaten at least two bars the last two weeks
  • brinsy
    Options
    Today I'd whheetabix, oat crackers, small tin of tuna, mixed fruit salad, few slices of ham, veg soup, a chicken breast and tonight I had to have an aero hot chocolate. I know it's a mad mixture of everything

I'm a veggie, how much fat is in the meat? Do you usually drink caffeine?

If you got enough fat and aren't in caffeine withdrawal, I think you just have a headache unrelated to eating. :flowerforyou:
    True ha! People actually do get headaches I suppose :-D
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I think it sounds like too much to be able to accomplish. I would think 2 pounds a week would be the max and that is an average. You would most likely loose the most the first week. I have used protien shakes as meal replacements on occasion but I do not feel it is a sustainable way of loosing. I know for myself I wouldn't make it 4 weeks on a liquid diet. Best of luck to you!
  • muddynicola
    muddynicola Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    my advice is don't ask a question like that on here, you'll get your head bitten off :p - speaking from personal experience.

I'm trying to drop similar numbers for holiday and these are the rules im sticking to:
    - lots of small meals space througout the day
    - 1200 calories per day
    - 30 mins exercise per day (not eating back the calories but if I do more than 30 mins I will eat them back until I have consumed 950 net so I don't slow my metabolism)
    - stick to the MFP protein goal (this naturally seems to reduce my carbs)
    - cut back on bread, pasta, rice etc but I still have them if I want so long as I stay within 1200
    - In terms of exercise I really recommend jillian michaels 30 day shred. I do 13 of her videos on rotation every day but that would cost a lot, so the 30 day shred has 4 workouts in so that's the best value option and really works you.
  • nicleed
    nicleed Posts: 247 Member
    Options

Seriously? that's all? With all the previous posts etc I thought you had been convinced to do this the healthy way. That can't be more than about 1000-1200 cals....

No wonder you have a headache. Eat. More.
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I once lost 7 lbs and 8 ozs in 6 hours one day in July. Then, a few years later, I lost another 7 lbs 6 ozs in 6.5 hours one day in April.

That weight is STILL hanging around, but now those pounds have pretty much taken on lives of their own.

I think I'm the only one that got that...hehehe
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Definitely go have a little caffeine. Maybe some tea. I have no idea what calorie amount is in the food you posted, but if the other poster is right and it's only 1000, go eat some more, too. :flowerforyou:

You can have chocolate every day. Even if you want to do it the "cleaner" route. You may find higher quality dark chocolate (still sweetened though) is more satisfying to you. Check out the more expensive bars of chocolate and portion them out. 90% of the time I can make them last a few days. The other times. Well. Life happens. Dark chocolate is even promoted as a health food in moderation.
  • nicleed
    nicleed Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I once lost 7 lbs and 8 ozs in 6 hours one day in July. Then, a few years later, I lost another 7 lbs 6 ozs in 6.5 hours one day in April.

That weight is STILL hanging around, but now those pounds have pretty much taken on lives of their own.

I lost 9lbs 9 in one day in 2004 and 8lbs 13 four years later. I win :)
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    You can't do it unless you want to lose muscle along with the fat, thereby lowering your metabolic rate.
  • klhessling
    klhessling Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Beachbody Ultimate Reset would do it. I lost 6.5 lbs in 21 days but most people lose more than that. Broke through my plateau and got me to goal weight..... Finally!
  • klhessling
    klhessling Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Btw, this was in January and I've maintained the weight loss with no problems
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options

I lost 9lbs 9 in one day in 2004 and 8lbs 13 four years later. I win :)

I lost 7 lbs and 15 oz in 19 hours in 1993.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    my advice is don't ask a question like that on here, you'll get your head bitten off :p - speaking from personal experience.

I'm trying to drop similar numbers for holiday and these are the rules im sticking to:
    - lots of small meals space througout the day
    - 1200 calories per day
    - 30 mins exercise per day (not eating back the calories but if I do more than 30 mins I will eat them back until I have consumed 950 net so I don't slow my metabolism)
    - stick to the MFP protein goal (this naturally seems to reduce my carbs)
    - cut back on bread, pasta, rice etc but I still have them if I want so long as I stay within 1200
    - In terms of exercise I really recommend jillian michaels 30 day shred. I do 13 of her videos on rotation every day but that would cost a lot, so the 30 day shred has 4 workouts in so that's the best value option and really works you.

I really like this advice. It rings right and thinking back makes sense with stuff that's happened to my eating. Plus it's non-judgemental.
    Can we be friends? :flowerforyou:
  • brinsy
    Options
    Yer all so helpful on here it's so great. I'm realising now that starvation mode (1200cal or less) is not going to work! Just going to move more not go over my calorie allowance not restrict myself either or I won't last ill be right back to where I started !