Does anyone else hate facebook?

Options

Replies

• vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    And, why the fvck do people take pictures of their drinks when they are out at a bar. I know what drinks look like you dumbass. I'd rather you say, " hey, I'm at the blah bar, come down and join me if you're not doing anything". I mean, that's a legit update. But, a pic of your Cadillac margarita is stupid.

I lol'd, this is funny.
    more cranky/angry tonight. It all started on my commute home when the people on the radio show i listen to were eating grilled cheese sandwiches into the mics...the mouth sounds enraged me..then the livery cab that almost hit me...then the traffic...then the heavy downpour...it was just a crappy night for me tonight.

Yeah, I've had days like this too. When I'm just pissed off with the world and start hating everyone and everything annoys me.

But I usually post about my crap day on fb and get drunk after. :P

lol..i'm currently buzzed so that's adding to it.
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    oh, and I'm weighing in tomorrow morning for the first time in a couple months or so..so that's toadally going to wipe my ticker to ZERO...depressing and annoying.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I use Facebook because it makes getting a couple sites much easier thats it. I find it pretty silly tbh. If I want to say I had a sandwich for lunch this site seems more reasonable to state that.
  • Clement1ne
    Options
    Personally, I really like Facebook and I log in everyday. I have no shame.

I get updates in my news-feed of all my favorite singers & groups, also Evenko, so I see who's coming to town because I love concerts and that's who you buy tickets through.

If you have a question about where to buy something or if anyone knows anything about a new product or whatever. - Just ask on you FB page and you'll reach out to all your friends...... well, those who haven't already hid you from their news-feed at least, lol.

Facebook has HIDE option for those who are easily irritated.

People can post what they want to their profile. That's the point of it.

As for MFP, many of the message board topics are ridiculous, the rating ones, "the person above me has nice....." (like, what IS that?), etc.

Emmalee :smile:
  • Clement1ne
    Options
    Sounds like people don't know how to use many of the existing FB settings.

Things like "See All/Most/Only Important Updates," creating specific groups, adjusting "What Types of Updates?: Life Events/Status Updates/Photos/Games/etc," "Show In Newsfeed," and "Unfriend" tend to de-clutter the newsfeed fairly quickly.

Yes, exactly.
  • FitBlackChick
    FitBlackChick Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    We don't care to see a picture of what you had for lunch and dinner

^THIS :noway:
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Why do people find the need to re-post other people's likes and quotes and e-cards? Nothing seems original anymore.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Facebook makes me feel smarter than all my friends. I love it
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    It's a good way to stay in touch with people that I otherwise wouldn't stay in touch with.

The constant posting of motivational quotes and silly photos get annoying.

Food/drink from an Iphone camera never looks appetizing.

People post inane *kitten* but really people say even more inane *kitten* so really it's an improvement.

All in all I'd say it's more of a positive than a negative.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    "THEY GOT HIM!!!!" We all know Suspect #2 was caught...you all don't need to report it
    We don't care that you're working out
    No one really cares what you're doing every couple hours
    Yeah, we all feel bad for the Boston bombing victims.

Maybe i'm just a miserable fvck...who knows.

Ha,ha! I love this. You sound exactly like my husband!
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I think Facebook is a tool for people to self-validate their own lives by letting people know that they have one. Or to glorify the act of being "busy".

:laugh: Okay I exaggerate, it's a necessary evil sometimes!
  • chicco57
    chicco57 Posts: 298
    Options
    I don't use it. Never will.

I used to use it... but im with you...will never use it again!
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    you could deactivate......
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options

^THIS :noway:

EXACTLY!

Or posting a picture of your son or daughter's first poop. Disgusting!
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    It can get annoying scrolling through bundles of crap ...

I remember when it first came out my friends were on it, it was more of a. Curious adventure on this new type of communication... Then about 2 years later, spam came into place:explode:
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook. Mostly hate.

To me the most annoying thing is when someone consistently posts "I'm bored." What are you, five? You need to be entertained? Get outta my newsfeed.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I abandoned mine a long time ago. Privacy violations got to be too much.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    "THEY GOT HIM!!!!" We all know Suspect #2 was caught...you all don't need to report it
    We don't care that you're working out
    No one really cares what you're doing every couple hours
    Yeah, we all feel bad for the Boston bombing victims.

Maybe i'm just a miserable fvck...who knows.

Not at all, I hate Facebook too. Fvck Facebook! I have to thank FB for wasting the world's time for the past 5 years or so and contributing to the downfall of meaningful communication.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I hate when people post 10,000 pictures of their one kid opening every present they got for christmas. It's freaking obsessive. I don't mind one or two cute kid pics, but God, give me a freaking break.